vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BowDown View Post
    Who is Trillman?
    Trill + Tillman = Trillman

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=trill

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jpro611 View Post
    The only one having trouble comprehending is you lol

You can't figure out that the one variable is quarterback in this instance... It has nothing to so with defense... It's not like when cutler goes down so does our entire defensive team

Everyone was healthy, cutler went down, season goes down the drain

Read as hard as you lift and you might understand it
    Ok, but the back-ups was garbage so you can't just ignore that. Look, I understand your point and you have a good argument. I agree, Cutler is very valuable to the Bears success, however, he's the only real QB on the squad then and now. Secondly, you can't say based on the record, that this QB is great. That's all I'm saying. I

If you have the right game plan, and play to your strengths, you can still win in the NFL. If you have a viable QB, which is what Cutler is, stellar defense and good special teams, you can win a lot of games in the NFL. This is my point. It doesn't mean the QB is all-pro. If you look at Cutler's win record only, the last 14 games, you will think he's a pro bowl QB. But he clearly isn't playing to those standards right now. Is he important? Damn right he is as there isn't another QB on the squad IMO. But is he a all-pro qb? NO!!!!
    Last edited by TheLegend; 11-20-2012 at 09:36 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLegend View Post
    Ok, but the back-ups was garbage so you can't just ignore that. Look, I understand your point and you have a good argument. I agree, Cutler is very valuable to the Bears success, however, he's the only real QB on the squad then and now. Secondly, you can't say based on the record, that this QB is great. That's all I'm saying. I

If you have the right game plan, and play to your strengths, you can still win in the NFL. If you have a viable QB, which is what Cutler is, stellar defense and good special teams, you can win a lot of games in the NFL. This is my point. It doesn't mean the QB is all-pro. If you look at Cutler's win record only, the last 14 games, you will think he's a pro bowl QB. But he clearly isn't playing to those standards right now. Is he important? Damn right he is as there isn't another QB on the squad IMO. But is he a all-pro qb? NO!!!!
    Why you clownin' up my Cutler homer thread? You state scenarios on how to win. Competent QB that can sustain an offense, Good D, ST play, which is right. However the point I was making was by having an adequate QB with this situation wouldn't sustain an offense. Hence, my amazement that Cutler can sustain the offense despite having so many negatives, which completes one of your 3 variables of a sustaining offense which allows the Bears to win, as evidenced by our win loss record. The debate is how good is Cutler by being able overcome these deficiencies. I think adequate is comical, Cutler has a skillet very few QBs sport IMO which is the reason for overcoming these issues.

6. 11-20-2012, 10:10 PM
    Reason
    banned trolololol

vCash
    /\
    |
    |

I see this guy being a well-respected thoughtful poster on this site who will be with these forums for years to come.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrionLannister View Post
    /\
    |
    |

I see this guy being a well-respected thoughtful poster on this site who will be with these forums for years to come.

What can you do?

9. 11-20-2012, 11:51 PM
    Reason
    thanks for the input, please move along and troll elsewhere

vCash
    Jay Cutler would be a pro bowl QB if he had a good O line in front of him. He would be an all pro with a good O line and some good receivers. He is that good. Because of our defeciencies, I don't know if we will ever see the best of Jay. But what he is now, is better than what we have ever seen in a Bears uniform in our lifetime.

vCash
    I don't think you understand. Manning and Brady will pick a elite defense apart. They are simply to good with their reads, they know who has the match up advantage and the hot read before the ball is snapped. Cutler isn't like that, theres a reason why he constantly throwing to one receiver all game. Why not execute the hot read and take what the defense gives u? And eventually that's the downfall, he's to dependent on one receiver. Manning and Brady was never like that. They knew what was going to be open before the ball was snapped.

Manning was great in Indy, now great in Denver, so u think he has a great offensive line now?
    They may not need RBs but they sure as hell need O-Lines. Cutler himself said on the JC show that not having an O-line makes it hard because you can't be relaxed back there, you get happy feet, etc. give Jay the Pats line and I bet you money everyone would believe he Is elite.

Also, Brady has one all kinds of Super Bowls standing back in shotty right? When his line didn't show up the last two times he was in the Superbowl he dominated didn't he? Oh, he didn't? He didn't do ****? My bad. Seriously our line is so bad Jay may as well be against an elite pass rushing squad every week, because that's the kind of pressure he faces week in and week out.

And then. He made them pancakes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doogolas View Post
    They may not need RBs but they sure as hell need O-Lines. Cutler himself said on the JC show that not having an O-line makes it hard because you can't be relaxed back there, you get happy feet, etc. give Jay the Pats line and I bet you money everyone would believe he Is elite.

Also, Brady has one all kinds of Super Bowls standing back in shotty right? When his line didn't show up the last two times he was in the Superbowl he dominated didn't he? Oh, he didn't? He didn't do ****? My bad. Seriously our line is so bad Jay may as well be against an elite pass rushing squad every week, because that's the kind of pressure he faces week in and week out.
    I wouldn't say his line didn't show up, the NY Giants D-line can make any line look 'meh'. But even if Brady had bad protection, the Pats was still in the game(s). It's not like they lost and got destroyed like the way we do when our QB get's pressured. But IMO, it's not just the line. I think everybody is at fault. From the line, to Tice, to Cutler. I'm seeing faults and some flaws in multiple areas of the offense, not just one entity.

vCash
    We can all hope that Emery will do everything in his power to give Cutler the O line he needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Rules View Post
    Jay Cutler would be a pro bowl QB if he had a good O line in front of him. He would be an all pro with a good O line and some good receivers. He is that good. Because of our defeciencies, I don't know if we will ever see the best of Jay. But what he is now, is better than what we have ever seen in a Bears uniform in our lifetime.

vCash
    I wouldn't say his line didn't show up, the NY Giants D-line can make any line look 'meh'. But even if Brady had bad protection, the Pats was still in the game(s). It's not like they lost and got destroyed like the way we do when our QB get's pressured. But IMO, it's not just the line. I think everybody is at fault. From the line, to Tice, to Cutler. I'm seeing faults and some flaws in multiple areas of the offense, not just one entity.
    We haven't often been "destroyed" in the Cutler era. And Brady doesn't deal with pressure constantly all the time. Even when it happens he can have faith his line will take care of their **** so he can do his job. Cutler has never, ever, ever had that benefit on the Bears. He's NEVER been able to feel comfortable behind the guys protecting him.

And in the Super Bowls the Pats have lost, they scored 17 and 14 points. It wasn't Brady keeping them in it in a shoot out with his line playing like ****. It was his defense playing well to keep the game close.
    Last edited by Doogolas; 11-23-2012 at 07:20 PM.

And then. He made them pancakes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doogolas View Post
    We haven't often been "destroyed" in the Cutler era. And Brady doesn't deal with pressure constantly all the time. Even when it happens he can have faith his line will take care of their **** so he can do his job. Cutler has never, ever, ever had that benefit on the Bears. He's NEVER been able to feel comfortable behind the guys protecting him.

And in the Super Bowls the Pats have lost, they scored 17 and 14 points. It wasn't Brady keeping them in it in a shoot out with his line playing like ****. It was his defense playing well to keep the game close.
    What?!?!?! Obviously you don't watch the games. We got destroyed last year against the Giants and we didn't look good this year in GB with Matthews causing mayhem. Brady has not always had solid protection throughout his career. And it has effected his game when his last wasn't good. But I will say this, he's a much better QB and he handles it much better than Jay Cutler every will.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ-30 View Post
    We can all hope that Emery will do everything in his power to give Cutler the O line he needs.
    J.J., I have started wondering if not more Tice than it is talent or the lack thereof. Sure, we do need more talent, but we may need a better coach of the line and what is being taught.

vCash
    Cutler has been cleared to play Sunday and will be our starter.

vCash
    I think regardless of how the Offense plays out the rest of the season Tice is gone, Tice all but sealed his fate, when he put his faith in his O linemen as well as his TEs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Rules View Post
    J.J., I have started wondering if not more Tice than it is talent or the lack thereof. Sure, we do need more talent, but we may need a better coach of the line and what is being taught.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast