Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

The Value of Jay Cutler

This team on offense is an embarrassment. The offensive line last night was deplorable and has been awful for quite some time. However, the Bears are 26-9 the past 3 years when Cutler finishes the game and 1-8 when he is hurt or gets injured. With this o-line I believe it's a testament to how good Cutler really is.

I bring this up because I got trolled during the Houstan game when Cutler threw a pick and then got injured by dumb Bears fans saying Cutler sucked. I'm tired of it. What more does the world need to see? Jay simply has covered up how bad our O-line, receiving core, and offensive coordinators have been. What is the value of Jay Cutler? I think we gotta steal from Denver for only 2 first rounders.

vCash
    You forgot to mention that Brandon Marshall has been an excellent player and person on and off the field since the Bears acquired him.

It's probably because Jay is such an awful leader and a quitter.

vCash
    Jay singlehandedly got BMarsh IMO, so that further adds his value. Also, he's recruiting Clady from the Broncos per his show a few weeks back.

But I guess the question I'm really asking is how good really is Cutler. Obviously his WAR is high, but is it because he's an elite franchise QB or is it because our backups are that bad? I cant think of any QBs that could do much with this situation. He's winning without a consistent OC or Oline that clearly isn't NFL caliber by a large margin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by matt_the_hulk View Post
    This team on offense is an embarrassment. The offensive line last night was deplorable and has been awful for quite some time. However, the Bears are 26-9 the past 3 years when Cutler finishes the game and 1-8 when he is hurt or gets injured. With this o-line I believe it's a testament to how good Cutler really is.

I bring this up because I got trolled during the Houstan game when Cutler threw a pick and then got injured by dumb Bears fans saying Cutler sucked. I'm tired of it. What more does the world need to see? Jay simply has covered up how bad our O-line, receiving core, and offensive coordinators have been. What is the value of Jay Cutler? I think we gotta steal from Denver for only 2 first rounders.
    19-8 without Brandon Marshall the last three years....that just blows my mind how bad our talent really is. Jerry Angelo had a couple of hits but god damn hes had a ton of misses on offense.

Who was our number 1 the last two years? Cutler had absolutely NOBODY to work with outside of Forte. This is why I have so much respect for Cutler.

vCash
    My biggest worry is that Jay Cutler will leave the Chicago Bears and we won't know what hes capable of due to a crappy line.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by {Ron!n} View Post
    My biggest worry is that Jay Cutler will leave the Chicago Bears and we won't know what hes capable of due to a crappy line.
    Hopefully not.

I've been impressed with what Emery's done so far with this team, but not re-signing Cutler would be a big strike against him.

vCash
    I can't even imagine a world in which we don't resign Cutler. We've invested far too much in him to let him walk.

Nor has Cutler ever even given an impression that he wants to leave. He grew up a Bears fan and has stated he wants to remain here forever.

Obviously we should all take press statements with a grain of salt but I'm going with my gut here.

Population: Bears

vCash

The Value of Jay Cutler

Cutler won't walk. He had his BFF here and they both want to retire as a bear. Unless by some magical fantasy world we acquire Andrew luck, or rg3, or Aaron Rodgers...jay cutler is our qb for the next 7 or so years..

vCash
    Personally, I thought the offense wasn't great this year even with cutler. Cutler is decent but he's not an elite QB. Hes only won 1 playoff game in his career. I think we getting to far with thinking cutler is some pro bowl stud. He can't be mention in the same sentence with someone like Aaron Rogers. With that being said, he does provide high value as a Qb because the bears organization has proven that they can't draft a franchise Qb.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLegend View Post
    Personally, I thought the offense wasn't great this year even with cutler.
    It wasn't and nobody is saying it was. The point is that he's talented enough to cover up some of the deficiencies in this offense (and there are plenty of them...shaky O-line, bad receivers outside of Marshall and a terrible play caller).
    Hes only won 1 playoff game in his career.
    He's only been in 2 playoff games...
    I think we getting to far with thinking cutler is some pro bowl stud. He can't be mention in the same sentence with someone like Aaron Rogers.
    Who said this?

He's better than his numbers in Chicago would indicate, that's for sure. But nobody is calling him an elite, stud QB and no Bears fan is dumb enough to put him in the conversation with Rodgers.

vCash
    It's become clear to me that Jay not only makes the offense as a whole better, but also makes the OL somehow look better. That's just about the worst they have looked all season.

I bet our FO is shocked at how bad our OL is right now, despite the fact that its been just about as bad the past three seasons and we haven't done much outside of drafting Carimi and picking up Rachal to fix it.

It's also become obvious to the FO why Cutler is always hurt, even though PSD has been saying it for years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    It wasn't and nobody is saying it was. The point is that he's talented enough to cover up some of the deficiencies in this offense (and there are plenty of them...shaky O-line, bad receivers outside of Marshall and a terrible play caller).

He's only been in 2 playoff games...

Who said this?

He's better than his numbers in Chicago would indicate, that's for sure. But nobody is calling him an elite, stud QB and no Bears fan is dumb enough to put him in the conversation with Rodgers.
    Ok, I agree with this pretty much. Just chiming in, the previous guys was talking like he was some 'elite franchise Qb', as one guy claimed. That he is not. He's a franchise Qb, not elite level though.

vCash
    The fact that the Bears are 26-9 in games he's started and finished and 1-8 in the other games proves to me he is borderline elite... If he had an offensive line that wasn't god ****ing awful he could be in the conversation IMO

I mean Campbell isn't that bad, he just had no ****ing time last night, the lie is trash... The fact that cutler can do anything behind it is amazing

Rochester Jeffersons

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Full-Size Ditka View Post
    It's become clear to me that Jay not only makes the offense as a whole better, but also makes the OL somehow look better. That's just about the worst they have looked all season.

I bet our FO is shocked at how bad our OL is right now, despite the fact that its been just about as bad the past three seasons and we haven't done much outside of drafting Carimi and picking up Rachal to fix it.

It's also become obvious to the FO why Cutler is always hurt, even though PSD has been saying it for years.
    True, our offensive line is weak, but u got to give the 49ers D some credit. Aldon Smith is a beast and a future pro bowler, if he's not now. Plus, Campbell was very indecisive and held on to the ball to long. I think their is blame all across the board in this loss, not just the offensive line.

vCash
    The 49ers defense is great and the pressure they bring is amazing... But if you saw last night they weren't even being tricky, they didn't stunt because they didn't have to, they just bull rushed the line cuz it is so horrible

At one point I read Aldon smiths lips and he said, "oh my god, this is too easy"... That shows me that it was just the offensive line being ****ing pathetic

Rochester Jeffersons

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast