Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Who should the 49ers start?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alex "The Phoenix" Smith

    25 34.72%
  • Colin "The Future" Kaepernick.

    47 65.28%
Page 59 of 70 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
Results 871 to 885 of 1045
  1. #871
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Amidst A Giants Dynasty: 3in5
    Posts
    32,515
    vCash
    1279
    Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    Execution falls on players. Great players execute, bad ones don't. I personally think the team does have some offensive talent now. I didn't think it had any talent (wrong on my part) before the start of last season...


    Let's not kid ourselves. This 49er offense has never been top 5... even top 10. It's right around average. There's room for improvement, and frankly that's where the 49ers need to improve if they want to win a superbowl.
    I think we have the potential to be a top 5 offense with Kaepernick once he gets settled in and they are firing on all cylinders.


    Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

    lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana


    Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

  2. #872
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    23,302
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    I think we have the potential to be a top 5 offense with Kaepernick once he gets settled in and they are firing on all cylinders.
    I agree with that. Next year I see us rushing for 2500 yards as a team and passing for about 3500, while our defense is top 3 again. ****ing epic!
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  3. #873
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    5,130
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    well, the season average is 37% for the team... and those 3 games are about 37% so CK might have slightly better #s, but they aren't much better if that. I don't actually have time to go through all of the games and actually calculate it, I'm supposed to be doing training, but got bored. lol

    3rd down Kaep appears to be more successful but the numbers suggest otherwise.


    Frankly, they might just be equal! I mean if Kaep wins this week, he's 3-1 while Smith is 6-2 as starter. to quote My cousin vinny, "I-CLAP-Dentical!"


    Kaep adds two dimensions, arm strength and mobility, but removes experience and game management ability.

    Let's put it this way, the first coach in over a decade to do anything good with the 49ers just benched an 8 year veteran having his best season for a 2nd year QB who has never played. And the numbers show that they just might be EQUAL!

    Overall I think niner fans are 60/40 for Kaep... The national media are more like 80/20 for Kaep.
    2012 World Series Champs Auto Checklist: Jeremy Affeldt, Javier Lopez (2), Ryan Vogelsong, George Kontos (2), Buster Posey, Brian Sabean, Bruce Bochy, Brandon Crawford, Sergio Romo, Barry Zito...

  4. #874
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    16,770
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    3rd down Kaep appears to be more successful but the numbers suggest otherwise.


    Frankly, they might just be equal! I mean if Kaep wins this week, he's 3-1 while Smith is 6-2 as starter. to quote My cousin vinny, "I-CLAP-Dentical!"


    Kaep adds two dimensions, arm strength and mobility, but removes experience and game management ability.

    Let's put it this way, the first coach in over a decade to do anything good with the 49ers just benched an 8 year veteran having his best season for a 2nd year QB who has never played. And the numbers show that they just might be EQUAL!

    Overall I think niner fans are 60/40 for Kaep... The national media are more like 80/20 for Kaep.
    This is where I start to look at JH and Roman to start making slight adjustments to the offense.

  5. #875
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,152
    vCash
    1500
    Equal? Alex beat Detroit, Green Bay in Green Bay, and Seattle, Arizona on the road, the Jets ok give him a pass there and the Bills ok another pass.

    Colin beat the worst defense in the league with the Saints where 14pts were off Drew's ints, a regression from the Bear game which he played very well minus Jay Cutler....

    Does anyone really believe he will play poorly against the Dolphins? If he does then you have to consider going to Alex....

    My opinion this is a business decision not to pay Alex next year....

  6. #876
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Nothern Colorado
    Posts
    1,951
    vCash
    1500
    You guys see this?

    http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-s...65&feedID=5936

    So why didn't it work out for the Dolphins to sign Smith?

    "You'd have to ask him," Philbin said. "I don't know."

    Did the Dolphins make an offer?

    "We had a great visit, and I'll leave it at that," Philbin said. "You should talk to him. In any relationship, it takes two sides to tango. I think you should certainly ask him about that. But I have nothing but good things to say about our visit. I really enjoyed him."
    Sounds to me that Alex was just kicking the tires, and maybe even trying to send a message that other teams were interested. However, he never had a desire to be any place but the 49ers.

    Which is probably what all the other teams thought/knew and didn't bother to even talk to him.
    "All we care about are wins, stats are for losers" - Justin Smith
    "We're the San Francisco 49ers. We can do whatever we want" - Jim Harbaugh

  7. #877
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,863
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon11 View Post
    Oh yeah? Go watch the Cardinals game, the last one he played. Ever pass he made was right on the money.
    Oh yeah! Go back and watch the Cardinals game. He made some very nice throws but no...every throw was NOT on the money. On the money means the receiver does not need to alter his stride to catch the ball other than a slight slow or slight increase (since most routes shouldn't be run at 100% anyway) to adjust to the ball.

    Look at CKs throw to KW vs Chicago. That was on the money. Look at CKs throw to Walker vs the Saints (the 45 yarder). That was on the money.

    Look at Alex's throw to Walker vs the Cardinals that got them in the red zone in the 1st quarter. Good throw? Sure...good "enough" if that phrase is in your vocabulary. Where I don't like that Walker jumped for the ball, I can see why he did. The ball was thrown in a way that Walker needed to turn his body back to the QB. Why? Because the ball was behind him. By a lot? Of course not, but the intent of a play like that is to allow the guy to run to the ball.

    Or what about the one that Walker caught (feels wierd writing that...lol) that was tipped? Please don't try to tell me that wouldn't have been picked if it wasn't tipped!

    Or...look at Crabtree's catch on 3rd and long where he was tackled short. Good enough throw again, but Crabtree is breaking away from Peterson and literally has to stop to catch it and start again. Does Peterson get a hand on him causing him to stumble and ultimately end up short by a yard if he doesn't have to stop?

    Look at Manninghams 20+ yard catch vs the Jets. A better throw and he probably scores. He has to turn a complete 180 from the direction he's running to catch the ball.

  8. #878
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,932
    vCash
    1500
    The Kaepernick, Jenkins and James era isn't that far away. That I get. In 3-4 years, those guys will be the cornerstone of this offense and they all could bring us to a ring in 5 years. I'm not saying thats impossible. I'm saying that I don't want that era to start at the cost of closing the small window opening of winning a Super Bowl this year. That Alex Smith has brought us to the brink of a Super Bowl, so why mess with that mid-season. Whether I think Kaepernick will be successful next year and beyond is irrelevant, I've accepted that he is the future. He's just not the present.

  9. #879
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    troy, ny
    Posts
    410
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastSportz View Post
    The Kaepernick, Jenkins and James era isn't that far away. That I get. In 3-4 years, those guys will be the cornerstone of this offense and they all could bring us to a ring in 5 years. I'm not saying thats impossible. I'm saying that I don't want that era to start at the cost of closing the small window opening of winning a Super Bowl this year. That Alex Smith has brought us to the brink of a Super Bowl, so why mess with that mid-season. Whether I think Kaepernick will be successful next year and beyond is irrelevant, I've accepted that he is the future. He's just not the present.
    Exactly.

    Not up to us, unfortunately.

  10. #880
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,863
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastSportz View Post
    The Kaepernick, Jenkins and James era isn't that far away. That I get. In 3-4 years, those guys will be the cornerstone of this offense and they all could bring us to a ring in 5 years. I'm not saying thats impossible. I'm saying that I don't want that era to start at the cost of closing the small window opening of winning a Super Bowl this year. That Alex Smith has brought us to the brink of a Super Bowl, so why mess with that mid-season. Whether I think Kaepernick will be successful next year and beyond is irrelevant, I've accepted that he is the future. He's just not the present.
    Because I don't believe they will win the SB with Alex unless something unusual happens. I think the defense is good enough to shut people down when they're not on their game. When they are (like the Saints in the 4th quarter of the playoff game last year) they can still move the ball and still score. The logic of "Alex is good enough" with this defense and running game is just flawed logic. It's accepting a weak spot and hoping opponents don't play their best. Basically, I want to know that the team is as good as it can be going into a game and let the chips fall where they may. Kaepernick is better than Smith. Smith has an experience edge for sure and seems to be better and changing stuff at the line, but is simply not as good at executing the play. When the play breaks down or something happens that Smith is not expecting he is not incapable, but is very limited on the possibility of a positive outcome to the play. FYI...a 5 yard check down which goes down in the stat sheet as a positive play...is NOT a positive play if a window for a 40 yard gain was passed up. What that actually is...is 35 yds left on the field.

  11. #881
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Nothern Colorado
    Posts
    1,951
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    Because I don't believe they will win the SB with Alex unless something unusual happens. I think the defense is good enough to shut people down when they're not on their game. When they are (like the Saints in the 4th quarter of the playoff game last year) they can still move the ball and still score. The logic of "Alex is good enough" with this defense and running game is just flawed logic. It's accepting a weak spot and hoping opponents don't play their best. Basically, I want to know that the team is as good as it can be going into a game and let the chips fall where they may. Kaepernick is better than Smith. Smith has an experience edge for sure and seems to be better and changing stuff at the line, but is simply not as good at executing the play. When the play breaks down or something happens that Smith is not expecting he is not incapable, but is very limited on the possibility of a positive outcome to the play. FYI...a 5 yard check down which goes down in the stat sheet as a positive play...is NOT a positive play if a window for a 40 yard gain was passed up. What that actually is...is 35 yds left on the field.
    All I can say is that many people had the 49ers a SB favorite at the start of the season, and it wasn't in spite of Alex - it was at least including or because of Alex. I see nothing that caused that to change.
    "All we care about are wins, stats are for losers" - Justin Smith
    "We're the San Francisco 49ers. We can do whatever we want" - Jim Harbaugh

  12. #882
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Gentrified Brooklyn
    Posts
    4,362
    vCash
    1500
    Jim Harbaugh and his coaching staff knows more about the 49ers and football then any of you guys.

    I trust his opinion.

  13. #883
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,165
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    I also love how people think this offense is tailored for Alex and some change needs to be made to accommodate Kaepernick like it never occurred to anyone but myself that the offense could have been tailored for Kaepernick (his guy) all along, and Alex was just filling the position until CK was ready.

    If we win a Super Bowl with CK I wonder how many #TeamAlex members will remain bitter about the situation and won't let it go and embrace positive change. This is real life, not a fairy tale in which you get the happy ending (or ending for a QB rather) of your dreams. The reality is that Alex may never win a SB under center, and that his best years may easily be eclipsed by Kaepernicks future resume and he may soon be all but forgotten by the majority of the fans and left to an afterthought, like Garcia. Oh yea, that guy. You never know, we will just have to wait and see.
    My god, how many times does it have to be said! #TeamAlex would be ENTHRALLED if Kaep does well, we know he is the future! We just want Alex to finish out the season, because we feel he gives us the better chance...


    True MVP 49ers 2012

  14. #884
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,165
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BKLYNpigeon View Post
    Jim Harbaugh and his coaching staff knows more about the 49ers and football then any of you guys.

    I trust his opinion.
    You know i do mostly agree with this comment, but you have to remember that Harbaugh is in his second year of coaching and coaches make mistakes all the time.


    True MVP 49ers 2012

  15. #885
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    470
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    I agree with this completely. We don't need the "extra" stuff Kaep brings to the table because it also brings a weakness as well.
    Completely agree! With his bigger arm, more risk taking combined with young equals more mistakes and we don't need that this late in the season when your team is already superbowl favorites.

Page 59 of 70 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •