Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Pride of Cedar Rapids, Iowa!

vCash
    Could happen, but I bet not. They'll pull the pedal up in the final game or so, likely with the division locked up....not definite, just a prediction.

Couldn't happen to a better guy though, so good for him if he does.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mochalman View Post
    My friend, what it is?
    All I do is hit. I even hit your mother once. Yep, hit it good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Could happen, but I bet not. They'll pull the pedal up in the final game or so, likely with the division locked up....not definite, just a prediction.

Couldn't happen to a better guy though, so good for him if he does.
    They could be fighting for home field in the playoffs though.

Slap Hands!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekRE_3 View Post
    Especially with that god forsaken tie anybody know how that ties (see what I did here?) into seeding?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    It's plausible but unlikely. I don't see him getting to Brees. He'll need a big game against Arizona.
    He's going to get to Drew at least once. We're going to probably be starting an undrafted rookie at RT due to injuries. The Starter has been out a few weeks and the backup went down in the Raiders game

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekRE_3 View Post
    Ah good point. Well I think the schedule works in his favor of pulling it off. Dude is a beast. That front 7 is just not fair.

vCash
    IAOFM wants PFT to know thereís more to rushing the passer than just sacks

Aldon Smith wants Von Miller to know who leads the league in sacks

Quote:
    profootballtalk.nbcsports.com

Miller is a phenomenal player who was last yearís defensive rookie of the year, but Smith is making a strong case that heís the premier pass rusher from last yearís draft. Smith had 14 sacks last year to Millerís 11.5, and Smithís total of 29 sacks in his first 26 NFL games are the most any player has ever had in the first 26 games of his career.

Whether Smith or Miller is the better player may boil down to a matter of personal preference. Suffice to say, both the 49ers and the Broncos are very pleased with their first-round draft picks from last year.

Personal preference - or a willingness to look beyond the simple comfort of a traditional stat - as we were just discussing with our friends Mike Trout and Miguel Cabrera.

By PFF's accounting, Von has 61 pressures (13 sacks, 11 hits, 37 hurries) in 663 snaps (9.2%), while Smith has 43 pressures (15 sacks, 9 hits, 19 hurries) in 618 snaps 7.0%). It's not exactly a close call. The site's grades say the same thing - they have Von at +60.1, and Smith at +14.6.

According to Brian Burke, Von also beats Smith in WPA (1.10 to 0.70), EPA (48.0 to 34.5), and Success Count (44 to 37).

So, sure. Miller versus Smith is a matter of personal preference. Or, of thinking versus not thinking.

vCash
    who cares.

vCash
    I'm confused

Edit: nm, I had no idea he grew up in CR
    Last edited by jp611; 11-21-2012 at 01:03 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tp13baby View Post

Quote:

Miller is a phenomenal player who was last yearís defensive rookie of the year, but Smith is making a strong case that heís the premier pass rusher from last yearís draft. Smith had 14 sacks last year to Millerís 11.5, and Smithís total of 29 sacks in his first 26 NFL games are the most any player has ever had in the first 26 games of his career.

Whether Smith or Miller is the better player may boil down to a matter of personal preference. Suffice to say, both the 49ers and the Broncos are very pleased with their first-round draft picks from last year.

Personal preference - or a willingness to look beyond the simple comfort of a traditional stat - as we were just discussing with our friends Mike Trout and Miguel Cabrera.

By PFF's accounting, Von has 61 pressures (13 sacks, 11 hits, 37 hurries) in 663 snaps (9.2%), while Smith has 43 pressures (15 sacks, 9 hits, 19 hurries) in 618 snaps 7.0%). It's not exactly a close call. The site's grades say the same thing - they have Von at +60.1, and Smith at +14.6.

According to Brian Burke, Von also beats Smith in WPA (1.10 to 0.70), EPA (48.0 to 34.5), and Success Count (44 to 37).

So, sure. Miller versus Smith is a matter of personal preference. Or, of thinking versus not thinking.
    Just a heads up. Its not very welcomed around here defending or liking a Bronco player while on main. Save it for the Broncos forum.

Me and my Boy.
    No halo.
    Thank you PSD for your support and prayers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tp13baby View Post

Quote:

So because Miller has more hurries than Smith in 45 more snaps, while being close to hits and beaten in sacks, he's far and away better. Riiiiiight. Tackles are also separated by a very slim margin. So to recap, in exactly 45 more snaps played than Smith, while being statistically equal or beaten in all categories but one by Smith, he's better.

vCash
    Hell yea! I live in Marion, Iowa! Whats good?!
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Especially with that god forsaken tie anybody know how that ties (see what I did here?) into seeding?
    Well, its one less loss, so we will still be ahead of those teams with that. It's basically a half game like in baseball. If we finish 11-4-1 and a another team finishes 11-5 we would be ahead of them. if a team finishes 12-4 we'd be behind them
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Well, its one less loss, so we will still be ahead of those teams with that. It's basically a half game like in baseball. If we finish 11-4-1 and a another team finishes 11-5 we would be ahead of them. if a team finishes 12-4 we'd be behind them
    Alright, so the pressure is actually on teams to have more wins than we do at the end, some reason thought it was the other way around that because we had the tie we'd need more wins.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast