Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who should the 49ers start?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alex "The Phoenix" Smith

25 34.72%
  • Colin "The Future" Kaepernick.

47 65.28%
Page 29 of 70 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Skip Bayless bashing "The Phoenix".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6ju-BOZ40U

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post

what's the point of posting this? skip bayless has always been a smith basher, just like stephen a smith. they will never admit they were wrong. skip bayless will never admit he was wrong about alex smith, lebron james, etc.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcheeze View Post
    I highly doubt Baalke panicked. They had their lists, and once they saw other players drop off they made what they believed was a smart trade up to insure the guy they wanted was still there, and they had reasonable doubt he'd be there if they didn't.
    I can see it as feasible that there was a little panic in the room that Kaep may not get to them so they moved up...but as for panicking that they might not get a QB in the draft I don't buy that. Flat out panic...no. Maybe we'll just call it a little concern so they moved up to make sure they got him. Similar to what Baalke did when they moved up 2 spots to get A Davis a few yrs ago.

vCash

Just remember, Skippy Foo-Foo was picking Tebow corn out of his teeth for months after Tebow started playing... heck he probably still has some wedged between some molars. So pretty much anything Foo-Foo says is wrong.
    "All we care about are wins, stats are for losers" - Justin Smith
    "We're the San Francisco 49ers. We can do whatever we want" - Jim Harbaugh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    That's not true. The 49ers traded up before the Bengals made their selection. When the trade went through, there were still 2 QBs left on the board. Also, when Harbaugh was asked prior to the draft what he looked for in a QB, he basically described Colin Kaepernick.
    I recall only moving up after Dalton was selected. Also, who wouldn't describe Colin as their ideal QB? Athletic, smart, great arm, etc etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by DerekRE_3 View Post
    Assuming that they panicked because they took the last qb of the top 6 or so is such flawed logic.
    To say we didn't panic is equally as flawed. When you move up, you are panicking to some extent b/c you don't feel the person you want is going to be there when you select. The very definition of moving up means you are panicking to some extent, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle916 View Post
    In all seriousness, how are we back to the Kaep or Dalton as Harbaugh's 'guy' topic?

What happened to Smith or Kaep?

And since when does it matter if Kaep was Harbaugh's guy? Last time I checked Kaep just beat the Bears and the Saints (in NO)... Don't think we really care who we have at this point.
    lol Totally agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Kap is OUR guy now, who gives a **** if he was first choice or not.
    Totally agree to this also.

vCash
    I believe Harbaugh wanted either of those two. When Ginger was drafted, he decided Kaep is the guy and moved up to ensure that we got him. Can't blame him one bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    I recall only moving up after Dalton was selected. Also, who wouldn't describe Colin as their ideal QB? Athletic, smart, great arm, etc etc etc.

To say we didn't panic is equally as flawed. When you move up, you are panicking to some extent b/c you don't feel the person you want is going to be there when you select. The very definition of moving up means you are panicking to some extent, isn't it?

lol Totally agreed.

Totally agree to this also.
    Well, you recall incorrectly. The 49ers logo came on the screen while the Bengals were announcing their pick. For that to happen, the 49ers would've had to have made the trade well before that pick...and there were rumors late in the first round that they were trying to move up then.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Well, you recall incorrectly. The 49ers logo came on the screen while the Bengals were announcing their pick. For that to happen, the 49ers would've had to have made the trade well before that pick...and there were rumors late in the first round that they were trying to move up then.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

vCash
    Iseem to remember it was rumored that Harbaugh liked Ponder.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yeolde9erfan View Post
    Iseem to remember it was rumored that Harbaugh liked Ponder.
    You remember incorrectly, he was just "pondering" over Kaepernick.

(joking, by the way)

vCash
    You remember incorrectly, he was just "pondering" over Kaepernick.

(joking, by the way)
    LOL got it,

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tapajafri View Post
    what's the point of posting this? skip bayless has always been a smith basher, just like stephen a smith. they will never admit they were wrong. skip bayless will never admit he was wrong about alex smith, lebron james, etc.
    Might want to add Mike Green whatever his name is for Mike & Mike (i hate that show even when I lived in NY). He does not like Alex Smith. He cites his very bad game against the Jets (yes Jets, not Giants).

But Alex went from bust to average QB. This is his best year by far and isn't on pace for any numbers worthy of a #1 overall pick. He's a 190 yard 1 TD 1 INT passer for his career. That's not anything to get excited about.

Smith this year has actually had an up and down season. He was damn near perfect against the Cards, Packers, Lions, Bills. And awful against the Giants, Vikings, Jets, and maybe just mediocre against the Seachickens.
    2012 World Series Champs Auto Checklist: Jeremy Affeldt, Javier Lopez (2), Ryan Vogelsong, George Kontos (2), Buster Posey, Brian Sabean, Bruce Bochy, Brandon Crawford, Sergio Romo, Barry Zito...

vCash

SF Giants, SF 49ers, Sac Kings since birth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    Might want to add Mike Green whatever his name is for Mike & Mike (i hate that show even when I lived in NY). He does not like Alex Smith. He cites his very bad game against the Jets (yes Jets, not Giants).

But Alex went from bust to average QB. This is his best year by far and isn't on pace for any numbers worthy of a #1 overall pick. He's a 190 yard 1 TD 1 INT passer for his career. That's not anything to get excited about.

Smith this year has actually had an up and down season. He was damn near perfect against the Cards, Packers, Lions, Bills. And awful against the Giants, Vikings, Jets, and maybe just mediocre against the Seachickens.
    Why would he site that game?? That's an example of a talk radio guy looking at a stat sheet instead of watching the game. I actually thought that was one of Smith's better games. The stats didn't show Manningham stopping on two go routes that might have been TDs had he kept going. Plus, I think Walker had another pretty big drop in that game. I'm all for the change because Smith doesn't push the ball enough in my opinion...but when he does he needs credit for it.

vCash
    It's on SportsCenter like a special. I don't like how big this is. Hopefully it's over after today

Page 29 of 70 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast