• Aldon Smith

46 48.94%
  • Von Miller

48 51.06%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UKBronco58 View Post
    http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denver...nd-dpow-award/

Even in light of Aldon's incredible performance, Miller takes home DPOW award.
    LOL, look at the bottom, he was awarded the AFC defensive player of the week.

The 49ers are in the NFC. And Aldon won the NFC defensive player of the week award for this week too...
    Quote Originally Posted by AmsterNat View Post
    How unsurprising. Dude, give up trying to argue with valade. He cut you into little pieces, had you for breakfast, and shat you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Valade you have totally owned this thread. Well done
    My fanbase is growing.

vCash
    Miller. More complete and the amount of pass rush and sacks he gets while play 43 OLB is amazing to me at least.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    LOL, look at the bottom, he was awarded the AFC defensive player of the week.

The 49ers are in the NFC. And Aldon won the NFC defensive player of the week award for this week too...
    Oops, my bad. I didn't spot the tags.

It didn't specify that it was AFC in the article.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kozelkid View Post
    Because as good of a pass rusher as Aldon is, he hasn't shown be more than above average at best against the run.

Von, on the other hand, is already elite at every facet of the game.
    That's false.

Slap Hands!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekRE_3 View Post
    That's false.
    Your opinion, but the numbers don't lie.

vCash
    Definitely Von and I really don't think it's close. Note that it's no slight on Aldon Smith as he is already very good, and should become great.

Von, on the other hand, is already firmly in the discussion for DPOY and looks to like he could very well be a once in a generation type OLB.
    That is quite the statement.

Me and my Boy.
    No halo.
    Thank you PSD for your support and prayers.

vCash
    I think anyone that describes Aldon as anything less than great is selling him short. I would take von Miller in a heartbeat, but I can't sell Aldon short or pretend that he isn't worthy of his conference's DPOY award.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    Your opinion, but the numbers don't lie.
    I'll go off of what Greg Cosell has said about his run defense this season.

Slap Hands!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I think anyone that describes Aldon as anything less than great is selling him short. I would take von Miller in a heartbeat, but I can't sell Aldon short or pretend that he isn't worthy of his conference's DPOY award.
    Right. I'm not saying Aldon is better, but to those who are saying it isn't even close....that's an exaggeration.

Slap Hands!

vCash
    I'll go off of what Greg Cosell has said about his run defense this season.
    I'm going off where PFF has him rated, which is exactly where I said, "above average."

vCash
    Right. I'm not saying Aldon is better, but to those who are saying it isn't even close....that's an exaggeration.
    I don't think it is. I view Aldon as a very good, if not great player. It's in no way a slight to Aldon, just pointing out how great Von really is.

Just like, I have no problem saying that (when healthy obviously) Tillman isn't close to Revis. Tillman is having a great season now and is in discussion for DPOY, but Revis is just at his own level (i.e. once in a generation type talent, which is how I view Von as well )

vCash
    cant go wrong with either of them. givin wat my team needs id go with von miller followed by JJ Watt then aldon smith.

The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Power Couple

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    vCash
    Exactly.

vCash
    I don't think it is. I view Aldon as a very good, if not great player. It's in no way a slight to Aldon, just pointing out how great Von really is.

Just like, I have no problem saying that (when healthy obviously) Tillman isn't close to Revis. Tillman is having a great season now and is in discussion for DPOY, but Revis is just at his own level (i.e. once in a generation type talent, which is how I view Von as well )
    Once in a generation type talent? Lol, the hyperbole goes too far. Just in the last 10 years there are tons of guys at or above his level on defense...

Patrick Willis, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Troy Polamalu, Brian Urlacher, Darrelle Revis, Nnamdi Asomugha, Champ Bailey, DeMarcus Ware, JJ Watt, Haloti Ngata, Julius Peppers, Jared Allen, etc.

He's not even a Top 10 defensive player of the last 5 years...
    Quote Originally Posted by AmsterNat View Post
    How unsurprising. Dude, give up trying to argue with valade. He cut you into little pieces, had you for breakfast, and shat you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Valade you have totally owned this thread. Well done
    My fanbase is growing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Once in a generation type talent? Lol, the hyperbole goes too far. Just in the last 10 years there are tons of guys at or above his level on defense...

Patrick Willis, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Troy Polamalu, Brian Urlacher, Darrelle Revis, Nnamdi Asomugha, Champ Bailey, DeMarcus Ware, JJ Watt, Haloti Ngata, Julius Peppers, Jared Allen, etc.

He's not even a Top 10 defensive player of the last 5 years...
    Apparently I wasn't clear enough, I'm referring in respect to his position, or else we're comparing apples to oranges. And fyi, Revis has certainly been more impactful on defense than ALOT of players you just mentioned since he joined the league.

Yes, Revis is undoubtedly a once in generation type corner who could very well unseat Deion before his career is over.

And while Champ has had a HOF career (Nnamdi is certainly debatable), what Revis has already done in his career certainly trumps what Champ did in those same number of years when he came into the league.

As far as Von goes, I'll be hardpressed to find another OLB in recent times aside from maybe Ware, who has been this dominant and impactful this early in all facets of the game.
    Last edited by kozelkid; 11-23-2012 at 04:21 PM.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast