Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Would you trade Tom Brady for Andrew Luck

If the Pats got Andrew Luck, a first round drift pick and compensation like cash for Brady would you still trade for him? This is hard for me to answer I like Brady but he's not getting any younger. But I would have to say no I believe he and Belichick can win 2-3 more SB's. Your thoughts and I don't want to hear how stupid this thread is I'm just asking.
    20+ years from now I and others will look back @WMXXX and say remember when Brock Beat The Undertaker? More people will remember his only loss more than those 21 Straight wins.

vCash
    It made sense for what Indy did. But, the Pats are a SB contending team from now till as long as TB12 keeps up his level of play...probably till he's about 40...so to lose at least 3 solid years of SB contention wouldn't be worth it AT this time. Luck is good but so was Cam newton until coaches did film work on them. I still think luck will be a top 10 QB but, it's not worth giving up a SB window.

PSD's Aaron Dropson.
    Honorary packers fan

vCash

Hellllllllllllllll NO!

vCash
    Yes. Luck is the real deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonSports96 View Post

Hellllllllllllllll NO!
    I agree I wouldn't do it either. Question was asked on TV today, that's why I asked.
    20+ years from now I and others will look back @WMXXX and say remember when Brock Beat The Undertaker? More people will remember his only loss more than those 21 Straight wins.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Yes. Luck is the real deal.
    Maybe in the next 5 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    Maybe in the next 5 years.
    It won't take 5 years. I think Luck can be a top tier QB for a decade plus. Brady's probably got 3-5 years AT MOST of top tier play (and I'm leaning more towards 3 than 5). It would be a downgrade for now, but if we had Luck, with the other youth on our roster, I'd say we'd be poised to be a SB contender in maybe 2 or 3 years and for another decade from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    It won't take 5 years. I think Luck can be a top tier QB for a decade plus. Brady's probably got 3-5 years AT MOST of top tier play (and I'm leaning more towards 3 than 5). It would be a downgrade for now, but if we had Luck, with the other youth on our roster, I'd say we'd be poised to be a SB contender in maybe 2 or 3 years and for another decade from there.
    I agree I see Brady playing until he's 42 or 43. But another question is what about Mallet? We have yet to see him start a PO game so how would he play if Brady were to retire next season? And we needed him to start a season? I think Luck is a great QB for a Rookie and is expect to pass Cam Newtons rookie season passing record but I just don't see him being an elite QB anytime soon.

vCash

Would you trade Tom Brady for Andrew Luck

Yep. In a heart beat. No brainer. How many more years does Brady have? Come on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tragedy View Post
    Yep. In a heart beat. No brainer. How many more years does Brady have? Come on.
    Its really hard knowing who's being serious and who's being sarcastic.

vCash
    It would be too high risk despite the potentially high reward. If Brady starts to fade in the next year or two and Luck goes on to have a 15 year HOF career, it's high reward. If Brady stays elite into his early 40's and Luck turns out be only okay over the long haul, it isn't. The bottom line is it would be too reckless a trade to contemplate.

vCash
    I attempted this trade on Madden 13. The Colts wouldn't accept Brady and 2 first round picks for Luck. They must really love him

PSD Patriots Forum Hall Of Fame Class Of 2010

vCash
    Absolutely...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    If the Pats got Andrew Luck, a first round drift pick and compensation like cash for Brady would you still trade for him? This is hard for me to answer I like Brady but he's not getting any younger. But I would have to say no I believe he and Belichick can win 2-3 more SB's. Your thoughts and I don't want to hear how stupid this thread is I'm just asking.
    Andrew Luck is the most valuable player in NFL from a GM ownership perspective. He is in the first year of a four-year rookie contract and is widely considered to be the best QB prospect since Peyton Manning. More importantly, he has exceeded expectations and has led a crappy team to a 6-3 record.

There is zero chance that the Colts would take Brady for Luck. I don't even think they would do it if the Patriots offered Brady, Gronk, Chandler Jones and a couple first round draft picks. Brady is elite right now while Luck isn't. But Luck is ascending and will very likely be a franchise QB for the next 12 plus years. Brady has maybe 3 (?) good years left in him.

If you are a Colts GM, how do you give up a player who could very well be the best player in the NFL over the next decade plus?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolollort View Post
    It made sense for what Indy did. But, the Pats are a SB contending team from now till as long as TB12 keeps up his level of play...probably till he's about 40...so to lose at least 3 solid years of SB contention wouldn't be worth it AT this time. Luck is good but so was Cam newton until coaches did film work on them. I still think luck will be a top 10 QB but, it's not worth giving up a SB window.
    Anyone that thinks Brady is as good today as when he's 40 is taking a full dose load of laughing gas.

Brady has at most 1.5 years at the level he is at. Do the trade all day, every day.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast