Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 20 of 20
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Southern CAL
    Posts
    5,041
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    Why? The Jets still have about $8MM free for next year, and Scott, Pace, and Thomas are likely coming off the books.
    But we need to reisgn Revis, Landry, Keller....I wish we can keep all three but it seems unlikely. And im hoping we get rid of tebows salary but, you never know with woody Johnson being the owner.


    #Hernandezing


    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    18,785
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    But we need to reisgn Revis, Landry, Keller....I wish we can keep all three but it seems unlikely. And im hoping we get rid of tebows salary but, you never know with woody Johnson being the owner.
    Revis still has a year left on his contract, and missing this season definitely hurt his negotiating leverage. I don't think the Jets will do anything until at least mid-season, but more likely they'll franchise him and then negotiate after next season.

    Landry will get a decent contract, but he's making $3.5MM this year. I don't see him getting more than $6-$7MM next year.

    As for Keller, I'm not sure he'll be resigned. He has so much talent, but doesn't block, and seems to become invisible during the course of games.


    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Southern CAL
    Posts
    5,041
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    Revis still has a year left on his contract, and missing this season definitely hurt his negotiating leverage. I don't think the Jets will do anything until at least mid-season, but more likely they'll franchise him and then negotiate after next season.

    Landry will get a decent contract, but he's making $3.5MM this year. I don't see him getting more than $6-$7MM next year.

    As for Keller, I'm not sure he'll be resigned. He has so much talent, but doesn't block, and seems to become invisible during the course of games.
    Well let me rephrase, if we have big money I would sign a #2 but nothing crazy just so we can help Hill Develop into a legit #1


    #Hernandezing


    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,196
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    Revis still has a year left on his contract, and missing this season definitely hurt his negotiating leverage. I don't think the Jets will do anything until at least mid-season, but more likely they'll franchise him and then negotiate after next season.

    Landry will get a decent contract, but he's making $3.5MM this year. I don't see him getting more than $6-$7MM next year.

    As for Keller, I'm not sure he'll be resigned. He has so much talent, but doesn't block, and seems to become invisible during the course of games.
    You just Magooed yourself...we cannot franchise Revis as per Section 6.1 of his current contract "You cannot franchise me".

    Seriously...we cannot - With that being said, the longer he goes unsigned, the more dangerous the situation becomes.

    Once he starts sniffing FA, and being we cannot Franchise him, that means we also lose trade leverage, and would only warrant minimal trade value for a team that thinks he can push them over the top.

    So - we either sign him early, risk it, lose him in FA, or get a measly 1st for him IMO...

    Me - Sign him early, before the start of the season, to a 10 year 100M with 50 Guaranteed. Sounds easy right

    Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    18,785
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Realistik84 View Post
    You just Magooed yourself...we cannot franchise Revis as per Section 6.1 of his current contract "You cannot franchise me".

    Seriously...we cannot - With that being said, the longer he goes unsigned, the more dangerous the situation becomes.

    Once he starts sniffing FA, and being we cannot Franchise him, that means we also lose trade leverage, and would only warrant minimal trade value for a team that thinks he can push them over the top.

    So - we either sign him early, risk it, lose him in FA, or get a measly 1st for him IMO...

    Me - Sign him early, before the start of the season, to a 10 year 100M with 50 Guaranteed. Sounds easy right
    Tanny had his fingers crossed when he signed the contract.


    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •