Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who should the 49ers start?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alex "The Phoenix" Smith

25 34.72%
  • Colin "The Future" Kaepernick.

47 65.28%
Page 60 of 70 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcheeze View Post
    You do realize that the Rams (i.e Fisher) defensively schemed to:

1) Take away the deep ball. That is why they played so far of the receivers.
    2) Put pressure on the QB so he had to make quick short passes.

It worked, as Kaep had his least successful game. My bet is he just gave the rest of the NFL a formula to beat us with Kaep under center.
    So we had an offense with no deep ball, had to live on underneath passing and efficiently completed 67.7% of those passes... I guess I missed the part where Alex playing that game makes our offense more productive or how that description is different than a typical Smith game. If taking away the deep ball is a blue print to beat us...how did we ever win before? Was it your 2nd point...the pressure on the QB? We've pointed out how well Alex does under pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by bigcheeze View Post
    However against the Pat's with Belichick - it's going to be a beotch!

I live in New England - almost all my friends and family are Pat fans, and I usually watch about 80% of their games/year including this year. I'm going to have a lot to say about this matchup next week. I don't think we'll win (the Pats haven't lost at home in December since 2002 with Brady/Bellichick at the helm)...but I'll say this: NE losing Edleman is big for us...as we saw with Amendola...We don't do well with those quick, shifty slot guys. We'll have our hands full with Welker...but my prediction was that we gameplan around Welker and Edleman goes off. So that's 1 relief.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBruins17 View Post
    So we had an offense with no deep ball, had to live on underneath passing and efficiently completed 67.7% of those passes... I guess I missed the part where Alex playing that game makes our offense more productive or how that description is different than a typical Smith game. If taking away the deep ball is a blue print to beat us...how did we ever win before? Was it your 2nd point...the pressure on the QB? We've pointed out how well Alex does under pressure.

I live in New England - almost all my friends and family are Pat fans, and I usually watch about 80% of their games/year including this year. I'm going to have a lot to say about this matchup next week. I don't think we'll win (the Pats haven't lost at home in December since 2002 with Brady/Bellichick at the helm)...but I'll say this: NE losing Edleman is big for us...as we saw with Amendola...We don't do well with those quick, shifty slot guys. We'll have our hands full with Welker...but my prediction was that we gameplan around Welker and Edleman goes off. So that's 1 relief.
    No Gronkowski is also HUGE.

Ok Trent, so the doorway out is that way?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    No Gronkowski is also HUGE.
    Oh, sure. Haven't seen his latest time table...but I remember when they originally said "4-6 weeks"...if it was the 4 end...there was a glimmer he could play against us.

The trouble is...

The Pats are coming out of the AFC (again ...)this year. Period. Close the book. End of discussion.

The closest thing to a suitor for knocking them off in January isn't Houston. It's Denver. And even then....IF they face each other, it's probably going to be at Gillette where they lit up the Bronco's D once.

If Houston's D, lacking their QB in Cushing, can give up 30+ in back to back weeks against Jacksonville and Detroit...there's some fragility there, and if there's fragility, Bill's crew will spot it, and you just don't understand what Tom Brady could do to that team in the postseason. It really doesn't matter who's home. I honest to God believe that, win or lose, this Monday night game will look NOTHING like it might if those teams face off for all the AFC marbles next month.

Yes, I recognize Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and Indi will probably be involved too. No, they will not challenge this years Patriots team so long as 12 is healthy.

ALL THAT SAID...

If we reach OUR goal and return to New Orleans in February.... rest assured we'll be playing New England. And not only will Gronk be back for that... you'll see what outcoaching really looks like.

vCash

Amazing Rebuttal to Whitley's Ignorant Article

vCash
    Normally I would say this is off topic and a non story, but it's about Kaepernick, and we can never have too many threads about Kaepernick around here.

I read this earlier, pretty cool stuff, I was going to make a thread about how much of a class act CK is and how it's hard not to like him but felt that it would be overdoing the knob slobbering so decided against it. Anyone watch 49ers Central today? Does anyone watch it besides me?

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    What did I just read exactly?

GIANTSNINERSWARRIORS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hd1906 View Post
    What did I just read exactly?
    It was satirizing David Whitley's ignorant, controversial article that caused a buzz last week.

If you never read the original, you wouldn't understand most of the humor/jabs in the Tortoise piece. This was said original...

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/stor...contract-draft

vCash
    Lol that was awesome... especially the unnecessary stab at Jemarcus Russel!
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!

49ers = 7-8
    Warriors = 23-3 Making it rain!
    A's =
    WINNING!

vCash
    Yes now that I've actually read the other article it's all clear now, Alex smith is the turtle..

GIANTSNINERSWARRIORS

vCash
    Bummer

GIANTSNINERSWARRIORS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BKLYNpigeon View Post
    Jim Harbaugh and his coaching staff knows more about the 49ers and football then any of you guys.

I trust his opinion.
    So then by this you trust his/their playcalling and that reverse option pitch or whatever you want to call it was a good call on 3rd and 3...These coaches are always right

Alex wouldn't had made our offense more productive, but he also wouldn't have ran back 15 yards for a safety or fumbled the pitch for a TD... What now?
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    http://www.ninersnation.com/2012/12/...rams#131119391

Excellent read breaking down Kaps game against the Rams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dulcetpine View Post
    http://www.ninersnation.com/2012/12/...rams#131119391

Excellent read breaking down Kaps game against the Rams.
    You mean, "excellent breaking down of 3 plays against the Rams."

vCash
    There are only 2 advantages you can give Kaep over Alex. The deep ball/small windowed throws (which to some extent I'll argue), and the fact Kaep is faster and more elusive than Alex (which only a blind, def, dumb person could argue).

So when a defense takes those away, and makes Kaep throw quickly and have to adjust protection at the line... it is where it breaks down. Alex is a MUCH better touch/underneath passer than Kaep is (for now), and he has much more experience reading D's and can adjust protection better.

With the way our team is built, all we need at QB is a smart, reliable, almost error free "game manager" to win almost every game. For the times when something needs to happen, Alex has proved he can do it (Saint's play off game of course being the biggest example of it), right now Kaep hasn't PROVED he can do ANY of this.

It's going to be a very very tough game no matter which QB is under center... heck which ever TEAM has to go into NE it's going to be tough. But, while I will give the edge in the long shots throws to Kaep, I believe a smart QB who can adjust the protection & calls plus a very good showing by our D (that doesn't happen we won't win no matter who's under center), and of course we execute we can beat NE @ home in December. This was one of those games I circled when the schedule came out of course as a possible loss. So I do think either QB can lose, but I feel Alex gives us a slight edge.
    "All we care about are wins, stats are for losers" - Justin Smith
    "We're the San Francisco 49ers. We can do whatever we want" - Jim Harbaugh

vCash
    ^

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

Page 60 of 70 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 ... LastLast