Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLegend View Post
    We definitely left some points on the board and it was surely not jays fault. He played well. It's unfortunate Bennett dropped that ball. And the defense wasn't good down the stretch. But we got more big games coming up. This loss sucks but we still are in the playoff picture and we have to just take care of business.
    I want tice to call plays like he did in the first. I hate taking the foot off of the gas. Twist the dagger dammit

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    I want tice to call plays like he did in the first. I hate taking the foot off of the gas. Twist the dagger dammit
    They went into conservative mode and played the field position game in a tight game with good defenses. Problem is Seattle found something that works with the shot gun and then Russel scrambling out of that formation. We had no answer for that. It wasn't tice. It was the defense IMO. They walked right down the field and scored touchdowns on back to back possessions. We have to find an answer for that because Aaron Rogers can do a lot of what Russel Wilson did.
    Last edited by TheLegend; 12-02-2012 at 09:57 PM.

vCash
    They went into conservative mode and played the field position game in a tight game with good defenses. Problem is Seattle found something that works with the shot gun and then Russel scrambling out of that formation. We had no answer for that. It wasn't tice. It was the defense IMO.
    I hate conservative play calling. You don't see bellicheck taking his foot off the gas. The way jay bmarsh and the oline played let em loose

vCash
    I hate conservative play calling. You don't see bellicheck taking his foot off the gas. The way jay bmarsh and the oline played let em loose
    But that's Lovie's style. We had our chances to win. Major Wright has to come up with that INT. forte didn't have a good running game either. I think u have to take what the defense gives u and for the most part I think we did that. Defensively we just couldn't stop them down the stretch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by La_Biblioteca View Post
    How about no? Lovie had a bad game, there's no doubt about it, but until we stop being better at taking the ball away than any other team in the league, Lovie stays.
    What are you talking about a bad game? What about GB (who allowed them to have their superbowl run year), Texans, 9ers, he never wins the important games plain and simple. All those turnovers they speak of come in all the meaningless games he by far the best coach winning the meaningless non-statement games. I would even grant him the king of meaningless winning coach. And that is what he is a meaningless coach.

He will never compete at the level of the true coaches in the NFL. Vanilla football doesn't cut it you have to be creative and smart to coach at this level. And no one will ever call Lovie smart it's obvious the way he speaks to the media in empty cliche of terms because that's truly all he knows. If and when he's released by the bears he will be picked up as a DC because that's what he is even that he failed for Bears when he tried it that year. He the proverbial grasping at straws man blame those around you kind of guy.

vCash
    But that's Lovie's style. We had our chances to win. Major Wright has to come up with that INT. forte didn't have a good running game either. I think u have to take what the defense gives u and for the most part I think we did that. Defensively we just couldn't stop them down the stretch.
    It's funny how bad our rb was compared to the pass blocking. It's was bizarro Bears oline out there

vCash
    Yeah the run blocking has been atrocious. I don't know how we can survive having so many negative runs. It has got to get fixed.

vCash
    Funny how most of our previous strengths this season (Defense, Run blocking, secondary play) and our weaknesses (O-line, Pass protection, Offense Fluidity) have been switched the last 3 weeks.

It's like a Real-time episode of the Twilight Zone
    Broncos be like:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Yeah the run blocking has been atrocious. I don't know how we can survive having so many negative runs. It has got to get fixed.
    The reshuffling of the O-line probably isn't helping much. As bad as Gabe was at RT in pass pro, he was that good as a run blocker. So the difference from him to Scott on the edge is pretty significant and that's where Forte thrives.

vCash
    It's sad for me to think about what could have been for this O line. Going into the off season we could have been drafting a Jones away from solidifying this line for years to come. With the right scheme and coaching our line could have been real solid.

Jay has shown how good he is with time and weapons. He can be truly elite. He plays his best when he gets more people involved.

vCash
    Sometimes conservative play calling is the smart thing to do. We had our chances. Lovie wasn't conservative when he went for it on 4 & inches. IMO, that was the right call. We also had our chance when Bennet dropped the deep ball. We blew it again when Major Wright couldn't come-up with that game ending INT. And our defense couldn't stop them on crucial 3rd and 4th downs. We had our chances, plenty of them. Sometimes we just get out-played and that's what happened. Can't blame it on the coaches on this one IMO. The player's lost this game bro. Not the coaches.

And Belichick is a great coach, the best in football so you can't compare Lovie to him. He also has a HOF QB, one of the best ever. Our QB doesn't compare to him either IMHO. It's almost like saying Jordan avg. 30PPG, why can't D-Wade.
    Last edited by TheLegend; 12-04-2012 at 11:11 AM.

vCash
    Except Wade did average 30 PPG. Back in the 08-09 season.

vCash
    And BB is one of the least conservative coaches in the NFL. There's a reason the Patriots pile on the score, so that was yet another terrible example.

vCash
    In regards to the Wade/Jordan comparison I was talking about career PPG avg.

But Belichick himself is a HOFer and great coach, he also has a HOF QB. This isn't the same apples. My example to Wade and Jordan is you can't just expect a certain greatness just because someone else is great. I don't think we have that kind of coach or QB so therefore we can't do what they do. We have to do what works for us, which is power run game, and great defense. That's our identity right now. Belichick has a great coaching mind, so he can play that way. We are limiting far as our coaching creativity so we have to slow it down some and play to our personnel/strengths. Lovie isn't great when it comes to strategy. He's not Bill Belichick or someone like Coughlin. However, Lovie is great at getting his players ready to play and believing in a system. Lovie gets his team to play hard and he himself is a good defensive coach by nature. But far as what ur talking about, that's not really Lovie.

Belichick is outstanding and he almost always out-coaches his opponent. I went to a game last year and Bill called a timeout and gave hand signals gesturing to the players to clear the area of snow where the kicker kicks the FG so he could get better footing. That's minor details but that's the kind of coach he is. And at the time his team was up 28 pts..
    Last edited by TheLegend; 12-04-2012 at 01:54 PM.

vCash
    I agree that Lovie isn't BB and I really never intended for that to come across. They're on two different tiers as far as coaching abilities go, but I still believe Lovie is a damn fine HC. Sometimes he can be too conservative and sometimes too risky, but that's just because he isn't an elite coach. He's inconsistent, but so are like 25 other coaches. He just needs to learn the time and place for each approach.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast