Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2836373839 LastLast
    vCash
    The Bears Defense is top notch. I think other then the pass that sailed on him Ponder did alright. The guy was on his *** a lot. He keeps having to flush out of the pocket because our internal lineman are garbage. Hard to step up in the pocket and make a throw when there are two D-lineman right there. He still has work to do but he wasnt the reason we lost this game.

props to VCU for the sig!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    Well you've consistently been one of the harshest critics of Ponder on here, repeatedly calling for him to be replaced. What he does in a game is a product of the team, the players around him on the offense, the game plan
    and adaptations (or lack thereof), its not all on him. Quite a bit of it is, and the man has to stand on his own too feet, he has a big share of the responsibility but sometimes that responsibility goes too far. Its easy to put it all on him but when others are consistently undermining him with their poor performance something must be said. In a lot of cases for people on here, Christian Ponder is the name and face that you associate with our failures this year he's the Vikings' fall guy. In my opinion, if we put higher stock in replacing him than we do in fixing some of the fundamental problems we have with this team, all we're doing is squandering draft picks and getting ourselves a new fall guy.

As far as a QB list goes, take a look at this thread here

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=776941

not to pump myself up but I think I covered a lot of the bases here, about the only name I left off the list was Alex Smith because at that time he was still the unquestioned starter for the 9ers.
    I have been hard on Ponder but hey im like that with life I hate to see anyone do anything scared, put your big boy pants on I say. I respect your stand on Ponder but I personally never called for him to be replaced because I see no realistic option to do so, our profiles here are public knowledge just take a look at my past post. I have said he lacks what I think a QB needs to be successful and I hope im wrong I got a lotta luv for the Vikings dating back to Rich Gannon Warren Moon days (now that was a qb) so if he plays well that would only benefit me as a fan. I have laid off the guy recently and yeah his targets let him down yesterday.

What about that Yates kid from the Texans he might add some decent competition at QB.
    Last edited by dimgim; 11-26-2012 at 09:20 AM.

vCash
    I usually blame the execution over the playcalling but putting the ball in Ponder's hands in the shotgun on 3rd and 2 and 4th and 2, when you have the best rb in the league is just insane.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natelpete View Post
    I usually blame the execution over the playcalling but putting the ball in Ponder's hands in the shotgun on 3rd and 2 and 4th and 2, when you have the best rb in the league is just insane.
    Could not of said it any better. Yeah, you may be throwing them off guard by passing, but two chances at 2 yards. AP has that all day....

vCash
    ^ I agree.
    Flash!...... Aaha!!

vCash
    Does harvin4mvp even post in here?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natelpete View Post
    That was terrible play calling there. AP was having a good day and I highly doubt we get stopped 2 times in a row going for 2 yards. At least go behind center and playaction it. Shotgun tells the Bears it's 90% pass.

created by the one and only VCU
    Adopt-A-Viking: Adam Thielen
    Receptions: 0 , Yards: 0 , TD's: 0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    Does harvin4mvp even post in here?
    I don't think so. He is probably a dupe account from someone that has been banned.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    I don't think so. He is probably a dupe account from someone that has been banned.
    We can't figure out who though....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    That was terrible play calling there. AP was having a good day and I highly doubt we get stopped 2 times in a row going for 2 yards. At least go behind center and playaction it. Shotgun tells the Bears it's 90% pass.
    I posted this while the game was going on... I almost threw a fit when we threw on third and 2. AP for carrying us for that entire drive up to that point so there was absolutely no reason to move away from him when we needed a TD most. Our defense played well in the second half and if we got the score to 28-17, we at least would have been able to put some pressure on their offense to put some more points on the board.

The second quarter just absolutely took away any chances we had of winning. We left 10 points on the board. The blocked FG and allowing the quick TD to Spaeth by not running down the clock on our possession. Walking into the locker room down 25-3 is pretty hopeless. Walking in 18-6 would have been a much better scenario.

For everyone saying the Vikings are not as good as they thought, this was a game that should have been much closer. I don't think we would have pulled off the win but we didn't lose by 18 points either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauer.400 View Post
    I posted this while the game was going on... I almost threw a fit when we threw on third and 2. AP for carrying us for that entire drive up to that point so there was absolutely no reason to move away from him when we needed a TD most. Our defense played well in the second half and if we got the score to 28-17, we at least would have been able to put some pressure on their offense to put some more points on the board.

The second quarter just absolutely took away any chances we had of winning. We left 10 points on the board. The blocked FG and allowing the quick TD to Spaeth by not running down the clock on our possession. Walking into the locker room down 25-3 is pretty hopeless. Walking in 18-6 would have been a much better scenario.

For everyone saying the Vikings are not as good as they thought, this was a game that should have been much closer. I don't think we would have pulled off the win but we didn't lose by 18 points either.
    I was just mind boggled with how we ran that series. It obviously showed why we have won only 1 game on the road. We just don't play good. I think we'll play them much better in 2 weeks.

created by the one and only VCU
    Adopt-A-Viking: Adam Thielen
    Receptions: 0 , Yards: 0 , TD's: 0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    I was just mind boggled with how we ran that series. It obviously showed why we have won only 1 game on the road. We just don't play good. I think we'll play them much better in 2 weeks.
    This is not the first time Musgrave has called to air it out with plenty of time left in the half though either. We had 3 timeouts remaining and with AP you never know when he is going to break into the secondary. With what we have at WR I strongly believe there is a better chance AP is going to run for a 70yd TD than we are going to burn the defense with Simpson. There has to be a mix to keep the defense honest. The old saying is that your running game is your best defense and that was forgotten.

vCash
    http://www.dailynorseman.com/2012/11...nce-is-anymore

Why are these referees still employed?

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Q: When Brandon Fusco struggles, what do you notice is wrong with him?

A: More the footwork and sometimes getting top-heavy, leaning a little bit too much one way or another and just losing some of his fundamentals as an offensive guard, some things that, technically, he’ll get off on at times and then it creates problems for our offense, whether it’s the run game or the pass game. When he’s on, he’s a very good player but there are moments where he is just a little off from a fundamental standpoint.

Here is what pisses me off about the reporters we have in Minn asking questions about the obvious. We all know or most of us do realize where our weakest spots are with the team, but out of all the questions asked only one question about our line and it was about Fussco and it was so lame as far as the answer and the question.
    I mean com'on man!!!
    how many times do teams have to attack our guards and center till this coaching staff realize there is a HUGE protection issue when it comes to Johnson, Sully and Fussco?
    new guards and a new Center has to be a priority in the offseason if we are to have a passing attack. Its worse to me than our WR problem. Kalil is such a bright spot and Loadholt has done well, but the rest just flatout stink!
    We also have a huge need of a real MLB a better OLB than Henderson, and a big need of a NT. We are a lot better than people thought, but in reality you can see the holes that can be fixed. I like what Spielman does through the draft, but his FA pickups just suck.
    I am hoping for changes in the right spots and time for the Reporters to man up and start asking the obvious question that need to be asked. The important ones with some backbone. Are they afraid they are going to hurt someones feelings?
    Flash!...... Aaha!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel0227 View Post
    Q: When Brandon Fusco struggles, what do you notice is wrong with him?

A: More the footwork and sometimes getting top-heavy, leaning a little bit too much one way or another and just losing some of his fundamentals as an offensive guard, some things that, technically, hell get off on at times and then it creates problems for our offense, whether its the run game or the pass game. When hes on, hes a very good player but there are moments where he is just a little off from a fundamental standpoint.

Here is what pisses me off about the reporters we have in Minn asking questions about the obvious. We all know or most of us do realize where our weakest spots are with the team, but out of all the questions asked only one question about our line and it was about Fussco and it was so lame as far as the answer and the question.
    I mean com'on man!!!
    how many times do teams have to attack our guards and center till this coaching staff realize there is a HUGE protection issue when it comes to Johnson, Sully and Fussco?
    new guards and a new Center has to be a priority in the offseason if we are to have a passing attack. Its worse to me than our WR problem. Kalil is such a bright spot and Loadholt has done well, but the rest just flatout stink!
    We also have a huge need of a real MLB a better OLB than Henderson, and a big need of a NT. We are a lot better than people thought, but in reality you can see the holes that can be fixed. I like what Spielman does through the draft, but his FA pickups just suck.
    I am hoping for changes in the right spots and time for the Reporters to man up and start asking the obvious question that need to be asked. The important ones with some backbone. Are they afraid they are going to hurt someones feelings?

Sully has played good all year if you ask me. It is more Fusco and Johnson. But Fusco for sure.

Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2836373839 LastLast