Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Leadership In The Clubhouse

I like all the moves the Jays have made so far. The only major piece I think they need to address that was an issue last year is leadership in the club house. I still wonder if people are comfortable with who will be the leadership group going forward. Mark Buerle I can see being a good benefit with the pitchers, but I am more concerned with the position players. Jose is a hell of player, same with Edwin but I don't see either as being a great leader. I could see a potential of a rift between new versus the more longer term players. Also a difference between dominican and non dominican players. The one player I would love to see the Jays go after yet would be Jim Thome. I think he good be a great voice in the room with all of his experience to keep the room together if they struggle at all throughout the year. With the current line up is there enough leadership to take this team to the playoffs? If so who will be the key to this? Who is the Paul Molitor, Dave Winfield or Joe Carter?

vCash
    Romero, Janssen for the pitchers.
    Bautista, Encarnacion...maybe JPA for position players.

vCash
    Bautista for the Hitters

Morrow for the Pitchers

Gibbons for the clubhouse

And by the way, those pants, they belong to my dad.And they're not really pants,
    they're Lederhosen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Krylian View Post
    Romero, Janssen for the pitchers.
    Bautista, Encarnacion...maybe JPA for position players.
    Romero???? He is not a leader he is a headcase he needs a leader

vCash
    ^^ u know hes talking about Ricky Romero right ? hes not a hot head one bit lol .

"I stole and I robbed ....and I kidnapped the President's son and held him for ransom, AND I DIDNT GET CAUGHT NEITHA ! " - Prison Mike

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    Pitcher - Mark Buehrle - work horse ethic
    Hitter - Jose Bautista
    Players - JPA if he is around (can be a bridge between the Spanish speaking players and English speaking ones)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jakedajewler View Post
    Romero???? He is not a leader he is a headcase he needs a leader
    Cite your case.

vCash
    how is romero a hot head? lol you wouldnt be hard on yourself if you had the year he did? his model girlfriend left him, if i had a model girlfriend who left me i would upset too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jbkbluejayfan View Post
    I like all the moves the Jays have made so far. The only major piece I think they need to address that was an issue last year is leadership in the club house.
    They announced that they hired a Manager earlier today.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
    how is romero a hot head? lol you wouldnt be hard on yourself if you had the year he did? his model girlfriend left him, if i had a model girlfriend who left me i would upset too.
    I thought he left her because of her DUI among other things lol

And Romero is not a hot head at all. He's fiery on the mound, gets up set and shows it. But he's not a head case
    Hockey- Toronto Maple Leafs
    Basketball- Toronto Raptors
    Baseball- Toronto Blue Jays
    Football - Philadelphia Eagles & San Diego Chargers

vCash
    I thought last year someone needed to put Romero in his place. He had such a cocky attitude for somebody who performed terribly. He had this sense of entitlement which really made me mad

vCash
    I don't know what the OP is talking about, I think Jose Reyes would be a GREAT leader alongside Bautista. Yes, Reyes can be a bit too fiery at times, but it's that fire that would go extremely well with Bautista's calm business-like approach. Buehrle and JJ should be good for the rotation as well. We lacked leadership last year, and AA has gone out of his way to get it done. Tremendous deal, and solid manager hire.

vCash
    Gibbons is the leader and if you don't like it, he'll punch you in the face.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Gibbons is the leader and if you don't like it, he'll punch you in the face.
    So he's punched you in the face? I like him already!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Farsight View Post
    I thought last year someone needed to put Romero in his place. He had such a cocky attitude for somebody who performed terribly. He had this sense of entitlement which really made me mad
    How was his attitude cocky? I didn't see that from him at all last year.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast