Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLegend View Post
    Yup, but let me ask u this. Do you think this offense would look this bad if we had a guy like Tom Brady or Peyton Manning? That's why those guys are great, they would adjust to the situation by taking what the defense gives them and getting rid of the ball quicker. I'm not saying they would be fabulous behind our line, but they would make this offense work.

Any Qb can look god when he has time. Arron Rogers has a shady offensive line to don't he? Yet, he still gets it done at a pro bowl level.
    Yes, even a NFL leading QB would struggle with this offensive line. The entirety of the offensive being rolled into three and five step drops often requiring maximum protection SEVERELY limits the possibilities of all skilled position players. It also places a larger importance on the limited variation of play calling.

It will make stellar receivers struggle to get open, fast tight ends to beat coverage over the middle, and even impede the running game.

vCash
    Yup, but let me ask u this. Do you think this offense would look this bad if we had a guy like Tom Brady or Peyton Manning?
    Probably not, but it wouldn't be a great offense either. Peyton Manning plays behind the best pass blocking O-line in the NFL. Tom Brady's had good protection throughout his career.

Pretty much every elite QB has to have a clean pocket to play at a high level. Not saying Jay's elite, but he's pretty damn good when he's protected and over the last 3 years he hasn't been protected with any kind of consistency, so the inconsistency in his game is kind of expected.
    Arron Rogers has a shady offensive line to don't he? Yet, he still gets it done at a pro bowl level.
    Rodgers will take a lot of sacks based on volume of pass attempts alone, but his O-line is rated top 5 according to PFF in pass blocking this year. He also has a ridiculous arsenal of receivers at his disposal and runs an offense that's much, much, much better suited to his personnel than anything Jay's run during his time in Chicago. It'd be great to finally implement a West Coast offense here with an OC that had a clue, but sadly that doesn't seem like it's happening any time soon.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 11-20-2012 at 03:06 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Probably not, but it wouldn't be a great offense either. Peyton Manning plays behind the best pass blocking O-line in the NFL. Tom Brady's had good protection throughout his career.

Pretty much every elite QB has to have a clean pocket to play at a high level. Not saying Jay's elite, but he's pretty damn good when he's protected and over the last 3 years he hasn't been protected with any kind of consistency, so the inconsistency in his game is kind of expected.

Rodgers will take a lot of sacks based on volume of pass attempts alone, but his O-line is rated top 5 according to PFF in pass blocking this year. He also has a ridiculous arsenal of receivers at his disposal and runs an offense that's much, much, much better suited to his personnel than anything Jay's run during his time in Chicago. It'd be great to finally implement a West Coast offense here with an OC that had a clue, but sadly that doesn't seem like it's happening any time soon.
    Thats an understatement with Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson, Donald Driver, James Jones, I mean Rodgers actually has weapons. Cutler has Brandon, Earl (when healthy) and Alshon (when healthy).

vCash
    Personally I don't think it's the personnel on the line, but maybe the scheme. From Tice's play calling to the way he wants guys to block, has brought a lack of rhythm and continuity.

While we shouldn't change OC during the season, changes should be made to the blocking schemes and the protection schemes that would put our 330 lb lineman in a situation to handle 260 - 290 lb rushers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    Thats an understatement with Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson, Donald Driver, James Jones, I mean Rodgers actually has weapons. Cutler has Brandon, Earl (when healthy) and Alshon (when healthy).
    You didn't even mention Randall Cobb, probably their best receiver over the last month or so.

Yeah, Rodgers is really, really, really freakin good...but he's also got more weapons than any QB in the game and it's not particularly close either.

vCash
    But don't get me wrong, I would love to have an upgrade at LT, C, and maybe LG. Carimi may need to sit a couple of games to get motivated. The sad thing is I don't think Scott will play better.

Cutler is a very good QB and he has done an outstanding job with no line, one receiver, bad play caller, and a team that lacks identity and rhythm on offense.

vCash
    In football you can't go by record and say this guy is elite because Of that. It's to many other variables.
    but with what's compared here, the only variable is the QB. So i think in this scenario it's ok to go by record.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post

I'm not saying they would be great and the offensive would suddenly transform into a top level offense. But it would easily be better than what it looks like with Cutler. Yes the o-line is very crucial, I do recognize that. But Manning and Brady don't make the handful of mistakes that I see cutler making. Cutler throws often off the back foot, he depends a bit to much on Marshall to the point where he forces it and throws it to him even with he's double covered. Brady and Manning don't make those mistakes. I think they would make a lot better adjustments with the o-line. Thats all I'm saying. If anyone think that the offense wouldn't be better/improved with Brady or Manning then that person don't really understand the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CunninghamJrIII View Post
    but with what's compared here, the only variable is the QB. So i think in this scenario it's ok to go by record.
    What's Alex Smith record the last two year's?

In my opinion, he's trash. I think the niners back-up is better(as you seen last night). So should I say based on the 9ers record the past two years that Alex Smith is good? No! He's not! He's garbage. The niners have won a lot of games because of their defense and they do a good job with that play calling that doesn't require a lot of decision making with Alex Smith. The niners have a damn good head coach who should take a lot of credit here. But based on ur analysis, Alex Smith would qualify as good QB because of their record?

LIke I said, there's a lot of other variables in football.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CunninghamJrIII View Post
    What's Alex Smith record the last two year's?

In my opinion, he's trash. I think the niners back-up is better(as you seen last night). So should I say based on the 9ers record the past two years that Alex Smith is good? No! He's not! He's garbage. The niners have won a lot of games because of their defense and they do a good job with that play calling that doesn't require a lot of decision making with Alex Smith. The niners have a damn good head coach who should take a lot of credit here. But based on ur analysis, Alex Smith would qualify as good QB because of their record?

LIke I said, there's a lot of other variables in football.
    You don't understand it... There's no variable for Smith because he's played every game minus yesterday... And they still won... We have 9 games where Jay wasn't able to start or finish the game, we are 1-8 in that span... In the games he's started we are a 26-9 team

It's obvious how important cutler is to this offense

Rochester Jeffersons

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jpro611 View Post
    You don't understand it... There's no variable for Smith because he's played every game minus yesterday... And they still won... We have 9 games where Jay wasn't able to start or finish the game, we are 1-8 in that span... In the games he's started we are a 26-9 team

It's obvious how important cutler is to this offense
    lol....Our back-ups have been garbage. None of our back-ups is on the level of Kaepernick.

Point is, based on the last two years, is Alex Smith a good QB? The answer is easily no, he's a game manager. Yeah Cutler means more because our back-ups have been hideous. That's a no brainier. But saying Cutler is great based on the record is misleading. Is he valuable? Yes he is! Very much so, I don't doubt that. But at the same time, he's not a pro bowl QB either. All I'm saying, is you can't look at the record and say, "they have a pro bowl QB". Otherwise, Drew Brees would be consider trash this year.

vCash
    What does Alex smith have to do with this argument anyway? Nothing

Stop bringing up irrelevant crap

Rochester Jeffersons

vCash
    Also your argument is that the defense carries us to victories not Jay

How come the defense wasn't carrying us to victories when jay was out?

Do they just all of a sudden decide to quit on those days?

Your argument is silly

Rochester Jeffersons

vCash
    You just have a problem comprehending.

vCash
    The only one having trouble comprehending is you lol

You can't figure out that the one variable is quarterback in this instance... It has nothing to so with defense... It's not like when cutler goes down so does our entire defensive team

Everyone was healthy, cutler went down, season goes down the drain

Read as hard as you lift and you might understand it

Rochester Jeffersons

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast