Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Earl Bennett has one drop in the last 3 seasons

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLegend View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMac83 View Post
    I agree with this but i think Bennett would have to be a 4 or just a 3rd down option. He has great hands but doesn't get any seperation. We need that flex guy that can be a deep threat. That will open up the intermediate routes for guys like Bennett
    What makes you think Bennet has great hands? He do not!! He's dropped a few balls and a big one last week that could've went for 7.
    You score 7 on a TD now. ?

our future

vCash
    Earl Bennett leads the NFL in drop rate percentage in the last 3 years

You know nothing, stop trying

vCash
    What makes you think Bennet has great hands? He do not!! He's dropped a few balls and a big one last week that could've went for 7.
    Dude, you don't watch many Bears games, that's obivious.

Are you sure that you are a Bears Fan?

vCash
    What's obvious is that some of you overrate our players. If Bennet had such great hands his numbers would be better and it would give cutler another real receiver to throw to.

vCash
    What's obvious is that some of you overrate our players. If Bennet had such great hands his numbers would be better and it would give cutler another real receiver to throw to.
    Yes bc the only thing you need to be a wr is hands. He seems to have struggled more w seperation this year but looked better last week. No ones saying he's a 1k yard wr but him in the slot w bmarsh and Alshon on the outside is a respectable corp

vCash
    I want more speed from my slot WR. Johnny Knox would have been a better option. The reason you want speed in your slot is to create match-up problems. Maybe draw a LB on the slot if the defense is in the wrong coverage. Another match-up advantage is to draw the defense 3rd or 4th CB. But with Bennet's weak speed, I don't see him winning many battles.

vCash
    I want more speed from my slot WR. Johnny Knox would have been a better option. The reason you want speed in your slot is to create match-up problems. Maybe draw a LB on the slot if the defense is in the wrong coverage. Another match-up advantage is to draw the defense 3rd or 4th CB. But with Bennet's weak speed, I don't see him winning many battles.
    I want my slot receiver to have hands an know how to run more than a go route. You have to be trolling if you hate earls hands but you want Knox in the slot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    I want my slot receiver to have hands an know how to run more than a go route. You have to be trolling if you hate earls hands but you want Knox in the slot.
    Most teams put a speedster in the slot, you do know that right? Earl Bennet is far from that. But to say the guy has great hands is stretching it. He dropped a easy TD pass that most receivers would've made.

vCash
    Most teams put a speedster in the slot, you do know that right? Earl Bennet is far from that. But to say the guy has great hands is stretching it. He dropped a easy TD pass that most receivers would've made.
    1 drop in 3 years but you like Knox. Speed does not equate to great slot wr.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    1 drop in 3 years but you like Knox. Speed does not equate to great slot wr.
    1 drop in 3 years? U got proof or that or are you just saying that because some other forum member said that?

vCash
    1 drop in 3 years? U got proof or that or are you just saying that because some other forum member said that?
    PFF continued its off-season coverage by looking at the best and worst wide receiver "drop rates" in the league over the last three seasons (best meaning the lowest percentage). And sitting atop the list, just above Arizona's Larry Fitzgerald, was Bennett, who has dropped just four passes the last three seasons.

Counting the 127 catchable balls Bennett has seen since 2009, his "drop rate" stands at a remarkable 3.15 percent. Fitzgerald's rate was second with a 3.27 percent drop rate, although he has seen 275 catchable balls in that same span.
    There. Now you can stop trolling and get the hell out of here.
    http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...ide-receivers/

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

vCash

The Value of Jay Cutler

Bennett> Fitzgerald

our future

vCash
    Having a WR with quickness, great hands, good route running is what I would want in a slot receiver. I always wonder if Hester could have been that. Hester doesn't have great hands, but they're not as bad as some are lead to believe. His route running has gotten better, but still needs work.

vCash
    Nobody is claiming Earl Bennett is a great receiver but he has been dependable. Should he have caught that ball? Absolutely. When he's been healthy he's always proved to be a great possession receiver namely on third down. He's a situational player or at least i'm hoping thats what he'll become i do think we need a speed option ,but you don't want or need that speed option on the field on 3rd and 6. You want a reliable guy out of the slot to give another underneath option.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast