Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Threaded View

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raspy44 View Post
    My point on the OPS is that that decrease is largely a reflection of the league as a whole...offense throughout MLB isn't as good as it was a few years ago. Wright's rankings relative to his peers this year in that regard were similar to how they were during some of his best years. Wright's .883 OPS this year ranked him 13th in MLB....his .924 OPS in 2008 was also 13th in MLB. His 2007 (which was his best year IMO) ranked him 15th in MLB. So I don't think its completely fair to say he's not what he was...when the league as a whole isn't really what it was when it comes to offense. The "norms" are different now than what they used to be.

I think its fair to say he hasn't been as consistently good over the last 4 years as he was over the prior 4 years...that much is clear. He was elite every year from 2005 to 2008 and rarely slumped. But just looking at the individual years as a whole his 2012 was right up there with one of his best.

That's fair, certainly the pitching is better league wide than it was 5 or 6 years ago and Citi Field to me at least is still not as advantageous as Shea Stadium was for hitters which certainly affects Wright's numbers to some degree.

Losing a guy like Reyes in front of him didn't help much either.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-21-2012 at 07:38 PM.