Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenecaValley46 View Post
    whys that? im pretty sure i won the Browns argument... with a commanding lead
    Because you both enjoy being right too much. :P

vCash
    whys that? im pretty sure i won the Browns argument... with a commanding lead
    Honestly the books still out on that. few of you guys mentioned before the Browns do have quite a few very talented players on this team and having an owner like Jimmy haslem who is very outgoing and focused can only help. Browns future is bright, can't remember the last time I've said that. Don't think ever to be honest.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ring91013144043 View Post
    Like JRM I would have liked the Weeden pick a lot more if he was at least half a decade younger. But he hasn't been THAT bad for you guys.
    Brandon Weeden has potential, but the Browns will only get it for about six to eight years instead of 12 or more. He's better than any other young QB they've drafted since they reentered the league.

Love Richardson.

Joe Thomas is still Joe Thomas.

I personally believe Alex Mack is the best center in the division. Maurkice Pouncey is one of the most overrated players in the NFL.
    The matchup that worries me the most is their running game versus our run defense. Jamaal Charles was able to get some yards, and overall the run defense hasn't been quite as good as in years past. A talented RB plus an offensive line with Joe Thomas and Alex Mack could enable the Browns to play keep-away.

As for Mack vis-a-vis Maurkice Pouncey, I agree. I actually think Mack got shafted out of the Pro Bowl in 2010 because Pouncey played well enough his rookie season that people went "ZOMG TEH STEELERS HAS A GOOD OFFENSIEVE LINMAN FRO A CHANGE LETTUCE VOTE FOR HIM!!!!!!!!1"

Josh Gordon is proving to be a fantastic pick. It seems like he's good for one or two catches a game, but those catches are 60+ yard touchdowns. And looking him up, he's not even 5 months older than me. What am I doing with my life?
    Same thing all the rest of us Pittsburghers are doing: eating out of lunchpails while we collect our unemployment checks and complain about the steel mills closing before we anger-**** our sister-wives.

I really like Jabaal Sheard.
    He's a Pitt guy and his name is a wonderful double-entendre. Another matchup that worries me is their defensive line versus our offensive line. Our offensive line has improved (mainly because Chris Kemoeatu is gone), but it's still pretty average. I dare say that the Browns control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball better than the Steelers do. The difference is the Steelers have an elite QB who can counter that disadvantage.

The Browns have a lot of young talent, and not in the sense that they've had a bunch of early picks recently. Taylor and Mack were each taken 21st overall and Ward and Sheard were both 2nd round picks Even Weeden doesn't seem like a wasted pick, he's been playing up and down but up enough to give hope. I like where the Browns are headed for sure.
    The Browns won't win any more than four games this season, but next season I wouldn't be surprised if they finish 8-8 or so. I think Ben Roethlisberger will give them hell for as long as he's still playing, but once he's gone, we're in danger of looking up at the Browns in the standings like we did during the 1980's.
    "...more talking went on between us all until [Roethlisberger and his entourage] left the bar. Then I seperated with [name redacted] and the other girls and went with another group, and everything else happened, and I was told about it this morning and felt I needed to give my statement. Looking back and hearing all of the details, it seems to me that it was a set-up, and so I think this needed to be told."

-Victoria Garofalo, Zeta Tau Alpha sorority sister, in a statement to the GBI

vCash
    I should also add that this game makes me a bit nervous. It's in Cleveland, and our defense has only played one-and-a-half good games (out of five) on the road this season. Furthermore, like I said above, the Browns do have a couple of favorable matchups that can bite us in the ***. And since Ben Roethlisberger won't be playing, we can't depend on the offense being as productive. This will probably be a game in which the winner scores no more than 20, and as long as we don't have our franchise QB, it could very easily be the Browns scoring the 20.
    "...more talking went on between us all until [Roethlisberger and his entourage] left the bar. Then I seperated with [name redacted] and the other girls and went with another group, and everything else happened, and I was told about it this morning and felt I needed to give my statement. Looking back and hearing all of the details, it seems to me that it was a set-up, and so I think this needed to be told."

-Victoria Garofalo, Zeta Tau Alpha sorority sister, in a statement to the GBI

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    The matchup that worries me the most is their running game versus our run defense. Jamaal Charles was able to get some yards, and overall the run defense hasn't been quite as good as in years past. A talented RB plus an offensive line with Joe Thomas and Alex Mack could enable the Browns to play keep-away.
    Bench Hampton. Start McLendon. Just like they should have benched Smith and started Hood last year. Who cares how good they were 5 years ago? They're not anymore.

As for Mack vis-a-vis Maurkice Pouncey, I agree. I actually think Mack got shafted out of the Pro Bowl in 2010 because Pouncey played well enough his rookie season that people went "ZOMG TEH STEELERS HAS A GOOD OFFENSIEVE LINMAN FRO A CHANGE LETTUCE VOTE FOR HIM!!!!!!!!1"
    From what I've seen, Pouncey's only strength is getting to the second level and taking out linebackers on run plays where he's assigned to do that. Last week against Ma'ake Kemoeatu was the first time I had ever seen him win a matchup against a huge defensive lineman. In his entire career. Hasn't deserved any of the Pro Bowl or All Pro honors he's received.

The difference is the Steelers have an elite QB who can counter that disadvantage.
    Charlie Batch?

vCash
    Saw Curtis Brown, Cortez Allen, and Rob Golden at the mall tonight... Cortez checked out my girlfriends ***. Not sure how to feel about it

vCash
    Saw Curtis Brown, Cortez Allen, and Rob Golden at the mall tonight... Cortez checked out my girlfriends ***. Not sure how to feel about it
    Apparently it's only okay if Hines Ward checks out your girlfriend's ***. At least it wasn't Roethlisberger though? :P

vCash
    Ben can do anything

vCash
    http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instanc...x/25294122.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieSteve View Post
    JDM : Jumbo Dick Man

vCash
    425 y

vCash
    If we were ever going to lose to the Browns, this would be the week.

Our freaking playoff hopes lie on the shoulders on Charlie Batch and I don't like it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieSteve View Post
    If we were ever going to lose to the Browns, this would be the week.

Our freaking playoff hopes lie on the shoulders on Charlie Batch and I don't like it
    Part of the game man, Browns know all about injuries. I think this is the first time we playing you guys with some what healthy roster. ha
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

vCash
    Batch needs to manage us mendenhall will go over 100 today

vCash

-Can't handle Yawktoberfest bruh!-

vCash

Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast