Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    That's the same lineup I have.

I don't want Lind around, but if this is the roster we go into the year with then I think you'll see a DH platoon. Lind and X as DH (Buck, Davis?).

Morneau is looking pretty good as the #5 guy in that lineup...maybe even cleanup if he reverts back to his prime (wishful thinking).

vCash
    I like it but not Lind at 5. I really hate Lind.

He's a bum, I have faith AA signs a decent DH to fill in that jag of a baseball player.

Toronto Gyarados.
    NHL Pokemon logo's for the win.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

vCash
    Kansas City looking to make moves, wouldn't mind replacing Lind with Butler who hits good against RH and LH or Hosmer, nice young LH bat. Don't know what they want but imagine it would be a lot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wagnall View Post
    Kansas City looking to make moves, wouldn't mind replacing Lind with Butler who hits good against RH and LH or Hosmer, nice young LH bat. Don't know what they want but imagine it would be a lot.
    asking price will be ridiculous....im sure rasmus...and/or a prospect will be in the mix

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanyo View Post
    Whatever the lineup is, I WANT THE PLAYERS TO WORK THE COUNTS!

This is the one thing most people on here know I stress -- work them, make the pitcher tired and get to the pen early.

If you look at Lind and Rasmus, most of their failures at the plate has been as a result of a decrease in walks -- I hope Mottola can work with these two and get them to work the count, especially Lind who he actually got to walk (shocking) in Triple A last year-- 15 walks in 32 games, helped him have an obp over .400. Obviously he wont have the same success, but he has potential.

"Hey lind i want you to take more walks"

How do you suppose Mottolo teaches them to take more walks? What can he possibly tell them that Murphy is not telling them now? What can he say that is going to make their eyes better so they can decipher a strike from a ball ? How much impact can he have on guys in their late 20's and 30's?

Its been proven that the first pitch in an at bat is likely the best pitch a hitter will see. Makes sense cus if i was a pitcher Id want to start a batter off with a strike likely a pitch i can throw for a strike which is likely a fast ball.

You think the reason the yankees take so many walks is because they can "work the count" better or cus the pitchers throw them less strikes cus that lineup is so stacked and pitchers are scared to throw a fastball to half of them?

Cus frankly. IF i was a pitcher. Id be more likely to throw more strikes to Lind, Rasmus, Arencibia than i would to Granderson,Cano etc.

Its not the hitting coach. its the hitters themselves

vCash
    If we got Billy Butler I'd just about lose it. One of my favourite players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nithanyo View Post
    "Hey lind i want you to take more walks"

How do you suppose Mottolo teaches them to take more walks? What can he possibly tell them that Murphy is not telling them now? What can he say that is going to make their eyes better so they can decipher a strike from a ball ? How much impact can he have on guys in their late 20's and 30's?

Its been proven that the first pitch in an at bat is likely the best pitch a hitter will see. Makes sense cus if i was a pitcher Id want to start a batter off with a strike likely a pitch i can throw for a strike which is likely a fast ball.

You think the reason the yankees take so many walks is because they can "work the count" better or cus the pitchers throw them less strikes cus that lineup is so stacked and pitchers are scared to throw a fastball to half of them?

Cus frankly. IF i was a pitcher. Id be more likely to throw more strikes to Lind, Rasmus, Arencibia than i would to Granderson,Cano etc.

Its not the hitting coach. its the hitters themselves
    If a hitting coach can't help a player with his approach as you have clearly indicated, and it is only the players who swing the bat. Why have a hitting coach at all, especially one who told Davis to harness his home run power?"

It is weird that Lawrie had to walk more in order to make it to the majors, as told by AA. Then, when he made it, he no longer had to.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AntwanN21 View Post
    If we got Billy Butler I'd just about lose it. One of my favourite players.
    Would be nice, but he should cost quite a bit after the season he just had at the plate. Definitely would be nice to have a thumper to just slot in the DH spot for 160 games though, without having to worry about platoons/if the guy will finally remember how to hit this year.

However, if we are going to part with assets for a slugging DH, I think it should be a lefty bat. We're a little RH heavy in terms of our power bats. Failing that, though, I think a Lind/Gomes (or a similar lefty-masher), or even Lind/Davis platoon could be quite potent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkefied View Post
    If a hitting coach can't help a player with his approach as you have clearly indicated, and it is only the players who swing the bat. Why have a hitting coach at all, especially one who told Davis to harness his home run power?"

It is weird that Lawrie had to walk more in order to make it to the majors, as told by AA. Then, when he made it, he no longer had to.
    Hardlly.

http://m.theglobeandmail.com/sports/...service=mobile

He didnt say go try and hit a home run every single at bat. It says look for a certain pitch and when/if you get it you hit it as hard as you can if it results in a home run so be it. Thats the kind of approach every major leaguer should have anyways no?

As for Lawrie, Im sure they didnt tell him to stop taking walks. Its more along the lines of pitchers figured him out. Its the majors man. He isnt facing AAA pitchers in Vegas where guys are afraid to throw strikes to the 20 year old phenom in a band box ball park with high altitude and 40 degree tempratures where pitches just fly out.

Some people make it seem like batters can take walks at will.

I dont mind going with a different coach but it is it going to make any difference? Players seem to like Murphy and same with management. I dont see anything wrong with the a "see strike, hit strike" approach. I dont see how Motolla will do any better. If anything we should see what motolla can do in buffalo. We have one of the best offences in the game and come May/June we arent hitting Im sure Murphy will be first to get axed.

vCash
    That Lineup is not bad...like we all say.. IF lind can stay healthy and get some consistancy at the plate... Most likely since he is behind EE he will see more favorable pitches... I would like to see this

1. Reyes
    2. Cabrera
    3. Bautista
    4. Encarnacion
    5. Gomes (Free Agent Signee)
    6. Lawrie
    7. Rasmus
    8. Arencibia
    9. Bonifacio

Bench

Cooper or Lind
    Buck
    Davis
    Izturis

This way we can trade Lind and maybe a prospect for another pitcher or something... or platoon him off the bench...although I think David Cooper deserves a shot at a platoon role... I did my research and projection for Jonny gomes (see Below)

2012- 99 Games... 279 AB 18 HR 47 RBI .377 OBP
    hit a HR every 15 AB
    Hit every 3 AB
    RBI every 6 AB
    BB every 6 AB
    K every 3 AB
    HBP every 34 AB

so if he plays 150 games and gets at least 420 AB we should be able to get the following from him...

Games: 150
    At Bats: 420
    Hits: 120
    HR: 27
    RBI: 71
    BB: 68
    K: 153
    HBP: 10-12
    OBP: .370-.397

This guy would be perfect in the DH spot.... And he is cheap..made a million last year... offer him a 2 year 8 million contract... why should we not?

vCash
    The Murphy quote was a direct quote I saw on sportsnet in an interview two years ago during spring training when Rajai was hitting all those home runs. I'm glad you found another quote though that said something slightly different.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLuke2 View Post
    I like it but not Lind at 5. I really hate Lind.

He's a bum, I have faith AA signs a decent DH to fill in that jag of a baseball player.
    what if AA has faith in Lind lol and doesn't find a DH. Maybe he's hoping for prime Lind to come back?

u going to be mad about that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post
    what if AA has faith in Lind lol and doesn't find a DH. Maybe he's hoping for prime Lind to come back?

u going to be mad about that?
    Although I currently believe Lind should be moved if possible, don't you think Anthopoulos deserves the benefit of the doubt with matters like this?

Look at Encarnacion. Anthopoulos said for a few years how he thought there was value there and eventually (after a trip to the minors, like Lind had last year) he came back and lit it up. If you look at Lind following his trip to the minors last year, he also hit really well. I'm not going to be totally upset to see Lind get a final chance in 2013 if they choose to go that way.

Again, I'm very skeptical about Lind and I would like to see him traded, but given your scenario that Anthopoulos isn't merely stuck with Lind but actually likes him (which I don't believe is true) then I'd say Anthopoulos has earned some trust.

vCash
    I don't mind.

vCash
    I posted this in another thread, but I think this is a better spot for it. I would like to see Melky used as the cleanup hitter between Joey Bats and EE. Whether it's a lefty or righty on the mound, it would be interesting to have a high OBP guy to the middle of the lineup. Teams might think about walking Bautista to face Melky, but then there's a good chance Melky gets on as well and EE gets to bat with two on.

vs RHP:

SS Reyes
    2B Bonifacio
    RF Bautista
    LF Cabrera
    1B EE
    CF Rasmus
    3B Lawrie
    DH Lind
    C Arencibia

vs LHP:

SS Reyes