Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who will win the Showdown in the Superdome?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Saints

10 71.43%
  • 49ers

4 28.57%
Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Week 12 - 49ers at Saints

Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    Code:
    San Francisco 49ers (7-2-1) @ New Orleans Saints (5-5) Location: Mercedes-Benz Superdome Time: 1:25 PM PT Sunday, November 25th TV: FOX
    QB Comparison
    QB Rating Yards TD INT 99.8 3066 28 9 Drew Brees 104.1 1731 13 5 Alex Smith
    RB Comparison
    Yards Att. YPC TDs 341 74 4.6 1 Pierre Thomas 831 157 5.3 5 Frank Gore
    WR Comparison
    Yards Rec AVG TDs 721 51 14.1 7 Marques Colston 541 47 11.5 5 Michael Crabtree
    Defensive Leaders
    Tackles Sacks INTs Malcolm Jenkins Cameron Jordan Roman Harper 84 6.0 2 Navorro Bowman Aldon Smith Dashon Goldson 94 15.0 3
    You guys ready for this? Forget the win over the Raiders. This is the real deal. This is for the past and the future. Revenge for last year and keeping this year's playoff dream alive.

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

vCash
    win or lose this game, its going to be physical. Having this game before a short week is going to KILL us at Atlanta next

vCash
    PAYBACK IS A *****!!

As we saw in the Saints' last playoff game, the 49ers are a very, very physical defense.

Ball security is paramount.

Do not let the Niner defensive pass rush space out the OLine.. That's how they get you with stunts and jukes and rips .... But none of that can work if they stay disciplined, create a wall, and communicate with each other.

offensive line needs to take the fight TO the defense. Expect to get punched in the mouth and punch them in the mouth harder and longer. Be strong and stick with it.. weaker minded/charachtered guys will break first.

OLine needs to get good blocking penetration to the second (and third) levels to eat up their backers.

The big time mismatches in this game are Sproles and Graham. If memory serves me, Sproles was an absolute nightmare for their defense last time.

Saints defense needs to really really sell presnap formation deception. Qb feels way too comfortable autibling from his pre snap read.

Be ready for ANYTHING with San Fran's offense. Saints defene needs to stay disciplined. The offense seems a lot better this year and they pull out everything... Really good offensive play calling with good trickery (Extra tight end and extra tackle formations that they play action out of, wildcat with Kap, double reverses, #32 almost threw it from behind the line of scrimmage last night, etc.)

Obviously Aldon Smith needs to be chipped or cracked like every third down, at least. You have to play guys with long arms closer, instead of sitting back, and get up on them so they can't use their arms effectively. Good luck with that!!

That's all I can think of for now.. I'll edit in more observations later.
    Last edited by WhoDat; 11-20-2012 at 11:10 PM.
    !WhoDat!

vCash
    Holy crap Neo this is a big game!

My keys to victory:

Double Vernon Davis. Remember Tony G this can be much much worse. Quduus should play this guy with a LB Harper in the Big Nickel or with what we have Vilma or Casillas preferably.

#46 Walker I think we gotta watch him in the middle routes.

Gore and Crew obviously the run game should receive the rest of the focus on Defense to include the QB spy.

Robinson and Greer it should be a long day of a whole lotta man coverage because on passes we need to double Davis and on runs it will take the rest of the Defense to slow down the run or we are done. Make them beat us with the pass to the WRs.

Offensively.

Screen plays WR TE and RB of course. Lots of checkdowns. Quick throws. Fake toss hand offs counters and misdirection run plays to get these fast defenders overreacting.

Hartley will need to make all his FGs I think he will get about 2-3 tries minimum.

We do this I think we win 27 -23.

We don't I think we lose big 35 - 17
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    This is the biggest test of Neo's abilities. Your *** better have taken the red pill!

I noticed you broke out the poll. Can't do it every game, but I feel you on this one.

I think this will be different than January. For one, PT ain't going out in the 1st quarter again. If even if he did, Ingram is there. It won't be Brees checking down to Sproles every other play. If Ivory does what he couldn't do in January and breaks off a good run or two, that'll set the Whiners up for some play action. Run the ball, win the game!

I think Smith gets the start, but you have to wonder if he'll start pressing after Harbaugh made that bone-headed comment after the game. He created a problem where none existed.

Best defenders are in the stands!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoDat View Post
    PAYBACK IS A *****!!

As we saw in the Saints' last playoff game, the 49ers are a very, very physical defense.

Do not let the Niner defensive pass rush space out the OLine.. That's how they get you with stunts and jukes and rips .... But none of that can work if they stay disciplined and communicate with each other.

offensive line needs to take the fight TO the defense. Expect to get punched in the mouth and punch them in the mouth harder and longer. Be strong and stick with it.. weaker minded/charachtered guys will break first.

OLine needs to get good blocking penetration to the second (and third) levels to eat up their backers.

The big time mismatches in this game are Sproles and Graham. If memory serves me, Sproles was an absolute nightmare for their defense last time.

Saints defense needs to really really sell presnap formation deception. Qb feels way too comfortable autibling from his pre snap read.

Be ready for ANYTHING with San Fran's offense. Saints defene needs to stay disciplined. The offense seems a lot better this year and they pull out everything... Really good offensive play calling with good trickery (Extra tight end and extra tackle formations that they play action out of, wildcat with Kap, double reverses, #32 almost threw it from behind the line of scrimmage last night, etc.)

Obviously Aldon Smith needs to be chipped or cracked like every third down, at least. You have to play guys with long arms closer, instead of sitting back, and get up on them so they can't use their arms effectively. Good luck with that!!

You nailed it on ball security. For as great as people like to say SF is, they needed 5 turnovers to squeak by. If the Saints play clean, got to love their chances.

vCash
    I have been waiting for this game all year
    WHO DAT!

vCash
    Heard Kaepernick (sp?) is gonna start
    "I am and always will be- The Optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes. The dreamer of improbable dreams."

vCash
    Holy **** I'm excited for this game..

vCash
    I LOVE the fire that everyone is showing in prep for this game! In order to prepare mentally for this game, I'm going to watch the entire playoff game from last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoDat View Post
    PAYBACK IS A *****!!

Do not let the Niner defensive pass rush space out the OLine.. That's how they get you with stunts and jukes and rips .... But none of that can work if they stay disciplined, create a wall, and communicate with each other.

Think you nailed it here. GREAT analysis man. I love it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by neovenator250 View Post
    I LOVE the fire that everyone is showing in prep for this game! In order to prepare mentally for this game, I'm going to watch the entire playoff game from last year.
    Where? I want to watch this on Friday night or something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iamaj View Post
    This is the biggest test of Neo's abilities. Your *** better have taken the red pill!

I noticed you broke out the poll. Can't do it every game, but I feel you on this one.
    Yeah, I'm definitely fired up for this. If we get this one, I'm a Game Thread Maker of Destiny. Probably the biggest game of the year so far, I figured the poll was called for. Haven't used it yet this season, been saving it for something special.

vCash
    Good call.

I'm really high on the Saints for this game. I don't think they'll turn the ball over 5 times again. I don't see Drew throwing 2 picks, either (unless they're tips). Don't forget that if PT gets hit like that this go around, I wouldn't be shocked to see a flag.

If the Saints keep the penalties and turnovers low, I love them in this game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TO Rapz View Post
    Where? I want to watch this on Friday night or something.
    If you have NFL Network they're replaying it Saturday at 1:00 in the afternoon. Other options are paying for NFL Game Rewind or downloading the game off of iTunes. The game is like $2.99 on iTunes

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast