27. You may not vote on this poll
  • San Francisco 49ers

24 88.89%
  • New Orleans Saints

3 11.11%
Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Especially considering Kaep just lost to the Rams while the defense played amazing football. To only allow 6 points in 74 minutes of play, that's pretty ****ing good, and for your team not to be able to win that...inexcuseable. Makes you scratch your head and think..."Hmm, if Kaep is so much better than Alex, how come Alex would have won that game?"
    We don't know that. You cannot take the game that was played and just insert Smith and say "This is how it would go". Him being in would affect every drive of that game differently, leading to a whole different result, potentially worse or better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    I'm not all "Ninerhomer" with Alex. I really like Alex. I've never said he sucked, nor will I. I've always said that Alex Smith is a good, but not great QB. I consistently said he belongs in the 3rd tier of QBs (with the Matt Schaub and Joe Flacco types). I saw some things in Kap that make me think he will be in the 1st tier of QBs, and that he might already be good enough to be in the 2nd tier of QBs. It's a small sample, but I think he has proven that he will be as good or better than Alex. Obviously Harbaugh agrees with me or Alex would still be the QB. I have no hate towards Alex at all. Anyway, I don't see how I'm being all "NinerHomer" with Alex, I have never said Alex stands in the pocket staring at wide-open WRs, but not throwing it to them.
    Please don't say things like that in this context. It implies that I have said Alex sucks...which I have not.

vCash
    Especially considering Kaep just lost to the Rams while the defense played amazing football. To only allow 6 points in 74 minutes of play, that's pretty ****ing good, and for your team not to be able to win that...inexcuseable. Makes you scratch your head and think..."Hmm, if Kaep is so much better than Alex, how come Alex would have won that game?"
    I doubt it. There were still several throws Kaepernick made that Smith would not have attempted. The safety I agree would not have happened. Smith would have just taken the sack around the 10. However, it's tough to blame a player for a botched call by the officials. In addition, Kaepernick perfectly placed what should have been the winning TD. I have yet to see Smith place a pass perfectly that was thrown to somebody other than VD. Some good throws yes. Perfect...no.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    We don't know that. You cannot take the game that was played and just insert Smith and say "This is how it would go". Him being in would affect every drive of that game differently, leading to a whole different result, potentially worse or better.
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    I doubt it. There were still several throws Kaepernick made that Smith would not have attempted. The safety I agree would not have happened. Smith would have just taken the sack around the 10. However, it's tough to blame a player for a botched call by the officials. In addition, Kaepernick perfectly placed what should have been the winning TD. I have yet to see Smith place a pass perfectly that was thrown to somebody other than VD. Some good throws yes. Perfect...no.
    We lost because of two plays. The wrongly called safety, and the horrific fumble (which I still think Jenkins was down when Ginn fell on him at the 3 yard line...bs there) I'm not saying they were all on Kaep. One the play call shouldn't have been called, period and the other was wrong. BUT...everyone says Kaep is much, much more dynamic, we should have scored more than 13 points in that game. Otherwise, that is an "Alex Smith" scored game, and minus the safety which wouldn't of happened in role reversal nor the fumble, we would have won.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    We lost because of two plays. The wrongly called safety, and the horrific fumble (which I still think Jenkins was down when Ginn fell on him at the 3 yard line...bs there) I'm not saying they were all on Kaep. One the play call shouldn't have been called, period and the other was wrong. BUT...everyone says Kaep is much, much more dynamic, we should have scored more than 13 points in that game. Otherwise, that is an "Alex Smith" scored game, and minus the safety which wouldn't of happened in role reversal nor the fumble, we would have won.
    But it goes both ways. If Delanie catches a perfectly thrown ball then nobody is even talking about the safety or the fumble. The game's over with and the Rams won, gotta move on sometime.

SF Giants, SF 49ers, Sac Kings since birth.

vCash
    Oh man and on that fumble...anybody else notice Ginn's less than pathetic attempt to recover the ball?? Good lord. Everyone knows my dis-taste for the Jenkins pick, but I'd MUUUUUUUCH rather Jenkins in at WR than Ginn. I agree that Kaepernick made a horrible decision to pitch the ball. WE can all also agree how poorly that game was coached and officiated. Basically my point is...I don't think the QB made much difference. I think they lost the game before the kickoff with a lack of respect for the opponent.

vCash
    If Delanie Walker didn't have Kwame Brown's hands, then he would've scored 20 points

vCash
    If Delanie Walker didn't have Kwame Brown's hands, then he would've scored 20 points
    If the game was officiated properly, they probably would have scored 30. 60 yds in personal fouls would def result in some more pts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 5pointer View Post
    But it goes both ways. If Delanie catches a perfectly thrown ball then nobody is even talking about the safety or the fumble. The game's over with and the Rams won, gotta move on sometime.
    Yes, I would have still remembered the fumble and the safety. Why? Because it shows that Kaep lacks it in between the ears and does not take care of the football. He has fumbled a couple times as well when being sacked. He SHOULD have 2 INT's but only has 1. He adds another dimention to the offense, and I love that. But he doesn't take care of the ball which leads to ****ing the defense over, and I hate that.

Oh gosh, please don't get me started on Walker. The guy is a ****ing waste of a roster spot
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Oh gosh, please don't get me started on Walker. The guy is a ****ing waste of a roster spot
    Agreed. The matchups he creates are pointless if he can't catch the ball. The first one I'll give him a pass on. It was actually a bad throw by Kaep and he tried to make a play. Absolutely no excuse for the second one. I would deactivate him as a message and go with Celek as #2 TE. That way they can activate James, Jenkins and Jacobs.

vCash
    Yes, I would have still remembered the fumble and the safety. Why? Because it shows that Kaep lacks it in between the ears and does not take care of the football. He has fumbled a couple times as well when being sacked. He SHOULD have 2 INT's but only has 1. He adds another dimention to the offense, and I love that. But he doesn't take care of the ball which leads to ****ing the defense over, and I hate that.
    I'm just saying you can't point out 2 plays as the reason they lost when you could easily do the same thing and say if another 2 plays happen they would have won.

I also didn't mean that if we would have won that the fumble and safety wouldn't matter, but that nobody would really be talking about them that much. I just chalk those mistakes up to Kaep's growing pains as a QB. If he continues to do stupid stuff like that then we can start talking about the fact he doesn't have what it takes between the ears to QB at this level. But for all mistakes he's made, he usually has bounced back from them and not made the same mistakes twice, so I think it's premature to say what you said in the bolded part.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    Agreed. The matchups he creates are pointless if he can't catch the ball. The first one I'll give him a pass on. It was actually a bad throw by Kaep and he tried to make a play. Absolutely no excuse for the second one. I would deactivate him as a message and go with Celek as #2 TE. That way they can activate James, Jenkins and Jacobs.
    Mhm. Walker just can't catch. I think he seriously has around 10-12 drops this year. I'm trying to find a stat, but for some ****ing reason, I can't...I bet Walker can't even hold onto his own dick when he takes a piss

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 5pointer View Post
    I'm just saying you can't point out 2 plays as the reason they lost when you could easily do the same thing and say if another 2 plays happen they would have won.

I also didn't mean that if we would have won that the fumble and safety wouldn't matter, but that nobody would really be talking about them that much. I just chalk those mistakes up to Kaep's growing pains as a QB. If he continues to do stupid stuff like that then we can start talking about the fact he doesn't have what it takes between the ears to QB at this level. But for all mistakes he's made, he usually has bounced back from them and not made the same mistakes twice, so I think it's premature to say what you said in the bolded part.
    If they don't score that touchdown off the fumble, we win the game. That easy.

And to the bolded...WE CAN NOT AFFORD TO HAVE GROWING PAINS AT OUR QB POSITION THIS LATE IN THE SEASON. That is all

vCash

And to the bolded...WE CAN NOT AFFORD TO HAVE GROWING PAINS AT OUR QB POSITION THIS LATE IN THE SEASON. That is all
    You cant afford growing pains ever in the NFL, but it has to happen sometime. What happens if it was early in the season and we end up in a 1-3 type of start? Your spending the rest of the season fighting for even a wildcard, especially with how Seattle and now StL are playing. We are in a prime spot to make the playoffs right now and can afford to stumble. You can afford risky stock gambles when you already have a hefty bank account to lean on, if you gamble at the beginning when you have nothing to fall back on you may never recover

vCash

And once again, if Delayne catches the ball we win the game. That easy.

And just like RedandGold said, it's a necessary thing right now to have these growing pains and as far as I can tell, he's growing fairly quickly in that he's not making the same mistakes twice. But like I said, it's kinda early to tell since it's only his 3rd game.

Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast