• AP goes HAM

7 19.44%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 15 of 129 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebrez bears/ View Post
    Long/carimi/garza/Louis/brown

That could be a nasty line
    Brown maybe our LG. Bringing in Clady or Long is a must. Also drafting another OT is a need. More than anything change the scheme.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Good to hear I guess, but I still wanna see results. It's been 11 weeks and his playcalls are just as predictable and bland as Week 2.

At this point I wanna see significant improvement or Jeremy Bates deserves a shot.

I'll give him a little bit of credit for Lance Louis...but Webb's been a massive failure, Carimi's been very disappointing and Williams was never even given a chance. I think if Tice weren't here the FO would have been much more aggressive in going after O-line help these last few years, but instead they trusted him to turn below average talent into serviceable starters.
    Bates deserves nothing if the offense cannot turn it around. If the offense continues to be a complete embarrassment and waste of talent, then the only solution is to get rid of Lovie and the entire offensive staff. We have never had a good offense under Lovie despite having the talent being there... think there might be a reason for that?

There doesn't seem to be a point in evaluating whether an individual lineman has done a good job or not in developing when the problem has persistently resided in the entire offensive line as a unit. When any particular unit of players underperforms as a whole the blame has to be on the coach. We have seen our entire line fail time and time again under Tice. There have been some positives and improvements since Tice has arrived, but the OL has always been terrible in pass protection and terrible in giving up stupid penalties.

We can see the coaching failure directly when it comes to how many penalties our line gives up. There can be no explanation other than a failure in coaching when it comes to penalties, and it becomes even more obvious when you consider the problem with penalties has been consistent the past 3 years.

Tice can't coach his players to protect the QB nor is he capable of coaching the line to be composed and not kill drives with holding and false starts. The only thing Tice has done well is regarding the OL's run blocking - which has been noticeably better this year. The problem is that 2012/13 in the NFL is all about effective passing to be a successful offense, and the Bears stand no chance if the QB does not have time to throw.

Unless the OL has a miracle turnaround and suddenly seems competent in protecting the QB and not having a ridiculous amount of penalties, Tice needs to go. Upgrading Bates to OC seems like the logical next step, but you have to then consider another consistent problem - the lack of offensive effectiveness on any team Lovie has been in charge of.

I'm a huge Lovie fan but our lack of offense is always holding us back, no matter how good our defense is. We can't rely on turnovers and field position to consistently win games, we need a complete team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bears99 View Post
    Bates deserves nothing if the offense cannot turn it around. If the offense continues to be a complete embarrassment and waste of talent, then the only solution is to get rid of Lovie and the entire offensive staff. We have never had a good offense under Lovie despite having the talent being there... think there might be a reason for that?

There doesn't seem to be a point in evaluating whether an individual lineman has done a good job or not in developing when the problem has persistently resided in the entire offensive line as a unit. When any particular unit of players underperforms as a whole the blame has to be on the coach. We have seen our entire line fail time and time again under Tice. There have been some positives and improvements since Tice has arrived, but the OL has always been terrible in pass protection and terrible in giving up stupid penalties.

We can see the coaching failure directly when it comes to how many penalties our line gives up. There can be no explanation other than a failure in coaching when it comes to penalties, and it becomes even more obvious when you consider the problem with penalties has been consistent the past 3 years.

Tice can't coach his players to protect the QB nor is he capable of coaching the line to be composed and not kill drives with holding and false starts. The only thing Tice has done well is regarding the OL's run blocking - which has been noticeably better this year. The problem is that 2012/13 in the NFL is all about effective passing to be a successful offense, and the Bears stand no chance if the QB does not have time to throw.

Unless the OL has a miracle turnaround and suddenly seems competent in protecting the QB and not having a ridiculous amount of penalties, Tice needs to go. Upgrading Bates to OC seems like the logical next step, but you have to then consider another consistent problem - the lack of offensive effectiveness on any team Lovie has been in charge of.

I'm a huge Lovie fan but our lack of offense is always holding us back, no matter how good our defense is. We can't rely on turnovers and field position to consistently win games, we need a complete team.
    I agree that we need a more complete team, but if/when we make the Playoffs, I don't see how Emery could justify firing Lovie. I just don't see it happening.

vCash
    What do you guys think the answer is? Maybe there is no answer, but what improves this line? Tice made it known today that he's willing to make changes.

Who was that OT that was unheard of but everyone said had a great training camp? I think his last name is Brown. Is it at the point where we say **** Webb and try out the swing tackle on the roster or sign that Brown guy (or whatever his name is)?

vCash

vCash

You can always create a place for yourself.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    Cutler unsure on if he's playing
    i am beginning to doubt if he will play this game or not. I still trust campbell to do better than last game. Then again there is Mr. Tice and his terrible play calling
    Cubs Bulls Bears Blackhawks

vCash
    Dammit shrek got out of the basement again. Sorry guys

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shrek View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    Cutler unsure on if he's playing
    i am beginning to doubt if he will play this game or not. I still trust campbell to do better than last game. Then again there is Mr. Tice and his terrible play calling
    Cutler only needs to pass the concussion tests with an independent neurologist and he's cleared to play... He's gonna be starting

NT of the Future

vCash
    Is it Sunday yet?

vCash
    I'm gonna eat a lot of food tomorrow

What's your guys favorite turkey day food? Minus turkey that is

I love cranberries and stuffing

NT of the Future

vCash
    Good luck on Sunday, guys.

vCash
    Same to you FTW, pretty sure your guys are gonna get beat but you never know
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    Same to you FTW, pretty sure your guys are gonna get beat but you never know
    Outside of Ponder the Vikings are a playoff team. If Ponder plays well we are in trouble. Last week he showed he was at least somewhat competent and he will have had an entire 2 weeks to prepare for the Bears... this game much closer than a lot of us would like to think

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jpro611 View Post
    I'm gonna eat a lot of food tomorrow

What's your guys favorite turkey day food? Minus turkey that is

I love cranberries and stuffing
    McDonalds