Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Analyst View Post
    I completely agree with this lineup - in fact, I arrived at the same list after the Melky signing myself. When Lind is healthy and on, he's as good as hitter as there is. And whoever it was that compared Lind to Bargnani as a player who has the tools but never put it together, seems to have forgot that he hit 36 HR and won a silver slugger a few years ago. So he obviously can put it together.
    He did it once, and hasn't come close since.

Could it happen again? Sure. But that's not where the smart money goes.

vCash
    I completely agree with this lineup - in fact, I arrived at the same list after the Melky signing myself. When Lind is healthy and on, he's as good as hitter as there is. And whoever it was that compared Lind to Bargnani as a player who has the tools but never put it together, seems to have forgot that he hit 36 HR and won a silver slugger a few years ago. So he obviously can put it together.
    Which he has been what, like a month and a half out of the last 18? For the life of me I can't understand why the rope is so long with this guy for some people.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    And I'd make the argument here that Bonafacio is just 27 years old. Just coming into his prime. In his only full season he puts up his career, so far, best. Maybe he's just a guy who needs playing time? If he can come near his 2011 numbers playing second, we really hit the jackpot in this deal. He's certainly a bonus IMO. If he gets that WAR back above 2, he'll be worthy of the starting job over Izturis.
    seems players hitting their prime can be a huge factor if u can recognize the talent.

looking at the 2,3,4 hitters of the jays 2013 line up, the milkman, joey bats and EE. They went from rejects to all stars.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009mvp View Post
    Which he has been what, like a month and a half out of the last 18? For the life of me I can't understand why the rope is so long with this guy for some people.
    Because if you really know the game and you see the way he handles at bats when he's at his best, you can't let that go.

vCash
    Because if you really know the game and you see the way he handles at bats when he's at his best, you can't let that go.
    Everybody looks good when they're at their best. The problem is that Lind's best isn't something he can sustain, and his production over the past 2-3 years shows that he's one of the worst hitting 1B/DH in the game.

The Jays have a lot of options heading into 2013. Using Lind is the worst possible one, because he's not likely to be a productive hitter. It'll be 4 years removed from his only good season. We have to stop pretending that Lind is a good hitter at this point.

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

This sums up every sports interview, ever.

vCash
    Please.

vCash
    Why is Lind BAtting 5th ???? Let's ask JB that' question

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1hardcore View Post
    Why is Lind BAtting 5th ???? Let's ask JB that' question
    Cause i dont want 3 righties in a row and I dont want Rasmus there either.

Its not ideal but it looks like that is where he will eb batting barring any more changes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysFan87 View Post
    Cause i dont want 3 righties in a row and I dont want Rasmus there either.

Its not ideal but it looks like that is where he will eb batting barring any more changes.
    This.

This lineup is based on the personnel on the team TODAY.

vCash
    [QUOTE=Krylian;24423298]This.

This lineup is based on the personnel on the team TODAY.[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking it may change a bit when the winter meetings are done!

vCash
    [QUOTE=wagnall;24423336][QUOTE=Krylian;24423298]This.

This lineup is based on the personnel on the team TODAY.

I'm thinking it may change a bit when the winter meetings are done!
    I would be down with that.

vCash
    He could have said...

Reyes R
    Bonifacio S
    Bautista R
    Encarnacion R
    Cabrerra S
    Lawrie R
    Lind L
    Arencibia R
    Rasmus L

That would keep the righty/lefty and still have speed in the 9th spot (not that Rasmus seems to actually steal any bases, but at least he won't clog the paths in front of Reyes)

vCash
    ^^you beat me to it...lol

I would rather see Bonifacio and his speed in the top 2. The last time Bonifacio played a full season he hit.296/.360/.393 with 40 SB's. Last year he stole 30 bases in 33 attempts over just 64 games.

We could lead the AL in stolen bases next year if Bonifacio,Reyes and Lawrie play full seasons and Gibbons uses Davis effectively against left handed pitching and as a pinch runner late in games.

the last piece we need imo is one more right handed hitter that MASHES lefties. Then we can take both Rasmus and Lind out against most left handed starters and stay effective 1 through 9 in every game.

vCash
    i expect 25-28 jacks with about a .250-.260 avg from Lind. Lets hope he can keep his back healthy

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345