Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who should the 49ers start?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alex "The Phoenix" Smith

25 34.72%
  • Colin "The Future" Kaepernick.

47 65.28%
Page 8 of 70 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dulcetpine View Post
    I remember him throwing a couple of gorgeous dimes to Vernon Davis against the Saints in the playoffs with the game on the line...
    lol right that was the first thing that came to my mind when I read his post. That deep ball to Davis down the left sideline off his back foot that set up the bootleg touchdown was a thing of beauty. That was a way better throw than the Kaepernick-Williams throw.

But there's no point in responding to that stuff because when people who start saying false things like "that one throw was better than anything i've ever seen Smith do" or something like that, that's what is known as cognitive bias. They tend to only remember things that support their argument and forget things that hurt their argument. That defeats any credibility of their argument.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dulcetpine View Post
    I remember him throwing a couple of gorgeous dimes to Vernon Davis against the Saints in the playoffs with the game on the line...
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    I also remember him throwing two perfect balls to Vernon Davis as well against the Giants
    I am SOOOO glad you guys both said this because it illustrates another point I've tried to make several times about Smith. You guys are always saying how Smith is more familiar with Davis. They have a good rapport. Smith trusts Davis so that's where he goes for big plays. Kearpernick SPLIT reps with Smith this week. He should have no rapport with anyone by that theory yet he steps in and makes big plays to Manningham, KW, Vernon, Crabtree and had Walker drop another dime (although shorter) later in the game. Smith is intelligent and does have physical ability which allows him to function. He just doesn't have "IT". Something just isn't there. There's nothing "special" that makes a team feel like "oh crap, we gotta play Alex Smith this week".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tapajafri View Post
    lol right that was the first thing that came to my mind when I read his post. That deep ball to Davis down the left sideline off his back foot that set up the bootleg touchdown was a thing of beauty. That was a way better throw than the Kaepernick-Williams throw.

But there's no point in responding to that stuff because when people who start saying false things like "that one throw was better than anything i've ever seen Smith do" or something like that, that's what is known as cognitive bias. They tend to only remember things that support their argument and forget things that hurt their argument. That defeats any credibility of their argument.
    That was indeed one HELL of a throw. So was the first one to Davis in the title game.

vCash
    People are just judging CK on last night. He did play almost 3.5 quarters against the Rams too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by STAT1 View Post
    People are just judging CK on last night. He did play almost 3.5 quarters against the Rams too.
    And I thought he played pretty well considering. He played poorly early missing some wide open plays, but once he got into the game he played better and better. With some prep...bazinga!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    Watching last night and watching Alex all these years.... based on 1 start from CK... the only area that I see Alex > CK in is experience. CK made all the reads, all the throws, even threw the ball out of bounds, etc etc.
    Kap missed some reads last night, but so does every QB. He did great last night, but... Remember this name Troy Smith? Remember all the hype about him after he beat Denver in London? He was a Heisman trophy winner, and started with a pretty "hot hand". However, that didn't last long.

Now, I believe that Kap is in fact better than Troy Smith. But the point is I think people are getting a bit carried away from 1 start.
    "All we care about are wins, stats are for losers" - Justin Smith
    "We're the San Francisco 49ers. We can do whatever we want" - Jim Harbaugh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcheeze View Post
    Kap missed some reads last night, but so does every QB. He did great last night, but... Remember this name Troy Smith? Remember all the hype about him after he beat Denver in London? He was a Heisman trophy winner, and started with a pretty "hot hand". However, that didn't last long.

Now, I believe that Kap is in fact better than Troy Smith. But the point is I think people are getting a bit carried away from 1 start.
    I see what you're saying, but Troy Smith was significantly less talented, significatly smaller, and significantly less dedicated (going home for a week during the bye right after being named the starter).

vCash
    According to metrics Kaep had an incredible debut.

It would be one thing it were just us fans being excited, but the football world is buzzing.

vCash
    Chad Henne threw for 350 and 4 TDs on Houston, sample size is fun. There's a reason Smith beat out Kaepernick. Stick with Smith and then have an open competition in the offseason. Kaep has a higher ceiling, but in the middle of a great season (and Smith's best) is not the time to do this

Soon...

vCash
    Chad Henne also has proven to be a serviceable starting QB so that sample size argument is terrible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle916 View Post
    Chad Henne also has proven to be a serviceable starting QB so that sample size argument is terrible.
    He's not the type of QB to torch a top defense like that. He's not very good. Alex is 26 for his last 28 with 4 TDs he's been playing well enough where he shouldn't be benched based off one good game from Kaep. The timing of this situation is awkward, but I think next year the job should be Kaep's if he can beat out Smith

Soon...

vCash
    I'm not choosing sides I'm just saying it's a bad example to use.

9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash
    It's fine if you don't believe CK should start yet, or if you don't believe in him period. But comparing him to anyone that Harbaugh didn't trade up for, or Harbaugh hasn't endorsed or coached since he came to the franchise is moot.
    Unless you believe that Harbaugh is just an average NFL coach, like Singletary. I have believed he is something much more special, as a coach and as a man, therefore I cannot put the same stock in something some other coach did in history with a few exceptions, that I put in something he does for the 49ers.
    Last edited by lol, please; 11-20-2012 at 07:33 PM.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mdlr52192 View Post
    Chad Henne threw for 350 and 4 TDs on Houston, sample size is fun. There's a reason Smith beat out Kaepernick. Stick with Smith and then have an open competition in the offseason. Kaep has a higher ceiling, but in the middle of a great season (and Smith's best) is not the time to do this
    That's stupid argument because we also have a sample of poor games from Henne. It's not the stats that are making us argue for Kaepernick starting. It's the throws he's making. He made some throws in that game that only the elite QBs make. I'm not an Alex hater. I've been one of his strongest supporters, but the fact is, Colin can make certain throws that Alex will never be able to make. He forces defense to drop back out of the box. It will open up the running game even more too.

vCash
    By the way, I can't believe that NinerHomer and I are arguing on the same side of an issue that involves Alex Smith LOL

Page 8 of 70 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast