• San Francisco 49ers

24 88.89%
  • New Orleans Saints

3 11.11%
Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 34351525354 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Not at the rate he/they were playing with him at the helm
    No guarentee that continued week to week and you know that. The way the Rams were playing on defense this week I doubt we drive for a TD under Smith, and it was surprising we did with Kap either. Smith had one stellar game this year, alot of average ones and two stinkers. People need to just step back from the ledge over ONE GAME.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    No guarentee that continued week to week and you know that. The way the Rams were playing on defense this week I doubt we drive for a TD under Smith, and it was surprising we did with Kap either. Smith had one stellar game this year, alot of average ones and two stinkers. People need to just step back from the ledge over ONE GAME.
    When its been done for the past 2 seasons, yes, its as close to a guarantee there is. We wouldn't have needed a touchdown. Two field goals and we would have won. 1 stellar game? Cardinals and Bills game were both Stellar, then he had a few good games, average games, and two stinkers
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Rap, what benefit do you think Alex brings to the table that CK can't when the issue is clearly the preparation and playcalling?

vCash
    When its been done for the past 2 seasons, yes, its as close to a guarantee there is. We wouldn't have needed a touchdown. Two field goals and we would have won. 1 stellar game? Cardinals and Bills game were both Stellar, then he had a few good games, average games, and two stinkers
    barely cresting 300 yards and 3 TDs is stellar for Smith, its not stellar for almost any other starting QB. His completion % is great, but he's UNDER 200 yards a game average. There are going to be times when teams take away the running game and we are going to need ALOT of throws to win a game, and we just do not have that with Smith.

9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    Rap, what benefit do you think Alex brings to the table that CK can't when the issue is clearly the preparation and playcalling?

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Decision making. It's plain and simple. Alex has more experience, has seen WAY more in the NFL, and has proven to be a smart NFL play.

Example - Let's say that stupid pitch play was called with Alex in (BTW, it wouldn't have been... that play call was in because IMHO they are trying to show why they brought in Kaep). The ball was snapped low like it was. What do you think Alex would have done? Kept moving the play forward or check out of it and hand the ball to Frank? We all know he would have handed the ball to Frank to let Frank see what he could get.

I also think he would have adjusted the protection better, and likely would have audibled differently at the line than Kaep. I have no proof of course, nor can I say definitively that it would have been a better decision. Just my experience tells me Alex would make better decisions that Kaep.
    Last edited by bigcheeze; 12-05-2012 at 12:36 PM.
    "All we care about are wins, stats are for losers" - Justin Smith
    "We're the San Francisco 49ers. We can do whatever we want" - Jim Harbaugh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcheeze View Post
    Decision making. It's plain and simple. Alex has more experience, has seen WAY more in the NFL, and has proven to be a smart NFL play.

Example - Let's say that stupid pitch play was called with Alex in (BTW, it wouldn't have been... that play call was in because IMHO they are trying to show why they brought in Kaep). The ball was snapped low like it was. What do you think Alex would have done? Kept moving the play forward or check out of it and hand the ball to Frank? We all know he would have handed the ball to Frank to let Frank see what he could get.

I also think he would have adjusted the protection better, and likely would have audibled differently at the line than Kaep. I have no proof of course, nor can I say definitively that it would have been a better decision. Just my experience tells me Alex would make better decisions that Kaep.
    I don't know what Alex would have done. Alex probably would have taken a sack if I had to bet. However, is that like asking what CK would have done in the Giants game? Woudl he have throw 3 INTs?

As much as I hate admitting it, CK looks like a better QB to me.

As I keep saying, the issue doesn't appear to be Alex vs CK.... it's all on the preparation and playcalling.

vCash
    Between the ears. The fact he's been in this playcalling for two years now, and wins with it. To say all of a sudden we wouldn't win with him is just ridiculous. It's not speculation for a guy to go 19-5 and expect him to keep winning playing the same way he's been playing.

barely cresting 300 yards and 3 TDs is stellar for Smith, its not stellar for almost any other starting QB. His completion % is great, but he's UNDER 200 yards a game average. There are going to be times when teams take away the running game and we are going to need ALOT of throws to win a game, and we just do not have that with Smith.
    18 24 303 75.0 12.63 53 3 0 99.2 156.3

Um...that's not a stellar game?
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Between the ears. The fact he's been in this playcalling for two years now, and wins with it. To say all of a sudden we wouldn't win with him is just ridiculous. It's not speculation for a guy to go 19-5 and expect him to keep winning playing the same way he's been playing.

18 24 303 75.0 12.63 53 3 0 99.2 156.3

Um...that's not a stellar game?
    To me? No. Kap hasn't had any stellar games so far to be fair, but stellar games to be are 400+ and 3-4 TDs with 0-1 INTs. We don't run that type of offense, but its also not the kind of game we'd ever see from Smith if we NEEDED it either,

vCash
    I don't know what Alex would have done. Alex probably would have taken a sack if I had to bet. However, is that like asking what CK would have done in the Giants game? Woudl he have throw 3 INTs?

As much as I hate admitting it, CK looks like a better QB to me.

As I keep saying, the issue doesn't appear to be Alex vs CK.... it's all on the preparation and playcalling.
    With the way the play calling was, it very well could have been a 3 int day for Kaep. The Giants played a damn good game. But we'll never know.

vCash
    To me? No. Kap hasn't had any stellar games so far to be fair, but stellar games to be are 400+ and 3-4 TDs with 0-1 INTs. We don't run that type of offense, but its also not the kind of game we'd ever see from Smith if we NEEDED it either,
    Then yea, you're an idiot and need to stop posting until the real R&G comes back. A perfect passer rating, throwing for 300 yards, 12 yards per attempt, completely 75% of your passes....yea....ok

9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash
    To be fair, if we dominate everyone like we are supposed to, we shouldn't have to go for 400 yards on anyone. The better we play the less offensive yardage we really need. Not that we should play conservative, but there isn't a need to go for massive yardage if we start with good position and do well on drives. It's mathematics. And coming from behind means unless there was a turnover, it was on the defense.

Just saying because Kaepernick can have a stellar game without putting up fantasy numbers. And that's because we are such a complete team.

I do agree however that if we are talking about who gives us the best chance to win all around, taking everything into consideration, it's CK hands down. But if all goes well he shouldn't have to explode offensively, if everyone does there part. If he does have to showcase his skills in that way, it's because the defense or ST wasn't doing there part.
    With the way the play calling was, it very well could have been a 3 int day for Kaep. The Giants played a damn good game. But we'll never know.
    Just like we will never know if "The Phoenix" would have beat the Lams.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Then yea, you're an idiot and need to stop posting until the real R&G comes back. A perfect passer rating, throwing for 300 yards, 12 yards per attempt, completely 75% of your passes....yea....ok
    And how often does he do it? Even if its a great game, they are few and far between to where its an abberation and not what you can expect from him. Smith is not a difference maker, he is just part of the offense and if we get into a situation where we need him to carry the team, and make things happen (not just hope that they do because everything else on the team is), then we'll be screwed. Your missing my point. What Smith does works, it works well, but in the 5% of games where everything else doesn't work out just right, we lose. And those 5% type of games are going to happen most likely in the playoffs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    To be fair, if we dominate everyone like we are supposed to, we shouldn't have to go for 400 yards on anyone. The better we play the less offensive yardage we really need. Not that we should play conservative, but there isn't a need to go for massive yardage if we start with good position and do well on drives. It's mathematics. And coming from behind means unless there was a turnover, it was on the defense.

Just saying because Kaepernick can have a stellar game without putting up fantasy numbers. And that's because we are such a complete team.

I do agree however that if we are talking about who gives us the best chance to win all around, taking everything into consideration, it's CK hands down. But if all goes well he shouldn't have to explode offensively, if everyone does there part. If he does have to showcase his skills in that way, it's because the defense or ST wasn't doing there part.

Just like we will never know if "The Phoenix" would have beat the Lams.

I agree with the first half of what you said. We do not need to explode on offense. Is it nice? Yes. But if we are up 10-15 points on anyone, we pound the football. For Alex to have 300 yards passing while we have 300 yards rushing...thats phenomenal.

Just so people know how good that game against Buffalo was here ya go...

First half

Alex Smith: 12-15 237 yards 2 touchdowns with 62 yards being called back due to penalties and Kaepernick fumble away a possession as well.

So Alex could have had 299 yards in the first half of that Bills game and more points if it weren't for penalties and a turnover by Kaep.

That's an incredible game

vCash
    And how often does he do it? Even if its a great game, they are few and far between to where its an abberation and not what you can expect from him. Smith is not a difference maker, he is just part of the offense and if we get into a situation where we need him to carry the team, and make things happen (not just hope that they do because everything else on the team is), then we'll be screwed. Your missing my point. What Smith does works, it works well, but in the 5% of games where everything else doesn't work out just right, we lose. And those 5% type of games are going to happen most likely in the playoffs.
    Our QB's do not have to have great games! That's the thing! But if they have to, they can do it. Both of them. Kaep can do it through the air and on the ground. Alex can do it through the air and guess what? Through the run game as well, except through Gore. When Alex audibles to a run, guess what run play we run...the trap. Alex calls those audibles PERFECTLY and we benefit from it every single time. He knows when to call it (every single play would work for me lol). He knows when to check to Vernon Davis or Crabtree or Kyle Williams (when he was playing )...

Next year, when Colin has had a ton of time with the team, picking up chemistry and reps, I want him to start. He has more upside. But as of right now, this week going into the next, Alex is the better/safer bet. Playing Kaep is a high risk/high reward. All it takes is for one of Kaeps growing pains and we could beat ourselves. Alex does not do that. He is a low risk/high reward player right now. Why? Because we can win the Superbowl with him. We are a complete team. Why is he low risk? Because 1. He plays smart. 2. We've already proven with him at the helm, the way he plays, the way the games are called, we can win with him.

Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 34351525354 LastLast