Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 180
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    www.hunterpence.com
    Posts
    1,578
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    Is Steve Nash soft?


    Yes but he is one of the best soft players that ever lived. Even though Steve Nash is 38 years old, he can still pass the ball very well. One of the best pick and roll players in da game.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    13,287
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MackShock View Post
    hes 0-1
    actuallyhe says they are going to lose every single game. Historically if you have to go black and white- losing is by far the more frequent outcome over the last few decades... so cant question his strategy, especially considering the front office was outright tanking last year.
    A role model if I ever knew one

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, US
    Posts
    8,916
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Over Da Pence View Post
    Yes but he is one of the best soft players that ever lived. Even though Steve Nash is 38 years old, he can still pass the ball very well. One of the best pick and roll players in da game.
    What makes you think Nash is soft?

    Keeping your response in context of what we're talking about, injuries, when was Steve Nash ever soft with injuries?

    He hasn't played at all in the regular season, and Boguts injury history is Farr worse than Nash's. Physically, Boguts probably over 40 years old, and Nash is under 38 because he's conditioned so well over the years.

    And even Nash is taking a few weeks off to get right, and get ready to go as close to 100 percent as possible.

    So again, in response to likemystylez, is Steve Nash soft?



    she says go for the championship

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    2017 Pier 30 - Embarcadero Center
    Posts
    26,474
    vCash
    1500
    but were talking about his predictions this year

    GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."



    #DUBSUP

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    13,287
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    What makes you think Nash is soft?

    Keeping your response in context of what we're talking about, injuries, when was Steve Nash ever soft with injuries?

    He hasn't played at all in the regular season, and Boguts injury history is Farr worse than Nash's. Physically, Boguts probably over 40 years old, and Nash is under 38 because he's conditioned so well over the years.

    And even Nash is taking a few weeks off to get right, and get ready to go as close to 100 percent as possible.

    So again, in response to likemystylez, is Steve Nash soft?
    I wouldnt classify nash as tuff, but its a little bit different for nash. he was not brought to the lakers to be the center piece. Infact they have 5 other players on that roster who have been to all star games. They have atleast 2 players who are likely headed to the hall of fame.

    Nash is 38 years old!!!!.. Nash wasnt given the entire last season off for an 8-12 week injury, Bogut claims that his injuries were freak injuries and there is no reason he shouldnt make a full recovery.

    I expect a player in the prime of his career to be a little bit tuffer and play through a little bit more discomfort (which is really all bogut is dealing with now- even according to him)... than a 38 year old. Its not like bogut has been rushed back either. In July at summer league bogut said he would
    "DEFINITELY BE BACK BY THE START OF TRAINING CAMP"...and they have made it very clear that there have been no setbacks... so the only conclusion is... bogut is soft??
    A role model if I ever knew one

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    13,287
    vCash
    1500
    to answer the question clearly about nash. A 38 yr old whos still contributing and playing against top tier athletes 20-25 yrs old is not soft. regardless of injury situation
    A role model if I ever knew one

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    8,714
    vCash
    34875
    Bogut likes to dunk. He wants to come back able to slam it down.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    13,287
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post
    Bogut likes to dunk. He wants to come back able to slam it down.
    oh ok, well then its fine.... we can tank a season or two so bogut can come back and dunk a few in. weve already tanked one season waiting on this guy- the very least he could have done is gotten himself ready for this year. its not unreasonable to ask a guy who broke his ankle to be ready to go in 10 months. Especially considering there were no setbacks and it was originally a 8-12 week time frame.


    the 6 month time frame from the surgery is absolute BS. there was absolutely no mention of it ANYWHERE until late october. Infact- there are atleast 4 or 5 articles that I have found that suggest that bogut himself and the warriors organization had no knowledge of him being sidelined until october 27th at the earliest.

    The team and bogut both said in July and early august that bogut would certainly be ready to go by the start of training camp. If there was a 6 month time frame that was planned on from the surgery in late april... why would bogut or the team expect he would "certainly" be back by the beginning of october? Something doesnt add up. They say there have been no setbacks? Its almost like the team is making stuff up to justify bogut being a wuss now.
    A role model if I ever knew one

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    8,714
    vCash
    34875
    This is clearly not tanking.

    Styles, just because we are all ignorant to medical **** and the team didn't sit down and explain the time frame does not mean it wasn't the time frame. If we were doctors we would have known. But we aren't so we didn't

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    13,287
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post
    This is clearly not tanking.

    Styles, just because we are all ignorant to medical **** and the team didn't sit down and explain the time frame does not mean it wasn't the time frame. If we were doctors we would have known. But we aren't so we didn't
    I suppose thats true, theres no way to know.... but common sense would tell you that something changed.

    If a 6 month time frame was there all along, and it was going to be atleast 6 months before he would be cleared..... YOu dont think they would have told bogut that?

    In july during summer league- Bogut said he would certainly be back for training camp. Wait a minute- training camp starts at the beginning of the month and they said the earliest he could return was the end of october???

    Why wouldnt the press have any wind of this time frame if it really existed? Did the team purposely not disclose it to increase ticketsales and keep the buzz upbeat about this season until things got really bad (which they kind of have now)....

    I mean I wanted to go to a few games during xmas time, but now im actually afraid to buy tickets because I want to see Bogut on the floor. I want to see why everyone was so excited about this trade last march.... does that make me an unreasonalbe fan. We tanked a season to get him out there on the floor. I think fans have a right to be annoyed by this. Bogut is choosing not to play.


    It might not be tanking... but everyone in that organization is not doing everything possible to win every game..... the urgency is not where it should be and thats what eventually leads to giving up on the season (look at the last 2 decades). Considering the warriors situation... they are either doing everything they can to win games or they are not...

    and why would they even consider risking not getting into the playoffs? why would you even want to get near that end of the spectrum? Why would you want to flirt with a disaster when BOGUT COULD BE PLAYING RIGHT NOW IF HE WANTED TOO
    A role model if I ever knew one

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    15,105
    vCash
    1500
    How are you complaining? Were playing well right now, so why not float above .500 until Bogut comes back, and then make a push.


    Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    If Currys defense is so bad, why do the warriors have the third best defensive team in the league? Why do opposing point guards have a less than average per of 14.9 when Curry is in the game? Why does curry LEAD the nba with a plus minus of +416.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    You can rattle off all of the stats you want with no context whatsoever. You still said Curry is the 4th best player in the league.
    I guess stats aren't factual when rattled off?

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    2017 Pier 30 - Embarcadero Center
    Posts
    26,474
    vCash
    1500
    We will win

    GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."



    #DUBSUP

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    13,287
    vCash
    1500
    how many years does a team have to miss the playoffs before they just comeout and say thats it... were gonna do everything in our power to win every single game? At what point does winning become the only objective? or atleast the most important one?

    Another thing- without bogut on the floor.... you cant even prepare to make trades that might help you as the deadline comes. I mean how do you run an organization when you dont even really know what your weaknesses are. If bogut isnt out there.... they dont even have their regular rotation, and players are playing out of position. Again- why put yourself int his position? Technically its not tanking but the winning teams have all their players out there when they want to win games (most teams thats in the playoffs)... but for the warriors who need to do everything possible just to get in to the playoffs... that should be right now through april.
    A role model if I ever knew one

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    15,105
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    how many years does a team have to miss the playoffs before they just comeout and say thats it... were gonna do everything in our power to win every single game? At what point does winning become the only objective? or atleast the most important one?

    Another thing- without bogut on the floor.... you cant even prepare to make trades that might help you as the deadline comes. I mean how do you run an organization when you dont even really know what your weaknesses are. If bogut isnt out there.... they dont even have their regular rotation, and players are playing out of position. Again- why put yourself int his position? Technically its not tanking but the winning teams have all their players out there when they want to win games (most teams thats in the playoffs)... but for the warriors who need to do everything possible just to get in to the playoffs... that should be right now through april.
    Okay let's play our best player at whatever percentage he's at, let him get injured when we really need him, then we can at least say we tried to win games early in the season. Were winning while he's getting healthy, what's the problem?


    Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    If Currys defense is so bad, why do the warriors have the third best defensive team in the league? Why do opposing point guards have a less than average per of 14.9 when Curry is in the game? Why does curry LEAD the nba with a plus minus of +416.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    You can rattle off all of the stats you want with no context whatsoever. You still said Curry is the 4th best player in the league.
    I guess stats aren't factual when rattled off?

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    13,287
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    How are you complaining? Were playing well right now, so why not float above .500 until Bogut comes back, and then make a push.
    bcayou are leaving the possability open that you could go on a losing streak, then players will just start sitting out for minor injuries because they are giving up ont he season.... and you really just want to lock yourself into that playoff spot and not mess around with it. It doesnt take much for things to get really really bad with the warriors really fast....It just seems like a lack of urgency.

    You dont hear me complaining about brandon rush sitting out because he is injured. If hes still sitting out in 4 yrs, I might start complaining... Bogut can play and he is choosing not to play
    Brandon rush original diagnosis 9-12 months

    Bogut 8-12 weeks..... we are on week 45 now
    A role model if I ever knew one

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •