Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raspy44 View Post
    My point on the OPS is that that decrease is largely a reflection of the league as a whole...offense throughout MLB isn't as good as it was a few years ago. Wright's rankings relative to his peers this year in that regard were similar to how they were during some of his best years. Wright's .883 OPS this year ranked him 13th in MLB....his .924 OPS in 2008 was also 13th in MLB. His 2007 (which was his best year IMO) ranked him 15th in MLB. So I don't think its completely fair to say he's not what he was...when the league as a whole isn't really what it was when it comes to offense. The "norms" are different now than what they used to be.

I think its fair to say he hasn't been as consistently good over the last 4 years as he was over the prior 4 years...that much is clear. He was elite every year from 2005 to 2008 and rarely slumped. But just looking at the individual years as a whole his 2012 was right up there with one of his best.

That's fair, certainly the pitching is better league wide than it was 5 or 6 years ago and Citi Field to me at least is still not as advantageous as Shea Stadium was for hitters which certainly affects Wright's numbers to some degree.

Losing a guy like Reyes in front of him didn't help much either.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-21-2012 at 08:38 PM.

vCash
    50/50? That's the same percentage I have of waking up tomorrow. Not a good percentage. I figured it would be somewhere along the lines of 70/30 which ain't great but when something is 50/50 expect worse case scenario depending on how you look at it I guess.

vCash
    Relative to the league as a whole Wright in 2012 was back to what he was during some of his better years. Offense as a whole in MLB is down from what it was 4-5 years ago. Wright's 143 OPS+ this year was one of the best of his career...only behind what he did in 2007. His 7.8 WAR was also the second best of his career
    Dude, he hasn't been as good overall since that four year stretch he had early in his career, and he'll never put a stretch like that together again.

That doesn't mean i'm down on him, or want him gone, i'm just being objective.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    He peaked offensively from 2006-2008, but he certainly was much better defensively this year than he was even in his GG years.

Third baseman deteriorate the quickest offensively behind catchers so we had to expect some decline.

Like YS said the previous incarnation of Citi Field hurt Wrights offensive stats and certainly got into his head too.

They should have never changed the dimensions from Shea (that was a very fair park)

Another pick six for the stupidpons.

vCash
    Terrible.

vCash
    Tick tock, still nothing done, what happened to 'We're going to move on this very quickly, one way or the other' ????

Another lie Spindy?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    Tick tock, still nothing done, what happened to 'We're going to move on this very quickly, one way or the other' ????

Another lie Spindy?
    Alderson indicated the Mets would like to move quickly on Wright and Dickey and that it was "ideal" to sign them early in the off season, but it was the media who speculated that it could be done before the W.S.

If you want to read exactly what Alderson stated, here is a piece by Adam Rubin that summarizes and quotes Alderson.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/met...hallenges#more
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Alderson indicated the Mets would like to move quickly on Wright and Dickey and that it was "ideal" to sign them early in the off season, but it was the media who speculated that it could be done before the W.S.

If you want to read exactly what Alderson stated, here is a piece by Adam Rubin that summarizes and quotes Alderson.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/met...hallenges#more

He never says anything worth reading.

vCash
    He never says anything worth reading.
    ...especially if it proves your suggestion was baseless.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    ...especially if it proves your suggestion was baseless.
    Call me when he ever says anything that isn't spin, or that he can be held accountable on. He's not a GM he's a PR man.

As usual the early spin has proven to be BS, and as ever it is taking the Mets forever to do anything. Just like it always does.

The CLEAR signals from the team were that these things would be tied up early, have they been? NO.

vCash
    Call me when he ever says anything that isn't spin, or that he can be held accountable on. He's not a GM he's a PR man.

As usual the early spin has proven to be BS, and as ever it is taking the Mets forever to do anything. Just like it always does.

The CLEAR signals from the team were that these things would be tied up early, have they been? NO.
    Actually being a PR/spin man...should be part of the GM job. Gotta be good at lying, and not showing your true intentions.

I couldn't care less what Sandy says...its the actions that should be judged

vCash
    Actually being a PR/spin man...should be part of the GM job. Gotta be good at lying, and not showing your true intentions.

I couldn't care less what Sandy says...its the actions that should be judged

Is he that good at spin/PR though? I worked him out after a few weeks, he's nothing but a liar.

And his actions show him to be an epic failure. The only thing he excels in is pulling the wool over the eyes of the incredibly naive, ie the people who just want to believe in something, in anything. Sports fans are really pre-disposed to self-delusion, you put a smart credible man out there and they'll go along with him.
    Last edited by Marty Mcfly; 11-26-2012 at 11:48 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345