Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who should the 49ers start?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alex "The Phoenix" Smith

25 34.72%
  • Colin "The Future" Kaepernick.

47 65.28%
Page 32 of 70 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post

besides, a lot of things can happen between now and then. Kaep could regress or get hurt and Smith could be back in there, or regain his spot...

But Kaep makes the offense better.... plain and simple.
    thats how i feel.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post

besides, a lot of things can happen between now and then. Kaep could regress or get hurt and Smith could be back in there, or regain his spot...

But Kaep makes the offense better.... plain and simple.
    Statistically it is a sideways move, regardless of how moved some are by a couple of deep throws. The offense under Smith was fine/good. I will also add there are a few warning signs that I see of Kaep where he is forcing throws into tight windows... his lone pick shouldn't have been a thrown ball, he is lucky Moss made a heads up interference play in the end zone, and a couple throws over the middle were risky to put it lightly. I love Kap, he is going to be awesome for us, but this is just the wrong time to make the move.

Smith is my guy.

vCash
    I read a couple quotes and it seems like Crabs and Walker are more for Alex. A lot of the players are talking about how hard he throws. I can see that wearing on the receivers after some time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by STAT1 View Post
    I read a couple quotes and it seems like Crabs and Walker are more for Alex. A lot of the players are talking about how hard he throws. I can see that wearing on the receivers after some time.
    I can agree with Walker favoring Alex, however I think Crabs was just very diplomatic and tried to not throw any QB under the bus or infer that he preferred 1 over the other. Only thing I saw (and I am doing all I can to not read into it) was he said the only other person who threw a ball like Kaep was Troy Smith.
    "All we care about are wins, stats are for losers" - Justin Smith
    "We're the San Francisco 49ers. We can do whatever we want" - Jim Harbaugh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcheeze View Post
    I can agree with Walker favoring Alex, however I think Crabs was just very diplomatic and tried to not throw any QB under the bus or infer that he preferred 1 over the other. Only thing I saw (and I am doing all I can to not read into it) was he said the only other person who threw a ball like Kaep was Troy Smith.
    I thought him saying "I'd say sometimes guys don't look too good at practice, but they're just gamers. It's like that sometimes. I think that's how Kaepernick is at quarterback. He knows one speed, and it's 'Go.' " was kind of telling. He also said something about missing a pass because it was thrown so hard and low. Makes me think he likes Alex's passing more.

vCash
    I don't know how Walker would when he got some passes from Kap and got big plays

vCash
    I thought him saying "I'd say sometimes guys don't look too good at practice, but they're just gamers. It's like that sometimes. I think that's how Kaepernick is at quarterback. He knows one speed, and it's 'Go.' " was kind of telling. He also said something about missing a pass because it was thrown so hard and low. Makes me think he likes Alex's passing more.
    Not sure, Crabs has made it quite well known that he wants his QB to throw to him when covered so he can make plays. This is something Kaep is more likely to do, even though lately Alex has started to show signs he trust Crabs and will make those throws.

I'm doing my best to support Kaep (he deserves it), and to try to not read too deep into what players have said after being goated into comments. Kaep is our new starting QB, he's a good guy, and has talent. True 49er fans have to support him. We can be a little PO'd (and I am) about how Harb's handled this, but we have to support our team and not direct ire or doubt at players that don't deserve it.

vCash
    Last edited by Lakers211221; 11-28-2012 at 06:23 PM.

vCash
    Well, I think Kap was the only option Harbaugh could make unless he watns to start the whole QB swap thing. Just like Alex didn't do anything to lose his job, neither did Kap.

To me, and I'm sure it's only me, the more I hear Harbaugh talk, the less I trust him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    Well, I think Kap was the only option Harbaugh could make unless he watns to start the whole QB swap thing. Just like Alex didn't do anything to lose his job, neither did Kap.

To me, and I'm sure it's only me, the more I hear Harbaugh talk, the less I trust him.
    Hey, he just wants to go plow your field!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Breer
    Colin Kaepernick's progress. New Orleans Saints interim coach Joe Vitt said on Monday that the Niners' precocious starter caught his defense a little off-guard with his foot speed. Defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo said he wasn't surprised by it, but dealing with it is different from planning for it. So yes, the Niners are more dynamic with Kaepernick in there. As time progresses, though, the surprises will melt away, and that means Kaepernick will have to be able to counterpunch, which is a challenge for any young quarterback. Now, some have compared this transition to the Patriots turning to Tom Brady in 2001, and there's some merit to the idea. But let's remember, back then, Brady wasn't what he is now. While he was incredibly clutch, Brady led just two touchdown drives in that year's playoffs -- the team scored touchdowns on defense and special teams during that run -- and the club's opponents were held to a total of 47 points in three games. But the most valid reason for the comparison is that the Niners -- like the 2001 Patriots -- are championship worthy. And if the Patriots had to prop up Brady back then, you had better believe San Francisco will have moments when it'll have to prop up Kaepernick. There's the risk in Jim Harbaugh's bold decision. If Kaepernick hits one of those inevitable bumps on the wrong day, can the rest of the team carry him through? This much we know: With each week, opponents will learn more, and there will be new challenges for Kaepernick. Here #3
    I can say that he articulated my concerns well. I belelive in our D, and it's not like they haven't pulled Alex's from the fire before.

vCash

Colin Kaepernick is the Offical Starter for This Week

Coach Jim Harbaugh made the announcement Wednesday that Kaepernick would go Sunday at St. Louis over Alex Smith after the second-year pro led the NFC West-leading Niners (8-2-1) to victories in the past two games, his first two NFL starts.

''The rationale is we have two quarterbacks that we feel great about as a starting quarterback,'' Harbaugh said. ''Both have earned it, both deserve it - Alex over a long period of time, Colin by virtue of the last three games. It tips the scales. Colin we believe has the hot hand. We'll go with Colin. And we'll go with Alex. They're both our guys.''

Not that it was a huge secret, but I really thought he was leaning towards Alex Smith.

vCash
    Link or it didnt happen.

vCash
    The thread wasn't really necessary. This has been talked about for 4 hours in the Alex vs Colin thread.

vCash
    In the end, the offensive situation isn't really changing. The plays called will, for the most, be the same. We're a team carried by the run and defense. The ONLY differences with Kap are that I believe he can escape the pocket alot better and that he has the cannon/take risk combo going for him (which can lead to turnovers, but just remember who our coach is, you know he's been over it with Kap 100 times already).

Page 32 of 70 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast