Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 106
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    232
    vCash
    1500

    Dwight Howard Trade - Draft Picks

    The last time we had complimentary pieces while we groomed a superstar it worked out pretty; see 09 finals. We brought in Turk and Lewis and Dwight was still growing. It was a solid core until Otis blew it up.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    111
    vCash
    1500
    Come on guys.
    I like JJ. His skills and his loyalty are very good but at 8 million it simply doesn`t worth it.
    Specially because the fact that he isn`t a kid anymore. Probably he won`t improve much more and this 8 millions will soon became another bad contract on this team.
    We need to trade him for good young pieces. If we can only have garbage, we could keep him into a short contract.
    Don`t be so in love with him. He is an exemple of player and has great skills but we need to think into our team first. The Magic should be our priority and the best for the team is to trade him. That`s sad but we need to.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    885
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinzler View Post
    There is no "how to" to building teams and this notion that you have to gut a team to get good is nonsense. You aren't adding a player your simply keeping him around. For instance Miami didn't ship off Haslam ore big three, Cleveland didn't ship off verajo. Most will say redick is a better player than those. I use both as an example because they are paid relatively the same but are on opposite ends of the spectrum 1 building via fa and the other primarily through the draft. I personally would much rather have a 6th man now that will be here and familiar with the system as opposed to scrambling to find one in three years when we are competing.
    First, Haslem makes 4 mill a year not 8...Second, your point of bringing in turk and lewis to surround dwight is arguing against your point..We had already drafted Dwight and Jameer two good young talents, one a superstar AND THEN brought in Lewis and Turk, both of whom were better players at that point than Reddick is now

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    61,625
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinzler View Post
    There is no "how to" to building teams and this notion that you have to gut a team to get good is nonsense. You aren't adding a player your simply keeping him around. For instance Miami didn't ship off Haslam ore big three, Cleveland didn't ship off verajo. Most will say redick is a better player than those. I use both as an example because they are paid relatively the same but are on opposite ends of the spectrum 1 building via fa and the other primarily through the draft. I personally would much rather have a 6th man now that will be here and familiar with the system as opposed to scrambling to find one in three years when we are competing.
    You are certainly right about there being no "how to". Gutting a team can work, or it could be a disaster. Continuing to spend many could work, or it could be a disaster.

    Thing is, Anderson Varejao was signed to a 6 year deal before LeBron left. Haslem doesn't make near the money Redick will get.

    We're talking about Redick hitting free agency in the midst of rebuilding...and we're talking 7-10 million a year in all likelihood. We're not going to be in a position to win any time soon.

    It has less to do with me wanting to get rid of him than it has to do with his value. He is by far our most valuable asset right now. We should cash in
    [IMG]hi[/IMG]

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    885
    vCash
    1500
    Originally Posted by Rinzler
    I like how everyone that sees the pluses in keeping JJ is slow. Hey MBS here is some simple business language for you, JJ makes more for the Orlando magic in ticket sales and merchandise than they pay him yearly. Wrap your head around that. it a business to not just a game, in rebuilding years you need a face to sell tickets and the 8 million a year to make 100 is worth way more than whatever late first rounder you could maybe fetch for him. Drop your hate boner for the guy.

    Still want to know where you got this fact and statistic......

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    232
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCkid12 View Post
    Originally Posted by Rinzler
    I like how everyone that sees the pluses in keeping JJ is slow. Hey MBS here is some simple business language for you, JJ makes more for the Orlando magic in ticket sales and merchandise than they pay him yearly. Wrap your head around that. it a business to not just a game, in rebuilding years you need a face to sell tickets and the 8 million a year to make 100 is worth way more than whatever late first rounder you could maybe fetch for him. Drop your hate boner for the guy.

    Still want to know where you got this fact and statistic......
    Clearly you can see by attending games who people are there and who fan favorites are. As for the financials that is privileged but you are more than welcome to make friends in the magic front office/accounting/ticket sales that will talk to you about such things. My guy says JJ is worth more to the franchise in sales than they pay him I take his word for it, he works the books not me.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    232
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCkid12 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinzler View Post
    There is no "how to" to building teams and this notion that you have to gut a team to get good is nonsense. You aren't adding a player your simply keeping him around. For instance Miami didn't ship off Haslam ore big three, Cleveland didn't ship off verajo. Most will say redick is a better player than those. I use both as an example because they are paid relatively the same but are on opposite ends of the spectrum 1 building via fa and the other primarily through the draft. I personally would much rather have a 6th man now that will be here and familiar with the system as opposed to scrambling to find one in three years when we are competing.
    First, Haslem makes 4 mill a year not 8...Second, your point of bringing in turk and lewis to surround dwight is arguing against your point..We had already drafted Dwight and Jameer two good young talents, one a superstar AND THEN brought in Lewis and Turk, both of whom were better players at that point than Reddick is now
    I was using JJ (6mil) as a median to those two players.

    It really isn't arguing against my point you're choosing to see it that way because god forbid you have a solid role player on the roster 2 -3 years before you can contend. It baffles me that people think we will get good value for him. If someone could post a reasonable trade offer we could debate it but the general statement has been take whatever for him. Which is nonsense.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    232
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinzler View Post
    There is no "how to" to building teams and this notion that you have to gut a team to get good is nonsense. You aren't adding a player your simply keeping him around. For instance Miami didn't ship off Haslam ore big three, Cleveland didn't ship off verajo. Most will say redick is a better player than those. I use both as an example because they are paid relatively the same but are on opposite ends of the spectrum 1 building via fa and the other primarily through the draft. I personally would much rather have a 6th man now that will be here and familiar with the system as opposed to scrambling to find one in three years when we are competing.
    You are certainly right about there being no "how to". Gutting a team can work, or it could be a disaster. Continuing to spend many could work, or it could be a disaster.

    Thing is, Anderson Varejao was signed to a 6 year deal before LeBron left. Haslem doesn't make near the money Redick will get.

    We're talking about Redick hitting free agency in the midst of rebuilding...and we're talking 7-10 million a year in all likelihood. We're not going to be in a position to win any time soon.

    It has less to do with me wanting to get rid of him than it has to do with his value. He is by far our most valuable asset right now. We should cash in
    The only way I see someone offering 7-10 million is if he has a huge year. Everyone says he's a good fit for a contender. Who has that money to pay him this offseason via trade or fa. If its on the low end as far as offers, I believe he will take a hometown discount. JJ for another 4-5 years at 5-7 million won't keep us from doing anything than what we already have planned for upcoming seasons. That's a good going rate for a 6th man

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    61,625
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinzler View Post
    The only way I see someone offering 7-10 million is if he has a huge year. Everyone says he's a good fit for a contender. Who has that money to pay him this offseason via trade or fa. If its on the low end as far as offers, I believe he will take a hometown discount. JJ for another 4-5 years at 5-7 million won't keep us from doing anything than what we already have planned for upcoming seasons. That's a good going rate for a 6th man
    I mean, he got 7 a year for this contract. He's improved since then. You do the math...
    [IMG]hi[/IMG]

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    885
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinzler View Post
    I was using JJ (6mil) as a median to those two players.

    It really isn't arguing against my point you're choosing to see it that way because god forbid you have a solid role player on the roster 2 -3 years before you can contend. It baffles me that people think we will get good value for him. If someone could post a reasonable trade offer we could debate it but the general statement has been take whatever for him. Which is nonsense.
    My stance is JJ is not worth a multi yr deal at 7-10 million so I would trade him best value , whatever that may be because it'll be better than him leaving in FA for nothing

    Clippers, pacers, and spurs are 3 winning teams who will have space this off season. All 3 can make sense. Not to mention teams on the cusp like Philly. Guys always get overpaid , see Jeremy Lin

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    All Along the Watchtower
    Posts
    4,907
    vCash
    1500
    Trade afflalo to the kings for tyreke, and redick to the wolves for derrick williams. Or better yet trade redick to the raptors for ed davis.
    Make tyreke our starting PG.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    All Along the Watchtower
    Posts
    4,907
    vCash
    1500
    We get 2 solid young players that have allstar potential. I would love to have us develop tyreke at pg, ed davis at pf and harkless at sf. Find a sg/c in the draft.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    885
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ass View Post
    Trade afflalo to the kings for tyreke, and redick to the wolves for derrick williams. Or better yet trade redick to the raptors for ed davis.
    Make tyreke our starting PG.
    Actually, williams was the first guy I thought of in a trade but I don't know how high Minnesota is on him or how quickly they will give up on a number 2 overall pick. But I agree, I'd like to make that trade.

    Affolo for tyreke is interesting... Not really a crazy trade

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    All Along the Watchtower
    Posts
    4,907
    vCash
    1500
    Ya i love the afflalo trade. Posted it in the kings forum and most of them liked it.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    61,625
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCkid12 View Post
    Actually, williams was the first guy I thought of in a trade but I don't know how high Minnesota is on him or how quickly they will give up on a number 2 overall pick. But I agree, I'd like to make that trade.

    Affolo for tyreke is interesting... Not really a crazy trade
    Williams' agent is inquiring about trades, as of today. Sounds like he might want out.


    I'm not sure Afflalo could net Evans, honestly.
    [IMG]hi[/IMG]

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •