Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who should the 49ers start?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alex "The Phoenix" Smith

25 34.72%
  • Colin "The Future" Kaepernick.

47 65.28%
Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2060686970
Results 1,036 to 1,045 of 1045
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Nobody is going to give us a 2nd or 3rd round pick for Alex Smith. Even if we keep him past the March 1st date, teams know for a fact that there is no way we will keep him past the April 1st date and pay him his entire salary. If a team really wants him, they'll just wait until we release him before surrendering that high of a pick. Maybe we get a 5th rounder for him, at best.
    I disagree. A team that doesn't believe Alex would actually choose to play there might trade for him knowing it's the only way to get him. Knowing he might actually have a couple of options as a FA, a team in turmoil with no weapons like say,,, the Jets might think trading is the only way to get him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange&Black55 View Post
    I disagree. A team that doesn't believe Alex would actually choose to play there might trade for him knowing it's the only way to get him. Knowing he might actually have a couple of options as a FA, a team in turmoil with no weapons like say,,, the Jets might think trading is the only way to get him.
    Well, I disagree with you. First, I don't think Alex will have a ton of options. Some teams will be interested, but not a lot of teams. I'm willing to bet 2-3 teams. However, Alex won't be any of those teams only option. I would bet anything that nobody is surrendering a 3rd round pick or higher for Alex Smith. We'd be lucky to get a 5th.

vCash
    Well, I disagree with you. First, I don't think Alex will have a ton of options. Some teams will be interested, but not a lot of teams. I'm willing to bet 2-3 teams. However, Alex won't be any of those teams only option. I would bet anything that nobody is surrendering a 3rd round pick or higher for Alex Smith. We'd be lucky to get a 5th.
    This

vCash
    Unfortunately, I think you're right. As much as Smith as improved over the last two seasons, it's pretty obvious that the team is built to keep games close and wait for a mistake from the opponent. Smith is very smart, but he doesn't strike fear into anyone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange&Black55 View Post
    While I hold Alex a little higher than most here do, I don't think teams will sacrifice high draft choices for him. Because really if you look at the teams that will want him, they are going to need those draft's if he's going to stand any chance of winning.

I see if things keep going the way they look to be... Alex getting cut and some team picking him up on a close to $8-10 mil a year deal for 2 - 3 yrs.
    "All we care about are wins, stats are for losers" - Justin Smith
    "We're the San Francisco 49ers. We can do whatever we want" - Jim Harbaugh

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    vCash
    I say we pay the bonus and trade him to KC, just to insure he doesn't end up in Arizona

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OREcoast49er View Post
    I say we pay the bonus and trade him to KC, just to insure he doesn't end up in Arizona
    I'd be happy with that... then my wife and I get to go to a Bronco's game and root for KC wearing a KC & SF Alex jersey!

vCash
    Isnt Smith due a 3 mil roster bonus in March? this as well as his 8mil salary? hell be cut

“Just gobble, gobble, gobble, turkey from jive turkey gobblers”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by miller74 View Post
    Isnt Smith due a 3 mil roster bonus in March? this as well as his 8mil salary? hell be cut
    I believe it's 1 mil in March. And the full 7.5 mil on April 1st. If I remember correctly it's mid March when trades can start, so there is like a 2+ week window before his full salary becomes due.

vCash
    It was pointed out that Kaep has a 4th quarter QBR of 99.2 since taking the starting role.

His QBR is also the highest among a player's first 4 starts since they started using the metric 5 years ago.

Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2060686970