Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    didnt see this coming at all ...

im cool with it though

definately not the sexy hire but I definately trust aa

vCash
    ****, I didnt like him at all... i dont think he could manage a whore house, if true i hope he has learned something since he left..... ill stay open minded for now not to kill the buzz around the Jays but there were better guys out there IMO. Still he is better then Farrell though!!!!

vCash
    What the ****

vCash
    i hope this time he's a players coach...he had soo much controversy during his first time with the jays

vCash
    Solid

vCash
    Honestly, there are so many candidates for managerial position and only very few great managers. Obviously AA liked something about him during his tenure with the Jays (AA was in the front office).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Farsight View Post
    Honestly, there are so many candidates for managerial position. Obviously AA liked something about him during his tenure with the Jays (AA was in the front office).
    Either thaat or Rogers is trying to appeal to the nostalgia in the fanbase (Halladay?)

vCash
    If I read the article correctly, Elliott is basing this on seeing Gibbons in Toronto with AA today?

I eat pieces of waffle like you for breakfast

vCash
    Jays need a manager who gets in people's faces. Which he does ie ted lilly, shea hillenbrand

vCash
    I love Gibby, I think he's a tremendous fit for this club. When I mentioned his name way back when Farrell first left I really didn't think he'd ever be an option here because of the negative perception of his first go round. The fact that AA is going all in with this guy despite what's sure to be a negative reception from the fans/media is actually incredibly encouraging.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scotttube View Post
    If I read the article correctly, Elliott is basing this on seeing Gibbons in Toronto with AA today?
    He's just stating that. Don't think he's basing it on just that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009mvp View Post
    I love Gibby, I think he's a tremendous fit for this club. When I mentioned his name way back when Farrell first left I really didn't think he'd ever be an option here because of the negative perception of his first go round. The fact that AA is going all in with this guy despite what's sure to be a negative reception from the fans/media is actually incredibly encouraging.
    Agreed. He wont put up with Romero's piss poor entitled attitude. He will put him in his place which is nice.

vCash
    I dont know yet.... I dont love it, I dont hate it, At this point i trust AA to do and pick who he wants. Gibbins at least knows Toronto.
    Hockey- Toronto Maple Leafs
    Basketball- Toronto Raptors
    Baseball- Toronto Blue Jays
    Football - Philadelphia Eagles & San Diego Chargers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Farsight View Post
    One player gets injured, and he's soley to blame? sure... Its not like Hoffman, Rivera, Goose Gossage, or other close had 2 inning saves before...During his tenure, the jays bullpen was always near the top of the league
    Hardly.

2004 - 27th in reliver era
    2005 - 11th
    2006 - 11th
    2007 - 3rd
    2008 - 1st (im sure the best rotation in baseball had something to do with it)

2008 was also the season Mcgowan, Marcum and a whole bunch of other pitchers got hurt not sayng its gibbys fault but i didnt always agree with his call to the pen.

Im also indifferent bout Gibbons. But i take it with a grain of salt. There was a reason he was fired the first time around

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast