27. You may not vote on this poll
  • San Francisco 49ers

24 88.89%
  • New Orleans Saints

3 11.11%
Page 52 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Especially considering Kaep just lost to the Rams while the defense played amazing football. To only allow 6 points in 74 minutes of play, that's pretty ****ing good, and for your team not to be able to win that...inexcuseable. Makes you scratch your head and think..."Hmm, if Kaep is so much better than Alex, how come Alex would have won that game?"
    Rap, you know our QBs are being limited by the play calling. It's really not about is CK > AS or AS > CK. We have to fix the play calling.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    Oh man and on that fumble...anybody else notice Ginn's less than pathetic attempt to recover the ball?? Good lord. Everyone knows my dis-taste for the Jenkins pick, but I'd MUUUUUUUCH rather Jenkins in at WR than Ginn. I agree that Kaepernick made a horrible decision to pitch the ball. WE can all also agree how poorly that game was coached and officiated. Basically my point is...I don't think the QB made much difference. I think they lost the game before the kickoff with a lack of respect for the opponent.
    If you look, the ball does a funny bounce towards the sideline when Ginn gets close to it.

Totally agree the blame goes to the coaches for the loss.

vCash
    Yes, I would have still remembered the fumble and the safety. Why? Because it shows that Kaep lacks it in between the ears and does not take care of the football. He has fumbled a couple times as well when being sacked. He SHOULD have 2 INT's but only has 1. He adds another dimention to the offense, and I love that. But he doesn't take care of the ball which leads to ****ing the defense over, and I hate that.
    Fine CK had a bad game. What did Alex do exactly against the Giants? With some of the throws Alex made in that game, you can make a pretty good argument that Alex is lacking b/t the ears also. QBs are going to have bad games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    You cant afford growing pains ever in the NFL, but it has to happen sometime. What happens if it was early in the season and we end up in a 1-3 type of start? Your spending the rest of the season fighting for even a wildcard, especially with how Seattle and now StL are playing. We are in a prime spot to make the playoffs right now and can afford to stumble. You can afford risky stock gambles when you already have a hefty bank account to lean on, if you gamble at the beginning when you have nothing to fall back on you may never recover
    You can come back if its early in the season. And if we start 1-3, with this team, then perhaps Kaep isn't our guy. We have 2 tough games left with NE and Seattle, with a good chance of us losing both, especially with a Qb going through "growing pains." If we finish the season 2-2 and limp into the playoffs at 10-5-1, thats just not acceptable. We went from being a favorite, to having a first round bye, to a team fighting with someone in our own division for the the division title. We are a game and a half up on the Hawks, if we finish 2-2 and the Hawks finish undefeated (which is very possible having 3 home games and an away game against Buffalo) we then forfeit our home field to the Seahawks and we become the wild card team. We then either travel to New York or to Seattle. Not good for us

Alex has gone into Seattle and has won. We don't need a big offensive game against the Hawks. It's always been close fought battles and usually the team who takes care of the ball wins. We don't need Kaep's "extra ability" we need someone to take care of the ball. We can't afford growing pains right now. We have a team that can win THIS YEAR with Alex as the Qb. He did every thing for us to win games. Had 1 pretty bad game, I will say that. And the blame goes to him on that game as well. But other than that, he has played well enough for us to win every game. (Vikings game was a little bit of a different game coaching wise and defense wise)

Packers-Lions-Seahawks all close games, Alex played some damn good ball in, and we won those games, with him taking care of the ball. We piss pounded the bad teams we played as well. Bills-Jets-Cardinals. Bottom line is, Alex took care of the ball in the close games, and not giving the opposing team another offensive chance, won us the game. We KNOW we will get that from Smith because it's what we've got from him the past 2 seasons. With Kaep we get an electric player who can make a huge play, but as we saw in this last game, he also has the chance of making the huge mistake. Alex can make big plays, while the Saints game is a outdated reference, he's still has the ability to do that, but he won't make the huge mistake either.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pointer View Post
    And once again, if Delayne catches the ball we win the game. That easy.

And just like RedandGold said, it's a necessary thing right now to have these growing pains and as far as I can tell, he's growing fairly quickly in that he's not making the same mistakes twice. But like I said, it's kinda early to tell since it's only his 3rd game.
    If Delanie catches half of Alex's passes, Alex looks better as well and has a perfect 19-19 game. Delanie ALWAYS drops passes...****ing idiot. That guy pisses me off.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    If Delanie catches half of Alex's passes, Alex looks better as well and has a perfect 19-19 game. Delanie ALWAYS drops passes...****ing idiot. That guy pisses me off.
    lol He does drop a lot of balls, but I still like him.

vCash
    You can come back if its early in the season. And if we start 1-3, with this team, then perhaps Kaep isn't our guy. We have 2 tough games left with NE and Seattle, with a good chance of us losing both, especially with a Qb going through "growing pains." If we finish the season 2-2 and limp into the playoffs at 10-5-1, thats just not acceptable. We went from being a favorite, to having a first round bye, to a team fighting with someone in our own division for the the division title. We are a game and a half up on the Hawks, if we finish 2-2 and the Hawks finish undefeated (which is very possible having 3 home games and an away game against Buffalo) we then forfeit our home field to the Seahawks and we become the wild card team. We then either travel to New York or to Seattle. Not good for us

Alex has gone into Seattle and has won. We don't need a big offensive game against the Hawks. It's always been close fought battles and usually the team who takes care of the ball wins. We don't need Kaep's "extra ability" we need someone to take care of the ball. We can't afford growing pains right now. We have a team that can win THIS YEAR with Alex as the Qb. He did every thing for us to win games. Had 1 pretty bad game, I will say that. And the blame goes to him on that game as well. But other than that, he has played well enough for us to win every game. (Vikings game was a little bit of a different game coaching wise and defense wise)

Packers-Lions-Seahawks all close games, Alex played some damn good ball in, and we won those games, with him taking care of the ball. We piss pounded the bad teams we played as well. Bills-Jets-Cardinals. Bottom line is, Alex took care of the ball in the close games, and not giving the opposing team another offensive chance, won us the game. We KNOW we will get that from Smith because it's what we've got from him the past 2 seasons. With Kaep we get an electric player who can make a huge play, but as we saw in this last game, he also has the chance of making the huge mistake. Alex can make big plays, while the Saints game is a outdated reference, he's still has the ability to do that, but he won't make the huge mistake either.

Well not knowing the NFL schedule, if we're a division winner it's still possible no matter which QB is at the helm, we'd have a tough schedule. We can't just assume that Kap will continue to make mistakes considering it was just one game. If we can look past Smith's one bad game then why can't we in this instance? The big thing with Smith is, if we play a team that can slow down the running game, he struggles, sure he won't give it away, but he doesn't do much with it either. We can't just assume to roll on every game being able to run for 200 yards and playing shut out defense, its not going to happen, especially the playoffs. This is why I'm behind the move for Kap. We can't assume Ws and Ls for us or any team beyond what the records are now and as of now we're still the 2 seed. We have the coaching staff to prevent games like this weeks from happening again (as you said to someone else, how many times have we lost back to back?). Just looking at the teams we could potentially play in the playoffs, most have the ability to take the run game away so we're going to need someone who can create offense, not just be efficient.

vCash
    Well not knowing the NFL schedule, if we're a division winner it's still possible no matter which QB is at the helm, we'd have a tough schedule. We can't just assume that Kap will continue to make mistakes considering it was just one game. If we can look past Smith's one bad game then why can't we in this instance? The big thing with Smith is, if we play a team that can slow down the running game, he struggles, sure he won't give it away, but he doesn't do much with it either. We can't just assume to roll on every game being able to run for 200 yards and playing shut out defense, its not going to happen, especially the playoffs. This is why I'm behind the move for Kap. We can't assume Ws and Ls for us or any team beyond what the records are now and as of now we're still the 2 seed. We have the coaching staff to prevent games like this weeks from happening again (as you said to someone else, how many times have we lost back to back?). Just looking at the teams we could potentially play in the playoffs, most have the ability to take the run game away so we're going to need someone who can create offense, not just be efficient.
    Kaep has made mistakes in every game but the Bears one. First time against the Rams, sacked 3 times with 2 fumbles in that one, threw a bad pass for a pick and threw an even worse one that should have been picked against the Saints, and made 2 bonehead plays again against the Rams...that's a lot of bone head heads in 3 games
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    If you look, the ball does a funny bounce towards the sideline when Ginn gets close to it.

Totally agree the blame goes to the coaches for the loss.
    I didn't see it as a funny bounce. It looked to me like he was expecting what I call a "candy hop". Meaning all he has to do is reach a little for it and it jumps into his hands. Happens sometimes with a football obviously because it's shaped wierd, but #1 priority for him needed to be maintain possession. He should have dove for the ball with the worst case being he knocked it out of bounds.

vCash
    Kaep has made mistakes in every game but the Bears one. First time against the Rams, sacked 3 times with 2 fumbles in that one, threw a bad pass for a pick and threw an even worse one that should have been picked against the Saints, and made 2 bonehead plays again against the Rams...that's a lot of bone head heads in 3 games
    And I agree, but look at the progression of the mistakes. After the first Rams game, hasn't fumbled from a sack and is avoiding pressure better, since the NO game no INTs, after the 2nd Rams game he won't be making those mistakes again either. The Rams game was about more than what Kap did, and if we're coming away 2-1-1 from Kaps "growing pains" that works for me. And don't say "Well with Smith we would be whatever record", don't know that.

vCash
    And I agree, but look at the progression of the mistakes. After the first Rams game, hasn't fumbled from a sack and is avoiding pressure better, since the NO game no INTs, after the 2nd Rams game he won't be making those mistakes again either. The Rams game was about more than what Kap did, and if we're coming away 2-1-1 from Kaps "growing pains" that works for me. And don't say "Well with Smith we would be whatever record", don't know that.
    Yes, and this would have been fine next year. Not this late in the year when we are going to the playoffs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    I didn't see it as a funny bounce. It looked to me like he was expecting what I call a "candy hop". Meaning all he has to do is reach a little for it and it jumps into his hands. Happens sometimes with a football obviously because it's shaped wierd, but #1 priority for him needed to be maintain possession. He should have dove for the ball with the worst case being he knocked it out of bounds.
    It definitely looked like he was waiting for it to jump up into his hands, but the ball did look like it was heading towards the endzone and then at the last second started bouncing sideways towards the sideline.

vCash
    Yes, and this would have been fine next year. Not this late in the year when we are going to the playoffs
    This whole sky is falling scenario where we end up a wildcard/not make the playoffs could happen under Smith just as easily. Seattle could win out, and Smith could have just as bad a game against Miami, NE and Seattle at home as Kap would. The future is now, we can't go back, just roll with it. Boo hoo, we may have win on the road, big freakin deal, the Giants and Steelers did it.

vCash
    This whole sky is falling scenario where we end up a wildcard/not make the playoffs could happen under Smith just as easily. Seattle could win out, and Smith could have just as bad a game against Miami, NE and Seattle at home as Kap would. The future is now, we can't go back, just roll with it. Boo hoo, we may have win on the road, big freakin deal, the Giants and Steelers did it.
    Not at the rate he/they were playing with him at the helm

vCash
    Cool, VETERAN TEAMS did it. Not 2nd year Qb's. Bring the logical R&G back, this one is an idiot

vCash
    Cool, VETERAN TEAMS did it. Not 2nd year Qb's. Bring the logical R&G back, this one is an idiot
    I believe Big Ben won a SB as a 2nd year QB didn't he? And weren't they the 6th seed that year? Just because our QB is a 2nd year player doesn't mean our whole team is. You are panicking over a whole season based off of ONE GAME. Kap was very good in his first two 1/2 games, sure the defense helped out, but you can point to alot of Smith wins and say the same thing.