Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 574
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Marble, Minnesota, United States
    Posts
    2,129
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    Jarius Wright, he's the rookie who did this on our opening drive against the Lions


    That was his first real NFL experience though, since we've been sitting him all year after he was hurt late in the pre-season and apparently struggled to learn the play-book. He's not going to be the same kind of go-to-guy that Harvin was, but he has his strengths and possibly might be an even better outside WR than Harvin (since that's usually where they played him in college) think of him as an inexperienced cross between Harvin and Johnny Knox (who I hope to see back for you guys next year, I think he's still under contract with one more in Chicago).
    Johnny Knox torches us every time he plays us,,its like we forget he has had huge games against us every time we play him.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ridgecrest,Ca
    Posts
    4,316
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    Jarius Wright, he's the rookie who did this on our opening drive against the Lions


    That was his first real NFL experience though, since we've been sitting him all year after he was hurt late in the pre-season and apparently struggled to learn the play-book. He's not going to be the same kind of go-to-guy that Harvin was, but he has his strengths and possibly might be an even better outside WR than Harvin (since that's usually where they played him in college) think of him as an inexperienced cross between Harvin and Johnny Knox (who I hope to see back for you guys next year, I think he's still under contract with one more in Chicago).

    I hope for your guys' sake he is better than Johnny Knox. Knox has such inconsistent hands and gives up on routes to easy.

    I think this game is going to much closer than most people think.

    Also, is Jerome Simpson finally stepping up and playing a bigger role in your offense? He has so much potential if he can keep it together.
    No ideas for the moment.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, Ny
    Posts
    1,559
    vCash
    1500
    ^ This seasons Minnesota Vikings Secondary would like to introduce to the Bears... Harrison Smiiiiith!!!

    I know our guys arent the best D in the league, but they aren't the same group on the back end anymore. Ask Calvin Johnson how nice it was to meet HS =)

    I expect this game to be something like the Texans - Bears game... they have been softening up the field ever since that game to slow down the surface for AP. A couple of their players were told to shut up about the field conditions after the Hou game, bc they "didn't know all the factors going into the grounds keeping". Soldier field has that funny tendency to look like a driving range when teams with explosive players come to town (AP, A. Foster, A. Johnson... etc.)

    17 - 13 Vikes



    WISH LIST:

    Win a SB before I die.


    The enemies gate is down

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ridgecrest,Ca
    Posts
    4,316
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Coenthar View Post
    Johnny Knox torches us every time he plays us,,its like we forget he has had huge games against us every time we play him.
    Don't let his good games against you guys fool you, he has been very inconsistent and caused many interceptions over the years through his willingness to give up on routes and not fight for balls, also was a main reason why Cutler broke his thumb last year...
    No ideas for the moment.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ridgecrest,Ca
    Posts
    4,316
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by wrizzo View Post
    ^ This seasons Minnesota Vikings Secondary would like to introduce to the Bears... Harrison Smiiiiith!!!

    I know our guys arent the best D in the league, but they aren't the same group on the back end anymore. Ask Calvin Johnson how nice it was to meet HS =)

    I expect this game to be something like the Texans - Bears game... they have been softening up the field ever since that game to slow down the surface for AP. A couple of their players were told to shut up about the field conditions after the Hou game, bc they "didn't know all the factors going into the grounds keeping". Soldier field has that funny tendency to look like a driving range when teams with explosive players come to town (AP, A. Foster, A. Johnson... etc.)

    17 - 13 Vikes
    Most Bears fans are very familiar with Smitj, we were really hoping to get him, obviously didn't happen, but also with him being a former ND Alum, most of us have loved him coming out of the draft.

    I think this will be a close game, and very nervous to see how this defense response after what happened last week and being exposed, not to mention two new pieces on the offensive line.

    Big game for both teams, with much to gain and lose.
    No ideas for the moment.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, Ny
    Posts
    1,559
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBears1990 View Post
    I hope for your guys' sake he is better than Johnny Knox. Knox has such inconsistent hands and gives up on routes to easy.

    I think this game is going to much closer than most people think.

    Also, is Jerome Simpson finally stepping up and playing a bigger role in your offense? He has so much potential if he can keep it together.
    he has only played in 1 game, but had a big impact for sure.

    i have to say about your sig... 7-3 and... ahem... 1st place? i'll let the packers fans pick that bone... but if we beat you this week and the giants beat gb... then all 3 of us will be 7-4... but as im sure you know... the Vikings would be in 1st

    a lot of ifs in that last sentence... just having some fun. its bears week... man i hate losing to your team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



    WISH LIST:

    Win a SB before I die.


    The enemies gate is down

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ridgecrest,Ca
    Posts
    4,316
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by wrizzo View Post
    he has only played in 1 game, but had a big impact for sure.

    i have to say about your sig... 7-3 and... ahem... 1st place? i'll let the packers fans pick that bone... but if we beat you this week and the giants beat gb... then all 3 of us will be 7-4... but as im sure you know... the Vikings would be in 1st

    a lot of ifs in that last sentence... just having some fun. its bears week... man i hate losing to your team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hahaha yeah... I actually changed it recently, it had said at 7-1 because I have been so busy.

    Division games are always rough and frustrating, especially last year with the Lions and of course always the Packers.

    My confidence really lays on Jay playing at this point. If he does not, I will half heartedly watch this game tomorrow.

    We should have a good idea today if he is or not.
    No ideas for the moment.

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,547
    vCash
    1500
    yeah like i said the vikings D makes nobodies look like somebodies for one day, dane sanzenbacher if i even spelled that right, aromashadu back in 09, knox, its pathetic and i hope for a change. and i hope musgrave has a good offensive scheme tomorrow that will work, because itll be sad for having a whole week off to scheme against this team.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ridgecrest,Ca
    Posts
    4,316
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by tc80 View Post
    yeah like i said the vikings D makes nobodies look like somebodies for one day, dane sanzenbacher if i even spelled that right, aromashadu back in 09, knox, its pathetic and i hope for a change. and i hope musgrave has a good offensive scheme tomorrow that will work, because itll be sad for having a whole week off to scheme against this team.
    You guys have a much better team than the last few years, plus you have to take into account being division rivals.

    I expect Kyle Rudolph to have a big game, with our scheme and ageing LB core, we have trouble covering athletic TE's ( see J. Finley and Vernon Davis).
    No ideas for the moment.

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,574
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBears1990 View Post
    Don't let his good games against you guys fool you, he has been very inconsistent and caused many interceptions over the years through his willingness to give up on routes and not fight for balls, also was a main reason why Cutler broke his thumb last year...
    Yeah, the main reason I said Knox is because for a short guy, I think Wright (like Knox) has some use down the field, he's not just all about short-intermediate work out of the slot, even though he's filling in for Harvin. Also, mainly because we have Harvin on the roster, I don't see Wright's future being as a slot receiver. Even though he's short I think that he's (at least so far) better than anyone else we have for going deep.

    That's probably why so many people on here like Wright, other than Harvin he's about the only WR on our team who's really stepped up and made a play. Aromashodu has maybe one or two good catches this year to put us in scoring position, only really great thing Jenkins has done is to help us on that drive against the Colts to force OT (he got out of bounds to stop the clock) and Burton has that one flukey TD pass that was deflected off of Rudolph. Compared to his small body of work, Wright has out-performed all these guys in terms of what he has done only playing in one game.

    Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

    WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ridgecrest,Ca
    Posts
    4,316
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    Yeah, the main reason I said Knox is because for a short guy, I think Wright (like Knox) has some use down the field, he's not just all about short-intermediate work out of the slot, even though he's filling in for Harvin. Also, mainly because we have Harvin on the roster, I don't see Wright's future being as a slot receiver. Even though he's short I think that he's (at least so far) better than anyone else we have for going deep.

    That's probably why so many people on here like Wright, other than Harvin he's about the only WR on our team who's really stepped up and made a play. Aromashodu has maybe one or two good catches this year to put us in scoring position, only really great thing Jenkins has done is to help us on that drive against the Colts to force OT (he got out of bounds to stop the clock) and Burton has that one flukey TD pass that was deflected off of Rudolph. Compared to his small body of work, Wright has out-performed all these guys in terms of what he has done only playing in one game.
    Yeah... I hear you man.

    I really have not had much of a chance to watch Vikes games this year, slthouhh I'm one of the few football fans that will defend them being a good team.

    I realize we are division rivals, but I really don't have an issue with this team or the fans. Detroit and especially Green Bay is a different story.
    No ideas for the moment.

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,574
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBears1990 View Post
    Yeah... I hear you man.

    I really have not had much of a chance to watch Vikes games this year, slthouhh I'm one of the few football fans that will defend them being a good team.

    I realize we are division rivals, but I really don't have an issue with this team or the fans. Detroit and especially Green Bay is a different story.
    I have to say that I agree with you there. Usually Detroit is my second favorite team (Barry Sanders, the fact that they were always the underdog for so long and that Stafford has been promising and tough as nails throwing through that separated shoulder when he was a rookie) in the NFC North, but the stuff that Suh is doing is getting to be WAY too much. We get some good Lions fans in here from time to time too though.

    I don't want to get into all the reasons why I thoroughly detest the Packers but I have to say, while it looks like Detroit doesn't have a shot at the playoffs anymore, if it ever does come down to between Green Bay and you guys, in that scenario I'd much rather see the bears win the division.

    Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

    WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    2,938
    vCash
    1500
    ^agreed, ill take the bears winning it over the packers anyday....but you know much rather have the vikess winning it


    RaptorsMaple LeafssVikingsssBlue JayssInterTFC

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    UK and all over
    Posts
    716
    vCash
    1500
    Cutler IS starting, he has passed all concussion test.

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,547
    vCash
    1500
    well harvin being out sucks, and cutler being in sucks since he has our number. damn.

Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •