Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrForever View Post
    We have headcases on the team. How many games did Lawries inability to play a team game cost us last year..? I love Lawrie, but his selfishness brings his value down. No doubt he works hard but does he play for the team or does he play for himself. .
    Agree with everything you said except this.

How are you seriously questioning Lawrie as a team player? He makes a few bonehead plays here and there, sure. But he's young and that's expected.

What about his play to you suggests that he's playing for himself and not the team?

vCash
    Adam Lind threw Rickey Romero under the bus, drove over him, reversed and drove over him again. I really have to question what is going on in Adam Lind's mind. Yes Romero had a trainwreck of a year - guess what Adam so did you...and unlike him it wasn't just 1 year. You don't see anyone of your teammates call you out directly because of it do you. It's hard to be a leader when you are sucking to the point of being one of the worst at your position. Ricky was that last year. There's a reason why no one has ever talked about Lind being a leader at all, it's because he's been one of the worst at his position for quite some time now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrForever View Post
    Thats a pretty weak argument. Youd take barry bonds? obviously you would. Would you take him over a player who will hit a fee less home runs and bat for a lower average but runs out every single ground ball and cheers on his teammates and actually cares about winning? i would. Yeah obviously you would take those guys, they're all time greats, but how about Shea Hillenbrand, Nyjer Morgan, Elijah Dukes and other marginal players with skill and pure selfishness? I would take a less skilled good guy like John Macdonald everyday of the week and twice on Sundays over guys like that because no, you can't have a team of selfish players. You can have selfish players and do well, but you need to have character. Could you imagine a lineup of guys who don't run out ground balls, don't run hard for fly outs, chirp the manger and other players, do you really think that a small skill upgrade warrants that? Baseball is an indiviual game more so than most other team sports, but to an extent, you won't win if nobody cares, just ask the Dodgers. How many lunatics are there on the Cardinals, the Giants? You're saying those teams don't have leadership, it's all skill, no grind? Get real. Those teams have skill and they have starts, but they also have character and that's why they're there year after year fighting for the World Series.

We have headcases on the team. How many games did Lawries inability to play a team game cost us last year..? I love Lawrie, but his selfishness brings his value down. No doubt he works hard but does he play for the team or does he play for himself.

I want skilled players, obviously, but I want the skilled players who work the hardest and want to win and do whatever they can to win because usually those tend to be the best players. The Barry Bonds of the world are the exceptions, the Ken Griffeys and Hank Aarons and the other hard workers are the rule.
    The dude who went back to the clubhouse to sleep during a game?

vCash
    Lawrie a headcase? The only time you could perceive that would be regarding the Umpire incident where he threw the helmet to the ground and it just happened to take an awkward bounce and scrape the Umpire. Clearly he had no foul intentions.

Lawrie is a hard working athlete, he plays aggressive, but no way is he a headcase.He will adjust as he ages... lets not pretend we would rather have Jason Nix in his place.

vCash
    Lawrie is aggressive, he is intense, he is ultra-aggressive and he is young. Those first three bring a whole lot of good things to go with a few of the bad. The last one may mitigate the others as he gets older, but personally, I hope not too much.

He really does remind me of George Brett when he was younger...that dude was crazy intense. Never went away completely, be he did learn to harness it a bit better as he got older and more experienced. Hopefully Lawrie follows that track.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234