Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • San Francisco 49ers

24 88.89%
  • New Orleans Saints

3 11.11%
Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 444525354
    vCash
    That was a great game, one of the best of the season. But it won't happen against a better team, and for all we know Kaepernick could have done even better in that game.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Our QB's do not have to have great games! That's the thing! But if they have to, they can do it. Both of them. Kaep can do it through the air and on the ground. Alex can do it through the air and guess what? Through the run game as well, except through Gore. When Alex audibles to a run, guess what run play we run...the trap. Alex calls those audibles PERFECTLY and we benefit from it every single time. He knows when to call it (every single play would work for me lol). He knows when to check to Vernon Davis or Crabtree or Kyle Williams (when he was playing )...

Next year, when Colin has had a ton of time with the team, picking up chemistry and reps, I want him to start. He has more upside. But as of right now, this week going into the next, Alex is the better/safer bet. Playing Kaep is a high risk/high reward. All it takes is for one of Kaeps growing pains and we could beat ourselves. Alex does not do that. He is a low risk/high reward player right now. Why? Because we can win the Superbowl with him. We are a complete team. Why is he low risk? Because 1. He plays smart. 2. We've already proven with him at the helm, the way he plays, the way the games are called, we can win with him.
    I agree, but he's low risk/high or low reward in my eyes. Smith can do all the right things, I won't argue that, you know I was a big backer of his last year. But I just don't see enough consistently from Alex (yes he had the NO game) to show me he can do that any time we need it, and the staff has to agree, otherwise he wouldn't be on the bench. Harbaugh is a QB guy, he knows what he wants/needs out of QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    That was a great game, one of the best of the season. But it won't happen against a better team, and for all we know Kaepernick could have done even better in that game.
    Don't know if it'll happen against a better team...And Kaep or ANY QB IN THE LEAGUE could have done even better...but you know what? No one has. It's the best game any Qb has had in the NFL this year (so I think) Alex has had that game...its not a matter of could have.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    I agree, but he's low risk/high or low reward in my eyes. Smith can do all the right things, I won't argue that, you know I was a big backer of his last year. But I just don't see enough consistently from Alex (yes he had the NO game) to show me he can do that any time we need it, and the staff has to agree, otherwise he wouldn't be on the bench. Harbaugh is a QB guy, he knows what he wants/needs out of QB.
    But Alex has shown you he can do that. Kaep hasn't shown anyone he can do that. Alex went toe to toe with one of the best Qb's in the game and out dueled him at the end to win the game. He has shown he has it in his bag of tricks, to say he couldn't do it again is speculation. He could very well do it again if it was called upon him to do so. ( I think Kaep has the skill to do it as well, but not yet)

I think if the game was on the line Kaep would prefer to pull the ball down and run rather than throw. I also see him forcing passes that make everyone pull their hair out as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Don't know if it'll happen against a better team...And Kaep or ANY QB IN THE LEAGUE could have done even better...but you know what? No one has. It's the best game any Qb has had in the NFL this year (so I think) Alex has had that game...its not a matter of could have.

But Alex has shown you he can do that. Kaep hasn't shown anyone he can do that. Alex went toe to toe with one of the best Qb's in the game and out dueled him at the end to win the game. He has shown he has it in his bag of tricks, to say he couldn't do it again is speculation. He could very well do it again if it was called upon him to do so. ( I think Kaep has the skill to do it as well, but not yet)

I think if the game was on the line Kaep would prefer to pull the ball down and run rather than throw. I also see him forcing passes that make everyone pull their hair out as well.
    See this is where the division with people in this argument is. There are those who are more willing to take the sack than run with it, and ok with throwing the ball 20 feet out of bounds than trying to throw someone open. Its a case of playing safe worked for awhile, but people are afraid to try something different. To me, Smith has hit his ceiling, he is an outstanding efficient short game kind of QB who can occasionally win you games. We'll always be a playoff team with him, but we won't ever be that team that terrifies other teams to play us because they see how bad at times the offense can be if the running game isn't there. We need to give Kap more time to show what he has before we give up of say he isn't capable yet on him being able to win a playoff game or carry the team after 3 1/2 games. That's my biggest gripe is that people are just worrying too much too soon.

vCash
    Smith has hit his ceiling, no one is arguing that. But Alex's ceiling was good enough to get us to the Superbowl last year
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Smith has hit his ceiling, no one is arguing that. But Alex's ceiling was good enough to get us to the Superbowl last year
    Agree, I just don't know about this year. In the playoffs we'll potentially have to put up alot of points back to back (Atlanta, GB, Wash, NYG) to get there, and I just don't trust that he has THAT much in him, I'm not sold on Kap yet either, won't know till we get there, but I know how I feel about Smith.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Agree, I just don't know about this year. In the playoffs we'll potentially have to put up alot of points back to back (Atlanta, GB, Wash, NYG) to get there, and I just don't trust that he has THAT much in him, I'm not sold on Kap yet either, won't know till we get there, but I know how I feel about Smith.
    I can respect that.
    "All we care about are wins, stats are for losers" - Justin Smith
    "We're the San Francisco 49ers. We can do whatever we want" - Jim Harbaugh

Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 444525354