Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Now that's not to say that I don't recognize that he's pretty decent when we transition slowly. (My argument is that this is not PREFERABLE to traditional breaking.) I think what's happening...and I could be making this up...is that the defense is retreating to get ON defense...an - in usual transition-defense mode - they do so with urgency. That reaction usually results in an aggressive 'sucking back' if you will. Your intent on stopping the play at the rim; they converge. And so Evan finds himself with - what becomes - a 'soft defense'. They're lagging, from his perspective. And so he's finding open 15 footers.

You're right... not very textbook.

vCash
    I think Evan does miss ops to outlet passes to an open man (Thad) pretty frequently. He likes to dribble. I've said it before. So I'll say it again. He needs to dribble with more intent/purpose. Remember his first professional possession? He cracked wade and splashed the jumper. He doesn't do that anymore. May be lack of confidence in his ability to score. That's my guess. But now he kind of dribbles until an opportunity to make a pass presents itself. Or he passes back to the top of the key gaining no advantage. Something else I said before is Doug needs to make sure he gets a certain amount of shots. So he's confident he'll have his chances. Once that monkey is off his back he can just "think the game" as opposed to obsessing about his game.

Overall I think he'll be find. Looks like his teammates are making a conscience effort to get him going early which will pay dividends.

Dang, I'm not sure if this is the right thread but as for FT. We don't get calls. You have to earn the respects of the refs first. I get that. But jrue attacks and gets hacked often for no call. Guess they have to just keep attacking but I understand if you never get the call why take the beating.
    Pay attention. You might learn something.

vCash

Without the slow break....

He defnds like a guard. He rebounds like a pf.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    And by the way...the premise of this thread is overstated just a touch.

Evan grabs 6.5 boards at 'that' end. He himself shoots the ball after rebounding, what, twice? At 40%, he's making 1.5 baskets every two games.

Can't say this observation is accurate, let alone true.

vCash
    You do realize that Evan and Jrue both also get assists on the break....right? It's not just about Evan getting an open 12 foot jumper.

Jrue also has some of that ability to hit an open step into it 3 pointer on the break....as he displayed in the last game.....off an assist from Turner.

Why on God's green earth anyone would routinely outlet a defensive board to Thad....when he's twice as valuable simply sucking the defense into the hoop to help our 3 point shooters get open....is shocking to me. And why there are complaints about ET pushing the ball on the slow break....when we employ it consistently with success...I don't get.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabGM View Post
    You do realize that Evan and Jrue both also get assists on the break....right? It's not just about Evan getting an open 12 foot jumper.
    You're the one who said it helped ET.

" It has been the most consistent source of offensive production from ET."

That was you, right?

Why on God's green earth anyone would routinely outlet a defensive board to Thad
    I dunno.

Who suggested that?

And why there are complaints about ET pushing the ball on the slow break....when we employ it consistently with success...I don't get.
    Because outletting would be more successful. It's been proven for 100 years.

vCash
    What don't you young whipper-snappers understand?

vCash
    It sure would be nice to get more fast break points. It was nice watching this young team get out and run
    Last edited by phillyphan4; 11-20-2012 at 07:25 PM.
    Phillies/Eagles/Flyers/Sixers/Union/Arsenal

vCash
    Lol I swear some of you need to get evan turner tatted on,your tongues.

vCash
    You should name yourself after him.

vCash
    Lolol

vCash
    You're the one who said it helped ET.

" It has been the most consistent source of offensive production from ET."

That was you, right?

Earlier in the season, when he was almost completely useless in the half court, but then scored 14 in New Orleans and 25 in Boston thanks in very large part on the slow break....yes that was my statement. But when I talk about ET's offensive production on the slow break, I am referring not only
    to him getting the occasional open 12 foot jumper 1.5 times per game....as you suggested. He also gets layups, assists, and hockey assists routinely on the slow break.

I'm not advocating the slow break simply because it makes ET slightly better. It makes our team better....and ET....who last I checked was a Sixer.

I dunno.

Who suggested that?
    Wasn't you...I thought someone else suggested outletting to Thad more often.

Because outletting would be more successful. It's been proven for 100 years.
    Maybe if Lou and Iggy were still on the team, and weren't replaced by a plethora of 3 point shooters, I would agree.
    Last edited by wannabGM; 11-21-2012 at 05:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12