Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: are we the fastest team in baseball?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

27 93.10%
  • No

2 6.90%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Are we the fastest team in baseball now?

We were 5th in SB's in 2012 with 123 and the top team (Minnesota) only had 135. The leader in all of the major leagues (Mil) was only 158. We added 2 of the top SB guys in the game in Reyes and Bonifacio, and they should play positions that really didn't give us any SB's last year.

Can you imagine if we trade Rasmus and play Gose in CF too?The following 5 guys could have 160+ if they play the full season:

Reyes
    Bonifacio
    Gose
    Davis
    Lawrie

Even without Gose I think we could lead at least the AL in SB's...talk about a total 180 in team offensive philosophy.

vCash
    Hmm, overall team speed? Off the top of my head I would be hard pressed to think of anyone with better. Hopefully we harness it effectively, but should be fun to watch.

vCash
    We're definitely up there now. Colby and Melky provide a good deal of speed too, although they probably won't amount to many stolen bases.

vCash
    Imagine the speed if Gose takes a step forward and takes the CF position away from Rasmus.

vCash
    We have a lot of speed, even if it doesn't amount to huge steal totals, speed is dangerous. It's gonna be fun to watch this team.

vCash
    Well yeah I'd say so not sure what team would even be close. Reyes, Bonifacio, Davis and Gose could all be in the top 10 in the MLB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
    We have a lot of speed, even if it doesn't amount to huge steal totals, speed is dangerous. It's gonna be fun to watch this team.
    Alot of speed means the Jays will score alot more from 2nd base and more often from 1st base on base hits.

vCash
    yup. gonna be so sick to watch

vCash
    if gose starts than we are the fastest in the majors. If he starts in the minors were still top 5

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceUpperCut View Post
    Well yeah I'd say so not sure what team would even be close. Reyes, Bonifacio, Davis and Gose could all be in the top 10 in the MLB.
    Davis better not be in the top ten because that means he's playing too much. He's deadly to have on the bench as a pinch runner though.

vCash
    I think we have the most power and speed in the American League.

vCash
    We have the POTENTIAL to be the fastest team in baseball.....BUT with John Gibbons running the team..good luck, youre going to need it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scottythegreat1 View Post
    We have the POTENTIAL to be the fastest team in baseball.....BUT with John Gibbons running the team..good luck, youre going to need it.
    Money factoid: his San Antonio club attempted stolen bases at an above average clip last year, perhaps suggesting that Gibbers is more apt to steal when his club has the players to do it.

vCash
    ^That's not too surprising.

Gibby never went for steals but our roster at the time was not constructed to do that at all. We were a station to station team, period. I mean, Reed Johnson was our big threat on the bases. Followed up by guys like Catalanotto, Hillenbrand, Overbay, Glaus/Rolen, Hill, and a slower Vernon Wells. ****ing Bengie Molina was on the team. Pretty safe to say Riccardi told Gibby to forget about steals.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_jon View Post
    ^That's not too surprising.

Gibby never went for steals but our roster at the time was not constructed to do that at all. We were a station to station team, period. I mean, Reed Johnson was our big threat on the bases. Followed up by guys like Catalanotto, Hillenbrand, Overbay, Glaus/Rolen, Hill, and a slower Vernon Wells. ****ing Bengie Molina was on the team. Pretty safe to say Riccardi told Gibby to forget about steals.
    The argument against Gibby as a base-stealing guy is Rios, who stole more bases when he went to the Sox. I don't really have an explanation for it, don't feel like digging too deep, but you're right, the team as a whole wasn't really constructed to do it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast