Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    The problem with that is that Bonifacio isn't really very good. I mean, he has some very useful skills, but not ones that make him a capable top of the order hitter. If he's starting (and I still think Maicer is the better option) it has to be in the 8/9 hole.

vCash
    I too think Izturiz will be teh starting 2B.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
    I posted this in another thread, but I think this is a better spot for it. I would like to see Melky used as the cleanup hitter between Joey Bats and EE. Whether it's a lefty or righty on the mound, it would be interesting to have a high OBP guy to the middle of the lineup. Teams might think about walking Bautista to face Melky, but then there's a good chance Melky gets on as well and EE gets to bat with two on.

vs RHP:

SS Reyes
    2B Bonifacio
    RF Bautista
    LF Cabrera
    1B EE
    CF Rasmus
    3B Lawrie
    DH Lind
    C Arencibia

vs LHP:

SS Reyes
    2B Bonifacio
    RF Bautista
    LF Cabrera
    1B EE
    3B Lawrie
    DH Gomes-- The perfect platoon for Lind
    CF Rasmus
    C Arencibia
    Gomes is finalizing a 2 year deal with the Red Sox, so there goes that idea...

SWAGUEZ!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nithanyo View Post
    You think the reason the yankees take so many walks is because they can "work the count" better or cus the pitchers throw them less strikes cus that lineup is so stacked and pitchers are scared to throw a fastball to half of them?
    because they get professional hitters and work the count. without question.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    because they get professional hitters and work the count. without question.
    I don't think it needs to fully be one or the other. I'm sure both contribute to it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Converged View Post
    I don't think it needs to fully be one or the other. I'm sure both contribute to it.
    that's true. but if you remember Jeremy Giambi then you know it's not all about respect. or even close in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    AA said he wouldnt do the deal without e. bona in it so I think he starts over izzy
    Beeston: "we should be able to support a $140-$150 million payroll and that's the direction that we're headed."

vCash
    He also said he almost didn't do it because they wanted Jeff Mathis. Just me, but I wouldn't read too much into either statement.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009mvp View Post
    The problem with that is that Bonifacio isn't really very good. I mean, he has some very useful skills, but not ones that make him a capable top of the order hitter. If he's starting (and I still think Maicer is the better option) it has to be in the 8/9 hole.
    Fully agree - I really like Bonifacio, so don't get me wrong, but he's a 8/9 guy, not a top of the order guy

The lineup I'd personally go with

Reyes
    Melky
    Bautista
    EE
    Lawrie
    Rasmus
    Lind
    JPA
    Bonifacio

Of course, ideally you'd NOT have Adam Lind bat at all, and have some stud in between Bautista and EE, knocking the rest down a slot.... but that hasn't happened yet

Either way, this is a pretty damn good lineup.

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009mvp View Post
    He also said he almost didn't do it because they wanted Jeff Mathis. Just me, but I wouldn't read too much into either statement.
    Sounded more like posturing to me too. I mean, he was probably tough in discussions because that's how you fleece teams, but he would have done the deal without Mathis/Boni I would imagine. He just needs to put it out there that he's being serious when playing hardball with other GMs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    Fully agree - I really like Bonifacio, so don't get me wrong, but he's a 8/9 guy, not a top of the order guy

Reyes
    Melky
    Bautista
    EE
    Lawrie
    Rasmus
    Lind
    JPA
    Bonifacio

Of course, ideally you'd NOT have Adam Lind bat at all, and have some stud in between Bautista and EE, knocking the rest down a slot.... but that hasn't happened yet

Probably been said before but I'd never put Lind/Rasmus back to back. Hope it doesn't matter though and Lind is gone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post

Reyes
    Melky
    Bautista
    EE
    Lawrie
    Rasmus
    Lind
    JPA
    Bonifacio

I doubt very much they will stack the line up with three righties (Bautista, EE, Lawrie) then 2 lefties (Rasmus, Lind). THat lineup becomes easy to defeat come the late innings. Baring any other changes the lineup u will see going into the season will look like

Reyes
    Cabrera
    Bautista
    EE
    Lind
    Lawrie
    Rasmus
    JPA
    Isturiz

vCash
    Yep you guys are right, I wasn't thinking about that when I was putting it together. Good call. Though, do you think Izturis starts over Bonifacio? I mean in general, I think there will be some kind of platoon but I expect Bonifacio to get most of the starts - likely at 2nd.

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wamco View Post
    AA said he wouldnt do the deal without e. bona in it so I think he starts over izzy
    I have to agree. I think Izzy will be the super sub and will get lots of ABs all over the infield and that Boni starts at 2nd base. That being said, I'm not sure how long the leash will be before they are willing to switch it up if Boni struggles.

Is it spring training yet???

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Korac View Post
    I have to agree. I think Izzy will be the super sub and will get lots of ABs all over the infield and that Boni starts at 2nd base. That being said, I'm not sure how long the leash will be before they are willing to switch it up if Boni struggles.

Is it spring training yet???
    I agree Boni should start over Izzy. Boni was .296/.360 in 2011 with 565 plate appearances. He could be a 2 but I like him better as an 8 or 9. If he's in the 2 hole, i think Cabrera slips between EE and JB. Otherwise I think it's Lind in the 5, with Lawrie, Rasmus, JPA and Boni.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast