Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who should the 49ers start?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alex "The Phoenix" Smith

25 34.72%
  • Colin "The Future" Kaepernick.

47 65.28%
Page 48 of 70 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    The gamefilm thing is such a weak argument. Divisional opponents play each other twice a year and still manage to have blow out games, its called the OC being creative and making changes, something that ours is not.
    Serioulsy, who are you? The gamefilm thing is a weak argument? Are you kidding me? Do you understand how much gamefilm is watched by the coaches and players? Countless hours are. What the **** happened to you?

Quote Originally Posted by showtym24 View Post
    Watch when we win out with kaep. You're gonna feel stupid. Oh and by the way i like how you choose to ignore the bears and saints games.
    The Bears game was a damn good one for Kaep. The Saints game on the other hand, was not an awesome game. If the defense doesn't put up 14 points, it might have turned out differently.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    People still can't grasp the concept of A. when we get ahead we let off the gas and B. how the defense scoring kept our offense on the sideline in the NO game. It would have been the same result if Smith was in, so we'd be saying the same thing.
    The same thing happens with Smith. We get ahead, we take the foot off the pedal. Its so stupid.

There is no way in hell we should switch back to Smith now. That would kill Kaep. Bench him for having a terrible game? No...this is what Harbaugh did, he has to live with it. Why in the hell he made this switch KNOWING Kaep is going to have growing pains is beyond me...Past the halfway point and you're going to switch Qb's...thats a rookie dumbass coach move. Just ****ing stupid.

This loss is ALL on coaching.

1. Play calling was ********
    2. Kaep should not be starting over Smith

Plain and simple
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownSouth49er View Post
    You can't blame Ginn solely for that play. The play shouldn't have been called at that point and time, that's on Roman. Kaep flipped it high over Ginn's head, that's on Kaep, and Ginn like you said should have just tried to secure it by falling on it instead of trying to scoop it. So the blame for that play is split three ways and the execution of that play alone wasn't a sure lock for us to win the game. We coud have very well had a bad snap on the next play that the Rams recovered in the endzone or a fumble return for a TD, or a pick six. If Walker made that TD catch we would have been in better shape, and if Akers made his FG we would have won. The bottomline is over the course of a game several things happen to alter the outcome but it's much easier to point out the magnified play as the reason a team lost. Which was not the case today.
    Both teams did dumb things. But at the most crucial position not to turn the ball over, Kaep gave them points essentially, and Bradford didn't. If there's one theme on this season, its turnover battles win games. The Rams essentially showed us our tricks of old.

True MVP 49ers 2012

vCash
    I feel like this will be a terrible week. It's a week when I wish we will play on Thursday.

THE BEST DH IN SF GIANTS HISTORY!

2010 and 2012 World Series Champs !

vCash
    I can't say this enough about Harbaugh, Stop Lying its going to become a cancer in the locker room. Like I said before forget about sending the wrong message to your team by replacing your starter who "has done nothing to lose his job".

Be a MAN and treat your "Mighty Men" with respect.

You never wanted Alex which is why you drafted Kaep. You were shocked to see Alex has talent but tried to land Peyton Manning. Guys lets be honest, if Peyton signed with the 49ers Alex WOULD NOT have been offered a contract and Kaep would have taken over after the 3 year contract was completed.

Alex returns and plays great football, improving on the season before. Then Harbaugh and Roman come up with the dumbest wildcat package inserts against the NY GIANTS and get trounced.

Then you go and lie about saying Kaep isn't going to take over for Alex. You say he is an 'understudy". Elvis Grbac was an understudy..Kaep could have stayed back 1 more season and hey if Alex won the Superbowl you can't argue about him being the starter.....So when his contract expires you can go to the YOUNG Kaep and transition...

Too many lies for me to appreciate what all Harbaugh has done....Too much hard work put in by the players to for me to keep respecting Harbaugh...

Does Harbaugh really believe Justin Smith is easily replaceable? Seriously how many years does Justin have left? It's not just what he does for Aldon on the field, its his leadership and his example. You can't replace that with a rookie....

I expected better Jim Harbaugh...I really did......Kaep will be great, no doubt but Alex is the vet who, as everyone says, DOESN'T TURN THE BALL OVER.

Another point to make about why the veteran Smith should still be the starter.... Gore's rushing was not just a result of good blocking BUT ALSO because of Alex Smith's reading of the defense and calling an audible to Gore. Kaep needs more time to develop that understanding.....
    Last edited by Backto9erGlory; 12-03-2012 at 02:18 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Backto9erGlory View Post
    I can't say this enough about Harbaugh, Stop Lying its going to become a cancer in the locker room. Like I said before forget about sending the wrong message to your team by replacing your starter who "has done nothing to lose his job".

Be a MAN and treat your "Mighty Men" with respect.

You never wanted Alex which is why you drafted Kaep. You were shocked to see Alex has talent but tried to land Peyton Manning. Guys lets be honest, if Peyton signed with the 49ers Alex WOULD NOT have been offered a contract and Kaep would have taken over after the 3 year contract was completed.

Alex returns and plays great football, improving on the season before. Then Harbaugh and Roman come up with the dumbest wildcat package inserts against the NY GIANTS and get trounced.

Then you go and lie about saying Kaep isn't going to take over for Alex. You say he is an 'understudy". Elvis Grbac was an understudy..Kaep could have stayed back 1 more season and hey if Alex won the Superbowl you can't argue about him being the starter.....So when his contract expires you can go to the YOUNG Kaep and transition...

Too many lies for me to appreciate what all Harbaugh has done....Too much hard work put in by the players to for me to keep respecting Harbaugh...

Does Harbaugh really believe Justin Smith is easily replaceable? Seriously how many years does Justin have left? It's not just what he does for Aldon on the field, its his leadership and his example. You can't replace that with a rookie....

I expected better Jim Harbaugh...I really did...
    I seriously am in doubt of alot of things after the whole "play the hot hand" fiasco the last couple weeks, but he starts Keap next week. This is going to be a bad week, and i dont want to think like this, im hoping Keap just plays lights out next week against the Dolphins to put my mind at rest.

True MVP 49ers 2012

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon11 View Post
    I seriously am in doubt of alot of things after the whole "play the hot hand" fiasco the last couple weeks, but he starts Keap next week. This is going to be a bad week, and i dont want to think like this, im hoping Keap just plays lights out next week against the Dolphins to put my mind at rest.
    I edited what you quoted me to add that Alex is very good at calling an audible for Gore after reading the defense at the line...That's experience that Kaep needs to learn which the team can't wait around for on the road to the Super Bowl...

The 49ers should beat the Dolphins and Kaep should look great again but if they don't or they win and he struggles it is only going to get worse....

I am sorry to say this but it seems to me that Alex will not be a 49er after this season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Backto9erGlory View Post
    I edited what you quoted me to add that Alex is very good at calling an audible for Gore after reading the defense at the line...That's experience that Kaep needs to learn which the team can't wait around for on the road to the Super Bowl...

The 49ers should be the Dolphins and Kaep should look great again but if they don't or they win and he struggles it is only going to get worse....

I am sorry to say this but it seems to me that Alex will not be a 49er after this season
    Smith knows how to take control of this team, he yells at the line, knows when to tell Gore to change things up, and isn't afraid to change a bad play if he knows its not going to work. Keap's a kid out there and he doesn't want to let daddy down. That 3 option play he messed up on? No way Alex goes along with that, he either kills the play or just hands the ball off.

True MVP 49ers 2012

vCash
    All I keep hearing was the play calling was terrible. Its the exact type of play calling that has been used when Alex Smith was in there. Lots of running the ball, underneath passes and no deep throws. A game plan that Alex Smith has been successful using. Don't buy Harbaugh defending his player by saying it was bad play calling. It wasn't a bad call but just poorly executed.

Colin looked lost out there and he has to realize he can't throw every pass at 100 mph. He looks like he's putting everything he has on a 7 yard pass. Mental mistake after mental mistake. He made bad calls at the line of scrimmage, constantly "letting it roll" when he should of been killing the play. Those are things that I don't expect a 2nd year QB to master. He really didn't win the game against the worst defense in the league last week (Saints). The defense did. And he did very little against an average defense (Rams). He actually scored the same amount of points for the Rams that he did for the 49ers.

We can't speculate what Alex would of done in this game so to say that Alex would of had 5 fumbles is just ludicrous, especially since he only has 3 the entire season playing against much better defenses.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sf-fanatic View Post
    I feel like this will be a terrible week. It's a week when I wish we will play on Thursday.
    Ya seriously. Like the Belt debate all over again.

2010, 2012, and 2014 World Series Champions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastSportz View Post
    All I keep hearing was the play calling was terrible. Its the exact type of play calling that has been used when Alex Smith was in there. Lots of running the ball, underneath passes and no deep throws. A game plan that Alex Smith has been successful using. Don't buy Harbaugh defending his player by saying it was bad play calling. It wasn't a bad call but just poorly executed.

Colin looked lost out there and he has to realize he can't throw every pass at 100 mph. He looks like he's putting everything he has on a 7 yard pass. Mental mistake after mental mistake. He made bad calls at the line of scrimmage, constantly "letting it roll" when he should of been killing the play. Those are things that I don't expect a 2nd year QB to master. He really didn't win the game against the worst defense in the league last week (Saints). The defense did. And he did very little against an average defense (Rams). He actually scored the same amount of points for the Rams that he did for the 49ers.

We can't speculate what Alex would of done in this game so to say that Alex would of had 5 fumbles is just ludicrous, especially since he only has 3 the entire season playing against much better defenses.
    If we run the same offense as if Smith is qb, we should just start Smith. He's more effective, plays better, and the offense runs better in that system if hes qb. The key to that offense is not making mistakes. Playing Kap in that offense is like buying a new sports car and driving it 30 mph.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    Ya seriously. Like the Belt debate all over again.
    Agreed, but this is x10 because I don't think the Belt debate reached national media although the Belt debate was pretty annoying on PSD and split the fanbase lol. This might be worst than the Tebow vs Sanchez talk because we are actually good and one can argue that Kap cost us an important game today.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sf-fanatic View Post
    If we run the same offense as if Smith is qb, we should just start Smith. He's more effective, plays better, and the offense runs better in that system if hes qb. The key to that offense is not making mistakes. Playing Kap in that offense is like buying a new sports car and driving it 30 mph.
    And that's the problem. We don't have an offensive schemed to make use of Kaep's abilities, nor is Kaep ready to be in a big time offense. You can't just go from a conservative offensive to a dynamic deep ball offense. That's not how it works. I see CK7 like RG3, and could see him also thriving in offense similar. But you need coaches, and players dedicated to that over an off season, pre season, and multiple games.

I'm not directing this at you, but it baffles me that alot of posters think we can just change our offense on a flip of the dime.

True MVP 49ers 2012

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon11 View Post
    And that's the problem. We don't have an offensive schemed to make use of Kaep's abilities, nor is Kaep ready to be in a big time offense. You can't just go from a conservative offensive to a dynamic deep ball offense. That's not how it works. I see CK7 like RG3, and could see him also thriving in offense similar. But you need coaches, and players dedicated to that over an off season, pre season, and multiple games.

I'm not directing this at you, but it baffles me that alot of posters think we can just change our offense on a flip of the dime.
    Well, I'm not a fan of Kap starting this season and would much prefer Alex to play this year so I have the same opinion as you.

vCash
    ....and here come all the naysayers.
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!

49ers = 7-4
    Warriors = 10-2 Making it rain!
    A's =
    WINNING!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmac8675 View Post
    ....and here come all the naysayers.