Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Wright ‘50-50’ to sign Mets extension

The source said Wright is less than thrilled with the length of contract and amount of guaranteed money the Mets have offered. It could set up a game of chicken between Mets brass and Wright’s agents, Sam and Seth Levinson, heading to the winter meetings, which begin in two weeks in Nashville, Tenn.

Wright, who turns 30 next month, is believed to be seeking a deal of at least seven years and $125 million that would give him the largest contract for a position player in franchise history.

Wright’s agents also could push for the Mets to tear up the $16 million option they recently exercised on the third baseman for 2013 and add a small amount — say $500,000 (making Wright’s new salary $16.5 million) — and allowing the sides to frame a new deal as including next season and pushing it beyond the $137.5 million contract Johan Santana received before the 2008 season.

But the two sides remain at a stalemate.

“Part of it is [COO] Jeff Wilpon tries to win every negotiation, he doesn’t go for the middle ground,” said a person familiar with the club’s negotiating tactics.

Wright has said he will not negotiate with the Mets beyond spring training, putting him in position to hit the open market next offseason if a new deal can’t be struck.
    http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/mets/...source=dlvr.it

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    With Depo and JP handling the trade negotiations with Dickey, and Riccio handling the contract negotiations with Dickey, it's nice to know that Alderson has entrusted the fate of the contract talks with Wright to Jeff Wilpon.

Serenity Now!

And what is Alderson doing now, tiptoeing through the tulips?

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Time to Blow this Team UP!

Would love for Wright to be a Lifelong Met... However thats a lot of KEESH

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    Jesus christ.....

vCash
    If Wright isn't extended, it's no less a blunder than trading Tom Seaver to the Reds.

But only fools are surprised if Wright leaves.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Rumor has it Wright wants a 9 year contract.

vCash

Wright ‘50-50’ to sign Mets extension

Same usual **** with the Mets here and these ****** owners. Like Reyes I still think Wright will stay here, but then again Reyes did not signed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Same usual **** with the Mets here and these ****** owners. Like Reyes I still think Wright will stay here, but then again Reyes did not signed.
    This is true. You can never know for sure with this team LOL

vCash
    Another shambles on the horizon?

vCash
    There's less then two weeks until the winter meetings. if Wright or Dickey is not signed by then they both could be traded during those meetings. I prefer them sign Wright and trade Dickey. Race it with our ****** owners we have there is no way we sign both of them to extentions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Mets View Post
    There's less then two weeks until the winter meetings. if Wright or Dickey is not signed by then they both could be traded during those meetings. I prefer them sign Wright and trade Dickey. Race it with our ****** owners we have there is no way we sign both of them to extentions
    It looks to me like they're in deep **** financially, they just deferred Bay's deal over 3 years which makes no baseball sense whatsoever, given that we're a team going nowhere next year, you'd think clearing the decks would be a much better option.

But no, spread out the cost without increasing payroll this year, is actually lowering payroll, and reducing their mythical 'flexibility' even further for 2014-15.

What a total mess, yet some people still think everything is fine...

vCash
    As much as I'd love to take the opportunity to blast Jeff Wilpon, let me be the voice of calm for a moment.

“Part of it is [COO] Jeff Wilpon tries to win every negotiation, he doesn’t go for the middle ground,” said a person familiar with the club’s negotiating tactics.
    Come on now, is that really the kind of source that should get us up in arms right now?

See how it plays out. There will be plenty of time to breathe fire against the organization if they mess this up.
    Go Grab My Belt

vCash
    As much as I'd love to take the opportunity to blast Jeff Wilpon, let me be the voice of calm for a moment.

Come on now, is that really the kind of source that should get us up in arms right now?

See how it plays out. There will be plenty of time to breathe fire against the organization if they mess this up.
    Go Grab My Belt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post

I didn't want to say anything because people get so sensitive her the minute someone says something positive so I am glad you did.

We found out early on that Wright and the Mets were not going public with this. Now all of a sudden someone with sources says there is a 50/50 chance Wright signs with the Mets. Jeeze what better way to cover your *** there. He should have just said the Mets may or may not sign David Wright according to his sources.

vCash
    I have no idea whether this is credible. However after being lied to about Reyes we will have no reason to believe they are serious about signing Wright until the ink is dried. And if they do not sign him I am certain they will do their dirty work by trashing him for being greedy.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast