Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast
    vCash
    Bennett is quick and has great hands. Breaks a ton of tackles. He's still young, he can improve his route running, and if he's lined up inside consistently will beat linebackers.

And then. He made them pancakes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doogolas View Post
    Bennett is quick and has great hands. Breaks a ton of tackles. He's still young, he can improve his route running, and if he's lined up inside consistently will beat linebackers.
    Provided he can stay healthy i agree with everything your saying. Even with improved route running i don't think he can get enough seperation to surpass Jeffery he will remain that #3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMac83 View Post
    Provided he can stay healthy i agree with everything your saying. Even with improved route running i don't think he can get enough seperation to surpass Jeffery he will remain that #3
    That's why I want him in the slot. He can get separation against linebackers and just using the middle of the field to get away from a nickel guy. He's just not a guy that I think is an outside WR.

And then. He made them pancakes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doogolas View Post
    That's why I want him in the slot. He can get separation against linebackers and just using the middle of the field to get away from a nickel guy. He's just not a guy that I think is an outside WR.
    I agree completely

vCash
    Since when do you need "speedsters" in the slot anyway?

Some of the best slot receivers in the NFL are not that fast...like Welker, Amendola, Bess, etc. They're good because they have reliable hands and run crisp routes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post

Some of the best slot receivers in the NFL are not that fast...like Welker, Amendola, Bess, etc. They're good because they have reliable hands and run crisp routes.
    Those teams do have speed options though Lloyd is the Pats deep play threat, Givens for the rams, and Hartline for the Phins. I see the value in having a deep play threat not necessarily running him out of the slot though.

vCash
    LOLegend

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post

Welker is not a speedster? Yeah ok. Whatever dude. This not even worth debating.

vCash
    4.61 40 yard dash time. Yep, totally a speedster.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLegend View Post
    Welker is not a speedster? Yeah ok. Whatever dude. This not even worth debating.
    No he isn't...you're confusing quickness with speed.

vCash
    Coming from a guy who allegedly played beyond high school sports, you don't seem to understand the simplest of concepts when it comes to the game

Welker is not that fast... He's quick as hell and runs great routes and has amazing hands, but he's not a fast player and he's not a deep threat at all

Earl Bennett has led the league in drop percentage in the last 3 seasons, that's a fact... You're way off base when you say he drops a lot of passes, because he doesn't... He's dropped like 1 pass in 3 seasons

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by {Ron!n} View Post
    There. Now you can stop trolling and get the hell out of here.
    http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...ide-receivers/

****ing pwn'd.

vCash
    Lets see here:
    1) Earl Bennett, 40 yard time: 4.51 (http://40-yard-dash-times.com/chicago-bears-wr.html)
    2) Wes Welker, 40 yard time: 4.61 (http://www.40-yard-dash-times.com/we...dash-time.html)

That leaves us with two scenarios:
    A) Wes Welker is indeed a fast receiver with his 4.61 time, Earl Bennett is an even faster receiver at 4.51 and TL is talking garbage once again.

B) Neither Wes Welker nor Earl Bennett are "speedsters", but both have good hands and can run crisp routes and TL is talking garbage once again.

Take your pick.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

vCash
    I want more speed from my slot WR. Johnny Knox would have been a better option. The reason you want speed in your slot is to create match-up problems. Maybe draw a LB on the slot if the defense is in the wrong coverage. Another match-up advantage is to draw the defense 3rd or 4th CB. But with Bennet's weak speed, I don't see him winning many battles.
    Personally, I prefer having my speed guy/guys on the outside.

It forces teams to respect the deep threat, opening up things for TE/slot guys in the middle, guys who are too quick for NB and LBs, and middle to deep routes for the WR on the opposite side.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by {Ron!n} View Post
    Lets see here:
    1) Earl Bennett, 40 yard time: 4.51 (http://40-yard-dash-times.com/chicago-bears-wr.html)
    2) Wes Welker, 40 yard time: 4.61 (http://www.40-yard-dash-times.com/we...dash-time.html)

That leaves us with two scenarios:
    A) Wes Welker is indeed a fast receiver with his 4.61 time, Earl Bennett is an even faster receiver at 4.51 and TL is talking garbage once again.

B) Neither Wes Welker nor Earl Bennett are "speedsters", but both have good hands and can run crisp routes and TL is talking garbage once again.

Take your pick.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast