Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who should the 49ers start?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alex "The Phoenix" Smith

25 34.72%
  • Colin "The Future" Kaepernick.

47 65.28%
Page 41 of 70 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hd1906 View Post
    But smith didn't have a good game bcuz he didn't play, you can only argue in favor of smith with actual evidence as opposed to assumptions, sry but it's only fair..

With your logic I can claim kaep would have won the game against the giants in the playoffs and outperformed smith in majority of the games this season as well but that isn't very practical..

There is so much more going on here than simply the one guy (Smith, Kaep) at the QB position, there's a new style of play to be implemented, there is the first pick of harbaughs career as an NFL coach, and the first QB in college history to pass for 10,000 yrds and rush for 4,000..

You've done your homework on smith, study up on Kaep..
    Like you guys argue in favor of Kaep and all he WILL do after TWO games games and less evidence, compared to what Smith HAS done over the pass 20+ games. You guys need to face the facts and admit that you all are really Smith haters and biased towards Kaep. If Harbaugh had for some reason thought that Tolzien was the guy who should replace Smith, you Kaep sack riders would be unhappy and criticizing Harbaugh and Tolzien. After two games you guys are crowning Kaep the Savior of our season and all but making him the sole reason we will reach the SB and win it. You guys are funny as hell and I just sit back and laugh at how funny you guys are. The majority of you praising Kaep are the same ones that hated Jed and had no confidence in him and his decision making, and made it known. Now you guys get upset if someone else expresses that same emotion towards Kaep and Harbaugh. Hypocrites!!

vCash
    DownSouth normally I agree with you but that's just a stupid post.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle916 View Post
    DownSouth normally I agree with you but that's just a stupid post.
    Like many of your posts.

vCash
    Here's some more interesting stats related to Colin Kaepernick and Alex Smith:

Sack Rate per Dropback:

Alex Smith: 9.4% (sacked on 1 out of every 10.6 dropbacks)
    Colin Kaepernick: 6.5% (sacked on 1 out of every 15.4 dropbacks)

Interception Rate per Dropback:

Alex Smith: 2.0% (intercepted on 1 out of every 50 dropbacks)
    Colin Kaepernick: 1.1% (intercepted on 1 out of every 90.9 dropbacks)

Touchdown Rate per Dropback (includes rushing TDs):

Alex Smith: 5.1% (scores TD on 1 out of every 19.6 dropbacks)
    Colin Kaepernick: 7.6% (scores TD on 1 out of every 13.2 dropbacks)
    Last edited by Lakers211221; 12-02-2012 at 09:39 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownSouth49er View Post
    Like you guys argue in favor of Kaep and all he WILL do after TWO games games and less evidence, compared to what Smith HAS done over the pass 20+ games. You guys need to face the facts and admit that you all are really Smith haters and biased towards Kaep. If Harbaugh had for some reason thought that Tolzien was the guy who should replace Smith, you Kaep sack riders would be unhappy and criticizing Harbaugh and Tolzien. After two games you guys are crowning Kaep the Savior of our season and all but making him the sole reason we will reach the SB and win it. You guys are funny as hell and I just sit back and laugh at how funny you guys are. The majority of you praising Kaep are the same ones that hated Jed and had no confidence in him and his decision making, and made it known. Now you guys get upset if someone else expresses that same emotion towards Kaep and Harbaugh. Hypocrites!!
    False, false, false.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post

Sack Rate per Dropback:

Good find. But someone will overlook this saying it's a small sample size, because #TeamKaepernick can't win.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownSouth49er View Post
    Like many of your posts.
    someone's bitter.

vCash
    someone's bitter.
    Another one sentence reply from you that means nothing to anyone. I'm a 49ers fan, what is there to be bitter about? SOME of you guys who support the move at this point and time in the season has that ha ha in your face attitude towards those that doesn't support it. That comes off as you're more about one player(Kaep), than you are about the team. Regardless of my opinion on the change, I have never taken anything away from Kaep or bashed him in my support of Alex starting. If you think I'm bitter about it then so be it...I'll still be praying that he completes every pass he drops back to throw today in STL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    Good find. But someone will overlook this saying it's a small sample size, because #TeamKaepernick can't win.
    Well...it is a small sample size. Regardless of who you think should start you can't deny that.

Slap Hands!

vCash
    Who's been laughing in your face about the change?

Your pos was stupid because you're acting like this is a personal vendetta. You get really childish when you're upset and it's more and more evident. I find it funny. I'm just a Niners fan as you are and you're going to slam other Niners fan because theyre on the other side of the fence on a controversial (keyword controversial) decision? Makes no sense to me, just sounds like someone who needs to grow up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    What?? Please everyone stop with who should start and Team Kaepernick or Alex ****, it's ridiculously petty. The INT rate is an EXTREMELY small sample size, you seriously can't tell me that him having a lower INT rate in 2.5 games is justification for anything. Alex Smith at one point went 250-something passes without a pick, and I don't care if Kaepernick's rate is better or worse, as long as it's reasonable and he's continuing to create plays and be explosive.

The problem people seem to have with the switch is that Smith fits what the MO of this team has been, and that is play the field position battle by not turning the ball over and relying on the run game and D to win games, so why mess with that dynamic? But from what we've seen this season, our D hasn't been as good as it was last season, and our ST has been FAR from that in terms of coverage. You wanna know what limits the team it's the offense when we're down. Two situations were the Vikes and Giants game. We got down big, and we were not able to muster a comeback, and I think with the offense being a bit more explosive, the 49ers will be more capable of making up deficits. Now I'm not saying that Kaepernick would've won either game (especially because the coaching was the big flaw in both those games considering the lack of reliance on the run game for some reason) but with the added dimensions to the offense I might be a little less uncomfortable with a deficit in the playoffs.

I'm about as big an Alex Smith fan you'll find, and I feel bad because it really sucks for Smith that this happened, and even Joe Staley went to Harbaugh and talked to him about how he was disappointed in the situation, so why can't some 49ers feel badly for Smith and continue to root for Kaepernick? It's not like Kaepernick is some piece of ****, Kaepernick works his *** off (I remember him running sprints with 50 lb plates on him during the day off on Monday), says the right things, is humble, and is able to lead this team

Now, no one can argue the fact that Kaepernick's ceiling is much higher than Smith's and I understand people, including me, might have a problem with the way Harbaugh went about this situation (I forgot who it was, but someone made a point that this might make some people in that locker room lose a tiny bit of trust in Harbaugh) but it's over, the 49ers are as they are now, gotta move forward, and at least we know that, god forbid, Kaepernick gets hurt, the 49ers have a QB that can take the 49ers to the SB

Soon...

vCash
    Who's been laughing in your face about the change?

Your pos was stupid because you're acting like this is a personal vendetta. You get really childish when you're upset and it's more and more evident. I find it funny. I'm just a Niners fan as you are and you're going to slam other Niners fan because theyre on the other side of the fence on a controversial (keyword controversial) decision? Makes no sense to me, just sounds like someone who needs to grow up.
    Your opinion is your opinion. I'm not slamming anyone, I voice my opinion and if it applies to someone they will respond, like you did lol. If it doesn't they will keep scrolling. I just find it a little crazy the way it happened, and with all the stats comparing Kaep's success over 2 games to what Alex has done since last year. That's being biased in my opinion and I made it known. If you can't handle the way I express myself then that's your problem. Grow a second pair because the ones you have now isn't working.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies:24539893
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post

Sack Rate per Dropback:

You're the prime example of someone who loves Kap more than the team itself.

Go Braves/49ers!

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    vCash
    The only bright point I can see in this BS is that when Kaep keeps it up for the rest of the season and the sample size is comparable. If he stays at this level, and even progresses to another level, no one can say ****.

vCash
    Alright, it's getting a bit chippy in here. Until Kaep has a bad game, no point in discussing this topic anymore since kaep is clearly the starter. Closed..... at least for now.

Page 41 of 70 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast