Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

What is more important for a QB, completion % or ball security?

What is more important for a QB, completion % or ball security? Assuming 2 QBs are similar but the stats that differentiate the 2 and stand out are completion % or ball security, one has a 63% completion rate yet throws about a pick a game, 16 INTs per season, the other has a completion rate of 56% but throws about 8 INTs a season, who is the more competent QB?

BTW, that difference is about 30 more completions.

In a similar 3000 yard, 28 TD on 450 attempts, they would have a similar passer rating 88/89.

Who do you want to QB your team and why?
    Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

vCash
    give me few turnovers eveyr time
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Completion percentage over turnovers anyday. Turnovers hurt a team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    What is more important for a QB, completion % or ball security? Assuming 2 QBs are similar but the stats that differentiate the 2 and stand out are completion % or ball security, one has a 63% completion rate yet throws about a pick a game, 16 INTs per season, the other has a completion rate of 56% but throws about 8 INTs a season, who is the more competent QB?

BTW, that difference is about 30 more completions.

In a similar 3000 yard, 28 TD on 450 attempts, they would have a similar passer rating 88/89.

Who do you want to QB your team and why?
    Well if they have the same yardage on the same attempts the ball security guy is going to have crazy Y/PA #'s so give me him

vCash
    neither are important

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    neither are important
    really?

what do you look for when evaluating QB play?

BTW, completion % is the first stat that I sort/use when determining who is getting it done. The second thing I look at is how many INTs the guy throws.

vCash
    Depends on how conservative you are being while maintaining a high completion percentage. If you can keep slinging it while keeping a high completion percentage and not turning it over, it would be ideal.

This is a good question for Alex Smith.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    really?

BTW, completion % is the first stat that I sort/use when determining who is getting it done. The second thing I look at is how many INTs the guy throws.
    I think he might be upset because his QB commits a lot of turnover and doens't have a good career comp%

YPA would be a vital part of this to me but since you said yards and everything it seems that's similar.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    I think he might be upset because his QB commits a lot of turnover and doens't have a good career comp%

YPA would be a vital part of this to me but since you said yards and everything it seems that's similar.
    Yea, it is hard to create some simple difference to make a determination like this, that is why I provided limited info. Pretty much just passer rating data points.

vCash
    Yea, it is hard to create some simple difference to make a determination like this, that is why I provided limited info. Pretty much just passer rating data points.
    I don't know I guess subroc. It seems easy to say I want less turnovers but Brett Favre made a career throwing a lot of them. Eli and Brees have had years throwing a lot.

It's hard to answer.

vCash
    The more risks you take the more prone you are to turning it over eventually. Favre gets laughed at for all the picks he threw but he was successful despite them because he took risks.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    I don't know I guess subroc. It seems easy to say I want less turnovers but Brett Favre made a career throwing a lot of them. Eli and Brees have had years throwing a lot.

It's hard to answer.
    True enough. One thing a QB has to be is courageous. He has to take risks to be successful. Courageous QBs throw INTs. Then again, there is a fine line between having courage and being foolish as it relates to QB play!

vCash
    Ball security, completion percentage doesn't really exist without it.

vCash
    Ball security, please.

vCash
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98
    neither are important

really?

It's a joke genius.

No worries, my illiterate stalker doesn't realize it either.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast