Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Spurs in process of calling James Anderson-Interested in Pietrus

Anderson makes sense cause he knows the system. Pietrus asking for more than minimum makes me think that won't happen.

Marc Stein
    @ESPNSteinLine
    With Kawhi Leonard & Stephen Jackson ailing, Spurs in process of calling up Spurs alumnus James Anderson from D-League's Rio Grande Vipers

Marc Stein
    @ESPNSteinLine
    Hearing Spurs do have interest in Mickael Pietrus -- natural w/2 other Frenchmen on roster -- but Pietrus still seeks more than NBA minimum

http://www.projectspurs.com/2012-art...n-pietrus.html

vCash
    well i know where your getting this from
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzbolt View Post
    Kawhi is nothing but a average player on a good system.

vCash
    Damn KD, you beat me too it.

I'd say why not go after Anderson, he knows the system well enough and im guessing he's the best bet out there right now.

I'm a huge Mikale Pietrus fan but not sure what he would be looking for.

By the way, who do you guys think will get the start for the upcoming game at the 3 spot? Danny Green?

'Coach, we've got an issue with Kawhi in the arena. Event management called and the lights are not on, and Kawhi's in the arena for two straight days at 6:30 in the morning. And he brought two lamps from home, and he put them up in the arena and shot.'

^

(During NBA lockout)

"No flash, No gimmicks. It's the quiet guys you should fear."

vCash
    Marc Stein: Spurs currently $1,149,135 below NBA's luxury-tax line, enough to offer pro-rated minimum deal and stay under. Pietrus holding out for more.
    http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/san_antonio_spurs

'Coach, we've got an issue with Kawhi in the arena. Event management called and the lights are not on, and Kawhi's in the arena for two straight days at 6:30 in the morning. And he brought two lamps from home, and he put them up in the arena and shot.'

^

(During NBA lockout)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nate30 View Post
    well i know where your getting this from
    Twitter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexTmz2 View Post
    Damn KD, you beat me too it.

I'd say why not go after Anderson, he knows the system well enough and im guessing he's the best bet out there right now.

I'm a huge Mikale Pietrus fan but not sure what he would be looking for.

By the way, who do you guys think will get the start for the upcoming game at the 3 spot? Danny Green?
    It's all good! You've gotten stuff in here before me. Nice that this forum has some consistent activity now!

We've got some winnable games on this road trip. I think the best thing to do without depleting our bench activity is to go with Green at the 3 and Neal at the 2.

Based on Pop calling out the team, I actually think Boston is a winnable game, although they're coming off an embarrassing loss too so who knows. If we can go 4-2 I'd consider it a success.

vsCeltics
    vsPacers
    vsRaptors
    vsWizards
    vsMagic
    vsHeat

Kawhi should hopefully be back for Memphis which is our game right after Miami. We definitely need someone then, because we're going to get killed on the boards, and that's just another area where Kawhi/Jack would help in addition to their defense.

And my thing with Pietrus is that would put us in a log-jam at the 3 spot. What happens what Jack/Kawhi are back? At least with Anderson they can probably send him back down to the d-league.

vCash
    I say we go Anderson i just have some funny feeling that hes going to go off. and i think well see Neal-Green starting

vCash
    Yeah, that's what I also had in mind. Neal at the 2 and Green at the 3. Hopefully its not too long before the Spurs try and snatch someone up to fill that 3 spot.

So how would this work, if the Spurs sign Pietrus would it be for the remainder of the season/post season? And what about Anderson, what happens if he signs?

^

(During NBA lockout)

vCash
    My guess is if we sign Pietrus hes here to stay in the french frat. and we see a trade before the deadline dealing a gaurd or 2, and one or 2 Splitter/Bonner/Blair, and maybe Sjax for a good big.

If its Anderson hes likely gone by the end of 2012 unless he impresses

vCash
    My guess is if we sign Pietrus hes here to stay in the french frat. and we see a trade before the deadline dealing a gaurd or 2, and one or 2 Splitter/Bonner/Blair, and maybe Sjax for a good big.

If its Anderson hes likely gone by the end of 2012 unless he impresses
    Most likely.. I don't think Pietrus is an option, he wants more than we have. The guy with no team wants more money, go figure.

It's looking more and more like it's going to be JA coming in. So should be a temporary move.

And I'm hoping we don't have to move Jack. I know he's a nice trade chip, but the guy brings some much to this team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post
    Most likely.. I don't think Pietrus is an option, he wants more than we have. The guy with no team wants more money, go figure.

It's looking more and more like it's going to be JA coming in. So should be a temporary move.

And I'm hoping we don't have to move Jack. I know he's a nice trade chip, but the guy brings some much to this team.
    Yeah. the frenchies would have to convince him to sign.

and agreed on the last 2 points

vCash
    James Anderson reportedly returning to Spurs
    By J.R. Wilco

Former Big12 player of the year, James Anderson, looks to be coming back to the Alamo City in the wake of injuries to every legit SF on the Spurs.

James Anderson, (AKA: &erson, Ampersanderson, Crooked Pinkies, and The Ampersand) appears to be on his way back to San Antonio.

Marc Stein
    With Kawhi Leonard & Stephen Jackson ailing, Spurs in process of calling up Spurs alumnus James Anderson from D-League's Rio Grande Vipers.
    After injuries to Kawhi Leonard and Stephen Jackson have decimated the Spurs' corps of small forwards, it was only natural to expect them to make a move today. Anderson tried to catch on with the Hawks during training camp, but was one of the last cuts before the beginning of the season, then to the Bakersfield Jam, and now with the Vipers in Rio Grande Valley, it would seem that James would be more than happy to revisit the scene of his greatest only NBA successes.
    http://www.poundingtherock.com/2012/...urn--spurs-nba

^

(During NBA lockout)

vCash
    ^ looks like its going to be Anderson with the call.

^

(During NBA lockout)

vCash
    Marc Stein reported that then said spurs were looking at Pietrus so that doesnt make much sense. Unless spurs got something planned to clear a roster spot

vCash
    Marc Stein reported that then said spurs were looking at Pietrus so that doesnt make much sense. Unless spurs got something planned to clear a roster spot
    Aren't the Spurs two under right now? Unless they called him back up, Cory Joseph is in Austin.

I'm all for bringing Anderson in as a cheap stop gap. Remember, that's how Danny Green got his chance and shined last season. May turn Anderson's career around and open up all kinds of trade opportunities for the Spurs.

Or he'll get very few minutes, struggle like he has in the past, and go back to the D-league as soon as Kawhi can play again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sssmush View Post
    no offense but the Spurs are freakin' communists bro. They should get with Stern's capitalist agenda like NOW

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast