Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who should the 49ers start?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alex "The Phoenix" Smith

25 34.72%
  • Colin "The Future" Kaepernick.

47 65.28%
Page 57 of 70 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Again, some people get so defensive of Alex that they throw the word "hater" around loosely. It's possible to support the swap without hating the other guy. I've got it, anyone who thinks Alex gives us the better chance to win...I'm going to start calling them "Kaep Haters"

Ridiculous.
    Last edited by GoBruins17; 12-05-2012 at 01:21 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBruins17 View Post
    Again, some people get so defensive of Alex that they throw the word "hater" around loosely. It's possible to support the swap without hating the other guy. I've got it, anyone who thinks Alex gives us the better chance to win...I'm going to start calling them "Kaep Haters"

Ridiculous.
    How is it ridiculous to think Alex does give us a better chance to win? Most people who are defending Alex know that Kaep is the future, but his time is just not now. I'd go by saying thinking Kaep is the future and is better now, is a better version called, "Alex hater".

True MVP 49ers 2012

vCash
    If it felt like they weren't letting Kaepernick loose on Sunday -- here are some numbers that back it up.

In his first two starts, 10 of his 48 attempts were classified as deep. About 21% of the time. He went 5/10 for over 180 yards on those plays. Aside from yards, when you're apt to throw the ball 20+ yards down the field once every fifth attempt...defenses have to play honest...and it opens up underneath space for Yards After Catch.

In the Rams game, just 2 of his 32 attempts were classified as deep. About 6.3% of the time. He went 1/2 for 30 yards on those plays. In fact, 14 of the 21 completions were good for less than 10 yards including yards after catch. And the majority of Kaep's designed runs came in the 4th quarter.

Best to my knowledge, they didn't make the switch because they thought Kaepernick was better at running an ultra conservative playbook.
    Or how about the fact that changing an entire offensive system late into the season isn't that easy?

True MVP 49ers 2012

vCash
    Its hard to not feel like Alex Smith gives them a better chance to win now. Why? Because, since Harbaugh came here, the 49ers HAVE been winning with Alex. Thats not an opinion either. Thats a irrefutable statement. Thats why I don't get the Kaep supporters for this season. Kaep beat the Saints, Bears and lost to the Rams. Alex beat the Saints during the playoffs, he beat the Rams last season and the last time they played the Bears was in 2009. Oh yeah..they won that game too.

I know the hardcore Kaep band-wagoners will say that the defense won those games for Alex, but don't realize that the defense won them the games against Chicago and the Saints with Kaep starting as well.

vCash
    See, this doesn't make sense.

You're saying that we'll continue to be successful because we won't have to rely on our QB. If we have to rely on our QB, you'd 'probably say Kaep is a better option'?

I mean, really think about what you're saying here. If you trust all your chips to the defense, anyway...then it doesn't matter who is in, right? Because if the defense holds a team to 13 points, you need 14 to win the game. And it doesn't sound like you're saying Alex is better equipped to get to 14.

But if we have to play catchup ball ... in other words ... we NEED our QB to make some plays and get some points, right? You'd rather have Kaep. So I'm thoroughly confused.

And you trust it never will be?
    Alex does a great job not making mistakes and playing solid football very accurate, smart and pretty athletic. But he does lack arm stregnth that Kaep has and long ball accuracy. So say if Alex Smith and Kaep were the best players on the team and the defense sucked. If we're needing to play catch up ball all the time we wouldnt have a shot at the superbowl or the playoffs pobably for that matter. And if that was the case then yes you put in Kaep to see what he can do. But now, right now having a balanced team all around run game, passing game, defense, and special teams is what we have. So why put in someone that is inexperienced and will make mistakes because of his experience now, when we're fit for a superbowl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JCkrazzy View Post
    Alex does a great job not making mistakes and playing solid football very accurate, smart and pretty athletic. But he does lack arm stregnth that Kaep has and long ball accuracy. So say if Alex Smith and Kaep were the best players on the team and the defense sucked. If we're needing to play catch up ball all the time we wouldnt have a shot at the superbowl or the playoffs pobably for that matter. And if that was the case then yes you put in Kaep to see what he can do. But now, right now having a balanced team all around run game, passing game, defense, and special teams is what we have. So why put in someone that is inexperienced and will make mistakes because of his experience now, when we're fit for a superbowl.
    And another problem is that we don't have an offensive gameplay to all of a sudden throw in a big arm and rack up points. Greg Roman and Harbaugh have being doing what we are doing for two years. There's a chance (even though its going down) that Roman may leave this off season, and thats when you get a different coach in and make an offense suited for Kaepernick.

True MVP 49ers 2012

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon11 View Post
    How is it ridiculous to think Alex does give us a better chance to win? Most people who are defending Alex know that Kaep is the future, but his time is just not now. I'd go by saying thinking Kaep is the future and is better now, is a better version called, "Alex hater".
    Agreed!! Like I said before, those who are in support of the switch has made it seem as if those who are against it doesn't like Kaep and won't support him, which is so far from the truth. Just because we aren't worshipping the ground he walks on or labeling him the savior of our season, which didn't need saving, doesn't mean we don't realize that he is the future. We simply disagree with the timing of giving him the throne. In their eyes though he can do no wrong and he is guaranteed to lead us to the SB. Notice how many excuses they made for him giving the Rams points, when he himself accepted responsibility for giving them points lol. Just ignore them!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownSouth49er View Post
    Agreed!! Like I said before, those who are in support of the switch has made it seem as if those who are against it doesn't like Kaep and won't support him, which is so far from the truth. Just because we aren't worshipping the ground he walks on or labeling him the savior of our season, which didn't need saving, doesn't mean we don't realize that he is the future. We simply disagree with the timing of giving him the throne. In their eyes though he can do no wrong and he is guaranteed to lead us to the SB. Notice how many excuses they made for him giving the Rams points, when he himself accepted responsibility for giving them points lol. Just ignore them!!
    I think its just something they can use to argue back with since what want to doesn't hold much ground.

True MVP 49ers 2012

vCash
    Both sides of this issue have dug in. We all support the team, clearly, but some of us support Smith and other support Kap.

I am seriously disappointed that we are even talking about this type of thing so late within a season of which we are supposed to be contending for a Super Bowl. Talk about a sideshow and a distraction....

vCash
    I agree with this completely. We don't need the "extra" stuff Kaep brings to the table because it also brings a weakness as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Actually no...he's not. His completion % is high and very misleading. He does throw some passes very well. Like ones to Davis. Other than that the receivers usually have to lunge, slow significanlty (hindering their YAC), or jump for what should be routine throw/catches. That and his reluctance to take a risk are my big gripes with him.

vCash
    If it felt like they weren't letting Kaepernick loose on Sunday -- here are some numbers that back it up.

In his first two starts, 10 of his 48 attempts were classified as deep. About 21% of the time. He went 5/10 for over 180 yards on those plays. Aside from yards, when you're apt to throw the ball 20+ yards down the field once every fifth attempt...defenses have to play honest...and it opens up underneath space for Yards After Catch.

In the Rams game, just 2 of his 32 attempts were classified as deep. About 6.3% of the time. He went 1/2 for 30 yards on those plays. In fact, 14 of the 21 completions were good for less than 10 yards including yards after catch. And the majority of Kaep's designed runs came in the 4th quarter.

Best to my knowledge, they didn't make the switch because they thought Kaepernick was better at running an ultra conservative playbook.
    You do realize that the Rams (i.e Fisher) defensively schemed to:

1) Take away the deep ball. That is why they played so far of the receivers.
    2) Put pressure on the QB so he had to make quick short passes.

It worked, as Kaep had his least successful game. My bet is he just gave the rest of the NFL a formula to beat us with Kaep under center. Let's see if both our coaching staff and Kaep can adjust and win games. It will be a decent test this week - as Miami has a pretty good defense and are pretty stout against the run. However against the Pat's with Belichick - it's going to be a beotch!
    "All we care about are wins, stats are for losers" - Justin Smith
    "We're the San Francisco 49ers. We can do whatever we want" - Jim Harbaugh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    Actually no...he's not. His completion % is high and very misleading. He does throw some passes very well. Like ones to Davis. Other than that the receivers usually have to lunge, slow significanlty (hindering their YAC), or jump for what should be routine throw/catches. That and his reluctance to take a risk are my big gripes with him.
    Oh yeah? Go watch the Cardinals game, the last one he played. Ever pass he made was right on the money.

True MVP 49ers 2012

vCash
    Until we fix the play calling, it will never matter who we have at QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    Until we fix the play calling, it will never matter who we have at QB.
    This.

Page 57 of 70 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast