Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Worst Kings team in over 20 years

Ten games into the 2012-13 season, the Kings are tied for the third-worst record in the NBA and the worst record in the Western Conference.

The Kings are off to their worst start since the 1990-91 season.

A big reason for this is defense.

The Kings' defensive numbers looked good through three games, but it was too early to make any conclusions as to if the defense was truly improved.

Now we see of their first three opponents, only Chicago (44.4 percent) is not in the bottom third in shooting.

And overall the Kings have slipped back into the defensive trends that have kept them at the bottom of the standings.

Opponents are shooting 44.8 percent, 10th highest in the league.

The Kings are allowing 100 points per game, seventh most in the league.

And the Kings aren't playing well enough on offense to win high-scoring games. Sacramento remains inefficient on offense, but hasn't played in transition enough to generate the scoring chances to cover up for the scoring problems.

The Kings are 26th in scoring (91.2 points per game), 27th in shooting (41.8 percent), 28th in three-point shooting (29.8 percent) and are last in assists (17.3 per game).

The Kings' -8.80 scoring differential is also last in the NBA.

There are 72 games left in the season with essentially the same players that had similar struggles last season. But the Kings need to show improvement soon or risk the feeling of "Same old stuff" permeating the locker room.

And all that will get the Kings is another high draft pick.
    http://blogs.sacbee.com/sports/kings...bad-start.html

This team won't recover.

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    http://imgur.com/a/4UK1e <---- BEST 10-15 SECONDS EVER

vCash
    Although the #s say one thing, my eyes see another. I've went to those pre 90's games with my old man. I watched the kings from the get go. The #s say one thing but this team has better players then what the #s say. I don't mind the first overall though, unless it's neverous pervis.

vCash
    We're not the worst Kings team in the last 20 years. If we have a worse record than the 08'-09' Kings by the end of the season, then you can say that.

Since everyone is gonna say how much we suck, I'm just gonna rant here.

I'm getting sick of everyone's negativity.

Yeah, we're probably the worst team in the league right now. Yeah, we're sucking the big one right now. What is all of your guys' negativity gonna bring us?? Nothing. So, everyone might as well be as positive as possible.

Like the old saying goes: If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

You all sound like Kings haters, not fans.

Constructive criticism is fine. Talk about what we need. Don't bash on the team. Bashing just makes you come off as bad fans. You don't like our team, go root for another team. There's 29 other's.

vCash
    ^^^ You can't question one's fanhood because they're complaining about the product on the floor, especially in an open forum. I'm a very dedicated fan, but when changes aren't being made and we see progression at a stand still what are we suppose to say?

Its okay for fans to want to see change in the front office, coaches, or players. Its not like the fans can pick up the phone and complete a deal, or fire a coach. It doesn't make me a "Kings Hater", when I pay hard earned money to go to games and the effort is poor, the coaching is terrible, and the atmosphere isn't better than a college game.

We're going on 7 years of terrible basketball, I'm obviously sticking by my teams side just like everyone on Kings PSD... that's why were here to voice our opinion and just talk about the game of basketball.

I can't say the Kings are going to turn it around this season, or there just in a slump because I've said that the past 6 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iMac View Post
    ^^^ You can't question one's fanhood because they're complaining about the product on the floor, especially in an open forum. I'm a very dedicated fan, but when changes aren't being made and we see progression at a stand still what are we suppose to say?

Its okay for fans to want to see change in the front office, coaches, or players. Its not like the fans can pick up the phone and complete a deal, or fire a coach. It doesn't make me a "Kings Hater", when I pay hard earned money to go to games and the effort is poor, the coaching is terrible, and the atmosphere isn't better than a college game.

We're going on 7 years of terrible basketball, I'm obviously sticking by my teams side just like everyone on Kings PSD... that's why were here to voice our opinion and just talk about the game of basketball.

I can't say the Kings are going to turn it around this season, or there just in a slump because I've said that the past 6 years.
    It's one thing to complain, it's another to just bash the team.

I didn't name anyone. And I'm not going to. So, don't take what I said personal. It's to everyone.

I'm not saying that it's not OK to want to change. I'm just saying that the needless bashing should stop.

Now, check the bolded. One thing to voice your opinion and talk about the game. It's another to bash our team.

Now, I'm not a moderator. I don't run this forum. So, what I say, is just my opinion and my rant. no one has to listen to me. And no one has to read my posts. I can't stop anyone from bashing. I'm just voicing my opinion about what's going on.

If offended you or whatever, sorry. No hard feelings, iMac.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZebraCity916:24395210
    Quote Originally Posted by iMac View Post

It's one thing to complain, it's another to just bash the team.

I didn't name anyone. And I'm not going to. So, don't take what I said personal. It's to everyone.

I'm not saying that it's not OK to want to change. I'm just saying that the needless bashing should stop.

Now, check the bolded. One thing to voice your opinion and talk about the game. It's another to bash our team.

Now, I'm not a moderator. I don't run this forum. So, what I say, is just my opinion and my rant. no one has to listen to me. And no one has to read my posts. I can't stop anyone from bashing. I'm just voicing my opinion about what's going on.

If offended you or whatever, sorry. No hard feelings, iMac.
    I agree more constructive criticism and less we suck

vCash
    I'm not taking it personal at all, I just used my personal feelings about this squad as an example. I just think when everything is f##cked up its normal for people to complain about the front office, coaches, and players. There's no hard feelings from me at all, at the end of the day this forum is used to talk sports and ***** and complain about whats not working... then praise the moments that are!

vCash
    Watching the Kings is like the movie Groundhogs day, except you never bang Andie MacDowell & tomorrow never comes.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuckus View Post
    You can't spell Worley without W.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Infamous916 View Post
    Watching the Kings is like the movie Groundhogs day, except you never bang Andie MacDowell & tomorrow never comes.
    Heard that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sactown View Post
    I agree more constructive criticism and less we suck
    well we do.

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    http://imgur.com/a/4UK1e <---- BEST 10-15 SECONDS EVER