Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinzler View Post
    I like how everyone that sees the pluses in keeping JJ is slow. Hey MBS here is some simple business language for you, JJ makes more for the Orlando magic in ticket sales and merchandise than they pay him yearly. Wrap your head around that. it a business to not just a game, in rebuilding years you need a face to sell tickets and the 8 million a year to make 100 is worth way more than whatever late first rounder you could maybe fetch for him. Drop your hate boner for the guy.
    Lmaooooooooooooo no one ever went to a game for Jj redick , I've truly seen it all. You've never seen 3 people with redick merchandise in the same place same time. Lmaoooooo this forum is at an all time low

Dude your the biggest joke. Your basketball iq is pathetic. People give opinions based on facts and statistics and you say the forum hits a low. Meanwhile your throwing out baseless statements and blatant racism but you know all. Become a season ticket holder then talk about who goes to the games for who. JJ is a clear fan favorite and anyone in the front office will tell you he is marketable to the Orlando fans and more than brings in enough money to offset his salary. I love how you won't even engage in conversation cause you know you get put in your place so you just throw out insults instead of having an intelligent conversation. Educate yourself, I've come on here for 3 months and in that time you have blatantly been derogatory, confrontational, and racist. Grow up or keep that elementary school crap to yourself, child. Then again I know this will be greeted with another insult cause apparently that is your mental capacity.

NO KOOL-AID ZONE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic - Brazil View Post
    Guys, I think that we need to trade JJ.
    He`s an exemple but we need cap space to try our shot into at least 2 star potential players which JJ will never be. He is good, I like him but he`s not our future.
    If we could add him with one or two of our first picks to grab Bledsoe, Cousins or someone like them. It worths. Even a top 15 pick (of 2013-14) would be nice.
    We need to move it on. If a good deal is placed on table for JJ, get it.
    I`m only against trading JJ for garbage.
    JJ won`t lead our team to the next level. We resigned Nelson to be a leader. We don`t need one more to teach our young team how to work hard and team mindset. We will be fine.
    Nobody is saying JJ is a superstar. But every contender has a good sixth man or deep bench. What people are getting that want to keep him think he fits that roll well. So in other words why trade a player we will need in a few years if its unnecessary and impossible to get value. And the Bledsoe talk is getting irritating I watch a fair amount of games including clippers games.and I don't see it. He's a smaller version of Jameer without the polish and leadership. A career 6pt 2ass 2TO player. Yea I know he's young and will get better but the way people are drooling is ridiculous. If the clippers thought he had the potential some people on here do why would they trade for Chris Paul. I know they can't pass on Paul but the way he's being hyped here you would think he's cp 2.0

NO KOOL-AID ZONE

vCash
    Nobody is saying JJ is a superstar. But every contender has a good sixth man or deep bench. What people are getting that want to keep him think he fits that roll well. So in other words why trade a player we will need in a few years if its unnecessary and impossible to get value. And the Bledsoe talk is getting irritating I watch a fair amount of games including clippers games.and I don't see it. He's a smaller version of Jameer without the polish and leadership. A career 6pt 2ass 2TO player. Yea I know he's young and will get better but the way people are drooling is ridiculous. If the clippers thought he had the potential some people on here do why would they trade for Chris Paul. I know they can't pass on Paul but the way he's being hyped here you would think he's cp 2.0
    I agree with you.
    I think in Bledsoe because it`s realistic. JJ won`t bring us guys like Rose, CP3 or Dwill. Jameer will only get older so I thought into some young PG with potential. It would be strange to say that JJ, Al and Davis would bring us an all star, right?
    I admit that I don`t have the knowledgement that you have in basketball. I`m brazilian, so I know how to judge soccer. But I really enjoy basketball and the Magic, so I try to think about that.
    I like JJ but I still think that he could land us a skilled young piece for the future. If we send him to a contender for a young with potential that haven`t reached his celing, it could became really interesting. Don`t you think?
    But I disagree with MBS (surprising? NOOOOO hehe). I don`t think that we need to send JJ to another team for whatever we could get. He has some value that we could use (for trading or even resigning).

vCash
    JJ may not be an All Star, but look what he is giving you since dwight left. Last night stats, 22 points, 7 assists, 5 rebounds, only 1 turnover, and the man shot better than 50% from the floor. He may not give you all those rebounds and the points may flux up and down 2-4, but those stats are from a person you need to keep. No chance that people give you equal value in return for him, cuz they know his contract is up and they will try and grab him then.

vCash
    How old is jj?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    There's a lot of talk from JJ and his wife about how he wants to stay in Orlando. I don't actually doubt that he does.

However, some team is gonna give JJ a big contract. Guarantee it. We shouldn't be investing anything more than 6 or so million a year in him, and he's gonna get more than that.

He has a lot of value this year. We'll get something decent for him. That plus not spending 7-10 million a year on him for the next 3-4 years is well worth trading him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    There's a lot of talk from JJ and his wife about how he wants to stay in Orlando. I don't actually doubt that he does.

However, some team is gonna give JJ a big contract. Guarantee it. We shouldn't be investing anything more than 6 or so million a year in him, and he's gonna get more than that.

He has a lot of value this year. We'll get something decent for him. That plus not spending 7-10 million a year on him for the next 3-4 years is well worth trading him.
    Bulls would love someone like him I'm sure. Same with the Nets. I'd do a trade along the lines of Brooks for Redick, or Shumpert, Favors/Millsap...1st round picks...We have to trade Redick at the deadline if not sooner. I love the guy, (hated him at Duke) but we have to be smart
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Hey Knicks fan here, I was wondering what Magic fans think about Vucevic? I was a big fan of his at USC and wanted the Knicks to draft him, anyway I see he is doing pretty well for you guys as a 2nd year Center and the Center you got in return for D Howard. I know many thought you guys got the raw end of the deal, but i think Vucevic can be a formidable Center in the league for years to come. As fans who get to watch every game, what are your thoughts on him?

vCash
    I personally love the guy. I think if he develops a little more (which I assume he will) he can be a very servicable center in the league. Not someone you build around, but a starter who gives you 12-8 a night.

vCash
    Agreed

vCash
    Dude your the biggest joke. Your basketball iq is pathetic. People give opinions based on facts and statistics and you say the forum hits a low. Meanwhile your throwing out baseless statements and blatant racism but you know all. Become a season ticket holder then talk about who goes to the games for who. JJ is a clear fan favorite and anyone in the front office will tell you he is marketable to the Orlando fans and more than brings in enough money to offset his salary. I love how you won't even engage in conversation cause you know you get put in your place so you just throw out insults instead of having an intelligent conversation. Educate yourself, I've come on here for 3 months and in that time you have blatantly been derogatory, confrontational, and racist. Grow up or keep that elementary school crap to yourself, child. Then again I know this will be greeted with another insult cause apparently that is your mental capacity.
    Speaking of facts and statistics ...where did you get that fact that JJ Brings in more money in revenue than he makes annually ?

Anyways JJ will never be a part of anyone's core.. And speaking about the business part of things , you don't give out contracts that are overpaid just because they want to be here or worked hard ... Even 8-10 million Is too much to pay a guy that never will take your team to the next level ..he's basically our best trading asset ...expiring contract , good scorer off the bench ..he can contribute on winning teams but of he is a part of your core or your 2nd or even 3rd scoring option odds are your team will be in the bottom 10 of the lg

vCash
    The problem is that's not how you build teams ... You don't add a complementary piece before you have players he can compliment ...even if it's 8mill a year for next 3-4 years ...that's 8 million that could be spent on a star in FA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCkid12 View Post
    The problem is that's not how you build teams ... You don't add a complementary piece before you have players he can compliment ...even if it's 8mill a year for next 3-4 years ...that's 8 million that could be spent on a star in FA
    Save your breath, they're not worth it
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCkid12 View Post
    There is no "how to" to building teams and this notion that you have to gut a team to get good is nonsense. You aren't adding a player your simply keeping him around. For instance Miami didn't ship off Haslam ore big three, Cleveland didn't ship off verajo. Most will say redick is a better player than those. I use both as an example because they are paid relatively the same but are on opposite ends of the spectrum 1 building via fa and the other primarily through the draft. I personally would much rather have a 6th man now that will be here and familiar with the system as opposed to scrambling to find one in three years when we are competing.

NO KOOL-AID ZONE

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast