Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jer3miah View Post
    I can't believe everyone on here saying we should trade JJ. He is the most hardworking and should be in this franchise for a long time. Same with Jameer, they are 2 guys that are dedicated to the team. I would much rather trade Afflalo and keep Redick. As for the core (IN MY OPINION), it would definitely have to be Redick (retire as a Magic), Vucevic, Nicholson, Nelson (retire as a Magic). Harkless is way to raw to even judge. I don't think we will know his potential until another 2 years atleast. O'quinn will be a nice keeper too. Little minutes but does what a big man should do (block some shots, get boards). One of my questions would be.....Where would Orlando be without Redick or Nelson this season? (We would have someone else leading the team with 2 assists a game that is for sure)
    I agreed with keeping Redick and Nelson. I think Redick will be one of those players if traded we look back on and say why did we get rid of him. I say if he wants 7-8 mil a season give it to him. He's worked hard for it and should be compensated accordingly.

Yeah It's a business and as business goes don't you give raises and promotions to the employee that produce and help your business grow and get rid of the ones that don't?

How would you feel to be working for a company 8 years and each year you show progression and make the business more money (He is a fan favorite) and they say hey your services are no longer needed. You would call it BS

vCash
    Redick makes 6mil a season now. $2mil more a season ain't gonna make much of a difference. You know what $2mil is??? A Quinton Richardson contract right now. So if you could get rid of Q right now for 3 or 4 more years of Redick you wouldn't do it? How about I throw in Ayon and Justin Harper (who we are almost paying a mil) would that change your mind? We all know Harrington and Turk won't be here in a year or so, thats a ton of money right there. So why now give the guy what he deserves. Same to Nelson too.

vCash
    Lmao keep redick and Nelson? Are u kids slow? First off JJ IS NOT RESIGNING HERE:Newsflash!. Nelson isn't carrying this team to the next level, even if he could? Do we have a chance at a title? No

You have to move them bc they're all we have to move with Harrington, and maybe Affalo to contender.

We have to get this roster worse bc the draft next yr will be the best since 04. Wiggins ,Randle, Harrison,Parker etc. get a clue
    Last edited by MagicBucsSox; 12-03-2012 at 06:37 PM.
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    So where did you get this news flash MagicBucs....JJ has said all along that he wants to stay in Orlando and has said he would do what it takes to stay here and possibly take less money to stay. And no one will take Nelson's contract. I have no doubt that they will stay with the Magic.

vCash
    Who cares if thy wanna stay? And Jj said WHAT EVERY DAMN PLAYER SAYS UNTIL THEY END UP FREE. Hello? Did u forget Dwight said that? Even waive his eto? You kids have no clue. And Nelson is a scrub so imagine him at 30 now. We have no use from him and he's bored that pg position to death the last 8yrs. It's been held hostage and he needs to go
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    I don't follow college ball so those names you mentioned don't mean jack to me. So I assume you are wanting us to be a crappy team and clear up cap space and rack up draft picks until the summer of 2015?

vCash
    Basically.

vCash

Dwight Howard Trade - Draft Picks

I like how everyone that sees the pluses in keeping JJ is slow. Hey MBS here is some simple business language for you, JJ makes more for the Orlando magic in ticket sales and merchandise than they pay him yearly. Wrap your head around that. it a business to not just a game, in rebuilding years you need a face to sell tickets and the 8 million a year to make 100 is worth way more than whatever late first rounder you could maybe fetch for him. Drop your hate boner for the guy.

NO KOOL-AID ZONE

vCash
    He has no hate for jj he just want Orlando to stay flexible money wise for players that can be stars in the near future...some up coming FAs maybe ... I see MBS point but I also see the other side of fans may be pist if they don't sign him ....

IMO I love jj I don't want him to go cause he is a feel good player for the fans but then I think I also don't wanna pay him ten mill a year for the next 3-5 years ... so ill be pist if we don't trade him and then just let him walk but if we trade him at deadline for a good deal ill be OK with it cause its clear if they trade him they weren't gonna spend the money in keeping him anyway and I'd rather get something then nothing

vCash

He won't be getting 10 million even JJ's head isn't that big lol. Only reason he got paid what he did last time is because the bulls tried to give him a poison pill contract thinking Orlando wouldn't match. To contradict everything JJ has said publicly like MBS does is asinine. JJ has made it perfectly clear where he wants to be and to compare his contract status to Dwight is absolutely ridiculous. Two totally different players that conduct themselves way different. I mean Dwight still doesn't know where he's going to play next year LMAO

Since people keep throwing a JJ trade out there. What's his worth? And what could we actually get for him? Me personally I think he's undervalued and that's good for us when it comes to resigning him. As far as what we could get back for him I doubt we'll get anything better than a top 15-20 pick if even a first. Which with his public stance I would much rather take a chance at resigning him than hoping to get a project player that maybe gets to JJ's level after 5 years of growth.

NO KOOL-AID ZONE

vCash
    You tank a season to get a STAR player, someone that comes once every 10 years. What guy in the next 3 years will be that star? I don't see anyone close to that Star power. We have quality players that share the ball, play the season out. Go Magic!

vCash
    Redick has to be Magic for life. JJ has the leadership qualities, no non-sense attitude, and professionalism that a rebuilding team sorely needs. He always does what is expected of him, he has a team-first attitude, and he remains one of the most consistent players in the Magic.

Let's also not forget that JJ can teach our young guys a lot about being patient and humble while continuously working on their skills, as the man used to ride the bench under SVG.

Plus, the man is still expanding his game even though he's no longer a young player. What more could you ask for in terms of veteran leadership?

If he somehow commands $10 million, which is highly doubtful, I would not be upset by one bit. A winning team isn't built from talent or coaching strategies alone. The right culture & attitude is also crucial. Just look no further than the Kings and Wizards as prime examples of teams that possess great talent, yet fail to succeed because of the lack of the right team culture. I don't want the Magic to be like them.

I'd more inclined to give up Afflalo as a trade chip.

vCash

I'm relieved that others feel the same way I do about how to build a team. ^

NO KOOL-AID ZONE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinzler View Post
    I like how everyone that sees the pluses in keeping JJ is slow. Hey MBS here is some simple business language for you, JJ makes more for the Orlando magic in ticket sales and merchandise than they pay him yearly. Wrap your head around that. it a business to not just a game, in rebuilding years you need a face to sell tickets and the 8 million a year to make 100 is worth way more than whatever late first rounder you could maybe fetch for him. Drop your hate boner for the guy.
    Lmaooooooooooooo no one ever went to a game for Jj redick , I've truly seen it all. You've never seen 3 people with redick merchandise in the same place same time. Lmaoooooo this forum is at an all time low

vCash
    Guys, I think that we need to trade JJ.
    He`s an exemple but we need cap space to try our shot into at least 2 star potential players which JJ will never be. He is good, I like him but he`s not our future.
    If we could add him with one or two of our first picks to grab Bledsoe, Cousins or someone like them. It worths. Even a top 15 pick (of 2013-14) would be nice.
    We need to move it on. If a good deal is placed on table for JJ, get it.
    I`m only against trading JJ for garbage.
    JJ won`t lead our team to the next level. We resigned Nelson to be a leader. We don`t need one more to teach our young team how to work hard and team mindset. We will be fine.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast