Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast
Results 361 to 375 of 390
  1. #361
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Conroe, TX
    Posts
    22,134
    vCash
    2502
    Sigh.... I remember when this thread was about basketball...


    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Lakers will make the playoffs this year and my bold prediction is they finish higher than the Rockets.
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdymez View Post
    And Lebron puts up great numbers, your right. Debate over. You win. Lebron is the greatest

  2. #362
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    University Campus!
    Posts
    6,466
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Sigh.... I remember when this thread was about basketball...
    Sorry.

  3. #363
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    16,689
    vCash
    1150
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants #1 Fan View Post
    Came up with your own joke this time how nice. At least this time you didn't have to use your face!
    LOL WTF???? Seriously????

  4. #364
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    13,331
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Gram View Post
    I would post a picture of mine but people have been getting banned for that.
    I'm sure you wouldn't.


    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownBears22 View Post
    Kawhi is going to get murdered by Lebron. He is going to make a name for himself, as the guy who cost the Spurs a championship. Guy is garbage on defense.

  5. #365
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    16,689
    vCash
    1150
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    It seems like Jeremy Lin is Giants #1's uncle who diddled him a few years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants #1 Fan View Post
    Came up with your own joke this time how nice. At least this time you didn't have to use your face!
    Bump because Giants fan got butthurt and left


  6. #366
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Cinci... Jersey Raised
    Posts
    2,701
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Look at that list and you know what you'll find? That most of those teams won NBA Championships with players they drafted or acquired at a young age and then grew up together. Very rarely will you see teams pieced together like the Celtics and Heat the last few years. Building teams from the ground up allows them to gel together and gives you a much wider window of opportunity.

    (Also, your Rockets title take is ********, because the Bulls got regularly destroyed by the Rockets during the regular season and Jordan played in the 95 playoffs but was bested by the Magic, who the Rockets swept.)
    You guys need to relax a bit. Also all the people saying Jordan was there in 95 come on. A mid-season comeback not in basketball shape and rusty that half season and your trying to say the rockets would have won anyway. Its not even anti rockets to say that NO ONE was beating Jordan if he didn't retire did you people even watch back then? Stop taking everything as some personal slight against you and your team.

    If you look at that list you will find Detroit, Mavs, Lakers, Heat all acquired the majority of their team in free agency. Free agency is different nowadays and guys are approaching it differently which we have seen the past few years. Its not easy to hang on to your guys for life now. My post wasn't even a pro Knicks post and I said its more likely than not that the Heat will not be beat for years. I just said I like my team taking the chance. Also by your logic how is acquiring Harden much different than Melo other than he wasn't the star of his team before (I certainly think he can be just hadn't been proven).

    Why have Rockets fans become so confrontational and defensive. People can think the Lin move wasn't a good move and Harden was a great move. It wouldn't be the 1st time and NBA franchise was wrong about a player. The Knicks have made hundreds of bad moves.

    This forum would be a much more fun place to have discussions without people getting so defensive and just face palming, insulting others, making condescending remarks, and maybe the worst the good old "if you think that you must be stupid" this is all opinion based stuff and people like to pretend that anything you say can be factually backed up. Even when looking at statistics anyone should know that there are many confounding factors that effect outcomes and performance and must be considered along with statistics.

  7. #367
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,181
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Yea I was wrong on Asik, he can play. If his offense comes around even just a little he's a force. Which leads to another question. Why would CHI pay a soon to be 28 year old Gibson who is a mediocre starter at best, $8m+, yet pass on Asik for the same price?
    Because without Taj Gibson we have to rely on Carlos Dumb**** Boozer, without Asik we have to rely on Noah. Simple as that.
    Quote Originally Posted by SwatTeam View Post
    If Lebron can stretch out his arm from half court and dunk on a buzzer beater to beat the monSTARS and save planet Earth from annihilation and forced slavery with Bill Murray and Newman from Seinfeld as his teammates, then he will be considered the GOAT.

  8. #368
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Conroe, TX
    Posts
    22,134
    vCash
    2502
    Quote Originally Posted by NYY 26 to 7 View Post
    You guys need to relax a bit. Also all the people saying Jordan was there in 95 come on. A mid-season comeback not in basketball shape and rusty that half season and your trying to say the rockets would have won anyway. Its not even anti rockets to say that NO ONE was beating Jordan if he didn't retire did you people even watch back then? Stop taking everything as some personal slight against you and your team.
    When you deliberately rip the Rockets' two titles in your post, you're going to get hammered by Rockets fans. What did you expect? Also, I don't buy the "Bulls would have definitely beat the Rockets" argument, because the Rockets never had a chance to face them in the Finals. I legitimately think the 95 Rockets would have beaten anybody that year, MJ's Bulls included.

    If you look at that list you will find Detroit, Mavs, Lakers, Heat all acquired the majority of their team in free agency. Free agency is different nowadays and guys are approaching it differently which we have seen the past few years. Its not easy to hang on to your guys for life now.
    But you're missing a huge point of this, which is that every one of those teams drafted players which were key cogs of those franchises. Without Kobe, there is no Pau. Without Dirk, there is no Chandler. Without Wade, there is no Lebron.

    Also by your logic how is acquiring Harden much different than Melo other than he wasn't the star of his team before (I certainly think he can be just hadn't been proven).
    I never said it was substantially different. However, their ages do make it fairly different situations. The Rockets got Harden at the very beginning of his prime, while the Knicks acquired Melo smack dab in the middle of his.

    Why have Rockets fans become so confrontational and defensive.
    Because Knicks' fans have been harassing us non-stop since Houston acquired Lin and most of the harassment has been so mind-numbingly stupid, that I've lost my patience with it.

    This forum would be a much more fun place to have discussions without people getting so defensive and just face palming, insulting others, making condescending remarks, and maybe the worst the good old "if you think that you must be stupid" this is all opinion based stuff and people like to pretend that anything you say can be factually backed up.
    Except that most things in sports CAN be backed up with facts. Not 100 percent, but there is evidence for practically any sports related argument you could have with someone. If you want to say "Lin sucks," then you should be able to back that up with facts. If I want to say "Melo sucks," than I can certainly provide the numbers to argue that, as well.

    Even when looking at statistics anyone should know that there are many confounding factors that effect outcomes and performance and must be considered along with statistics.
    Duh. No one is disputing that context is required when looking at any sports related statistic. If a guy posts a 35 PER, but did that playing five minutes in a blowout loss, then that guy probably isn't worthy of his freakish PER. It's common sense, dude.


    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Lakers will make the playoffs this year and my bold prediction is they finish higher than the Rockets.
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdymez View Post
    And Lebron puts up great numbers, your right. Debate over. You win. Lebron is the greatest

  9. #369
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1
    vCash
    1500
    Trade Lin for Kobe nuff said

  10. #370
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    32,855
    vCash
    1500
    Just to set the record straight not all Knicks fans want Jeremy to do poorly. I know some seem to be against him but I like the kid and I wish him well. I think he will be a solid player. He is still young and I doubt he is 100% recovered from his knee surgery at this time. I would not be shocked to see him average around 15ppg-7apg-6rpg-2steals at some points in his career if he recovers 100% from his knee surgery. His assists will never be huge if playing with Harden because Harden has the ball in his hands a lot just like Kobe/MJ. I think J Lin is a solid rebounder as a pg. He is a much better shooter than he has shown so far. He shot much better last year and in college.

  11. #371
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    University Campus!
    Posts
    6,466
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SLY WILLIAMS View Post
    Just to set the record straight not all Knicks fans want Jeremy to do poorly. I know some seem to be against him but I like the kid and I wish him well. I think he will be a solid player. He is still young and I doubt he is 100% recovered from his knee surgery at this time. I would not be shocked to see him average around 15ppg-7apg-6rpg-2steals at some points in his career if he recovers 100% from his knee surgery. His assists will never be huge if playing with Harden because Harden has the ball in his hands a lot just like Kobe/MJ. I think J Lin is a solid rebounder as a pg. He is a much better shooter than he has shown so far. He shot much better last year and in college.
    GRAM WILLIAMS appearance ladies and gentlemen.

  12. #372
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,142
    vCash
    1500
    Something is very wrong when to be Douglas gets more minutes than lin.

  13. #373
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    501
    vCash
    1500
    Toney Douglas>>>>>Lin

  14. #374
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,265
    vCash
    1500
    Y'all racist.


    TANKRONTO TANKTORS

  15. #375
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    In the depths of the Dunabi Jungle
    Posts
    11,191
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo View Post
    Something is very wrong when to be Douglas gets more minutes than lin.
    it's called foul trouble and douglas having the hot hand. douglas out played harden tonight, it's not that hard too see why he played a lot tonight
    The Most Epic Thread EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Yea what is he thinking not wanting to drive next to or near drunk people. I have never met a more sheltered scaredy cat. As a hobby i find 10-15 homeless guys and give them lots of alcohol and play bumper cars all day but im normal.

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •