Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Wright ‘50-50’ to sign Mets extension

The source said Wright is less than thrilled with the length of contract and amount of guaranteed money the Mets have offered. It could set up a game of chicken between Mets brass and Wright’s agents, Sam and Seth Levinson, heading to the winter meetings, which begin in two weeks in Nashville, Tenn.

Wright, who turns 30 next month, is believed to be seeking a deal of at least seven years and $125 million that would give him the largest contract for a position player in franchise history.

Wright’s agents also could push for the Mets to tear up the $16 million option they recently exercised on the third baseman for 2013 and add a small amount — say $500,000 (making Wright’s new salary $16.5 million) — and allowing the sides to frame a new deal as including next season and pushing it beyond the $137.5 million contract Johan Santana received before the 2008 season.

But the two sides remain at a stalemate.

“Part of it is [COO] Jeff Wilpon tries to win every negotiation, he doesn’t go for the middle ground,” said a person familiar with the club’s negotiating tactics.

Wright has said he will not negotiate with the Mets beyond spring training, putting him in position to hit the open market next offseason if a new deal can’t be struck.
    http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/mets/...source=dlvr.it

“Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    With Depo and JP handling the trade negotiations with Dickey, and Riccio handling the contract negotiations with Dickey, it's nice to know that Alderson has entrusted the fate of the contract talks with Wright to Jeff Wilpon.

Serenity Now!

And what is Alderson doing now, tiptoeing through the tulips?

“Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”

vCash
    Time to Blow this Team UP!

Would love for Wright to be a Lifelong Met... However thats a lot of KEESH

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    Jesus christ.....

vCash
    If Wright isn't extended, it's no less a blunder than trading Tom Seaver to the Reds.

But only fools are surprised if Wright leaves.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Rumor has it Wright wants a 9 year contract.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    Rumor has it Wright wants a 9 year contract.
    Then give it to him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nymetsrule View Post
    Then give it to him.
    Now that was funny !!!

I like your sense of humor.

There is not 1 player in all of baseball and I include Mike Trout, Miguel Cabrerra and Buster Posey that I would give a 9 year contract to.

If there was a gun to my head and I had to give a 9 year contract to 1 player it probably would be Trout, but with no gun ....NOBODY !!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Sports Fan View Post
    Now that was funny !!!

There is not 1 player in all of baseball and I include Mike Trout, Miguel Cabrerra and Buster Posey that I would give a 9 year contract to.

If there was a gun to my head and I had to give a 9 year contract to 1 player it probably would be Trout, but with no gun ....NOBODY !!!
    If the player is young enough, like they did with Braun (I think) and the kids in Colorado, then I don't have a problem. But a 30-year-old? No way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Sports Fan View Post
    Now that was funny !!!

I am not a businessman. It is not my job to worry about the finances of this garbage team. I want to watch my favorite player play on my favorite team for the next decade. Whether or not he sucks the last few years, I want him here. Give him 7 years with 2 year option. It doesn't matter to me, since I am paying up the wazoo in ticket prices and concession stand prices already.

Why the hell do fans care so much about contract lengths and the companies money? We aren't shareholders, we don't mean jack squat. We just get to watch the games and hope it has players we like. I've already accepted that this team is only going to win about one world series in my lifetime, so why should I resign myself to the medial duties of an accountant? I want to watch my favorite player, and I want him on my team for the rest of this decade and more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nymetsrule View Post
    Then give it to him.
    The initial offer was 6 years for 110, Wright countered with 7 for 140 with 2 option years.

vCash

Wright ‘50-50’ to sign Mets extension

Same usual **** with the Mets here and these ****** owners. Like Reyes I still think Wright will stay here, but then again Reyes did not signed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Same usual **** with the Mets here and these ****** owners. Like Reyes I still think Wright will stay here, but then again Reyes did not signed.
    This is true. You can never know for sure with this team LOL

vCash
    Another shambles on the horizon?

vCash
    There's less then two weeks until the winter meetings. if Wright or Dickey is not signed by then they both could be traded during those meetings. I prefer them sign Wright and trade Dickey. Race it with our ****** owners we have there is no way we sign both of them to extentions

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast