Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who should the 49ers start?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alex "The Phoenix" Smith

25 34.72%
  • Colin "The Future" Kaepernick.

47 65.28%
Page 21 of 70 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle916 View Post
    Serious Question: So it seems the majority of you guys are against the switch?
    I'm with it. Harbaugh is the reason we are back to relevance, hard to argue against him. Kaepernick obviously brings the big play more then Alex. You can't argue that. Our offense just seems so scary with him back there. Like we can score on any play. I have always had Smiths back, but it's hard to argue with the obvious. I just don't like how it happened. It just seems like a ****** way for it to happen after all the BS that has happened with Smith.

It's funny though. I went pft and almost everyone was crying for Alex. Where the **** was the majority a couple years ago? We sure do have some stupid *** fans.

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yeolde9erfan View Post
    It wouldn't bother me nearly as much if Alex wasn't such a team guy and hadn't gone so above and beyond during the lockout. He has been the model leader and team player. Kap definitely brings a down the field mentality and for the most part has exceeded my expectations. I really think the change is a gamble because Kap is inexperienced and although the team could absorb some mistakes from inexperience now, there isn't room for them when we hit the playoffs. The million dollar question is does what he brings outweigh the inexperience??? Gotta trust Harbaugh
    Totally with you. Kind of wish Kaep was replacing some cocky douchebag Philip Rivers type.

Or Cutler
    Last edited by OREcoast49er; 11-26-2012 at 11:09 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownSouth49er View Post
    I'm against the switch and how it happened. It's like Harbaugh is saying to Alex yeah I know what you did for us but screw you. A lot of people are saying to be appreciative and respectful of Alex for what he has done for us over the past couple of season's but to be honest Harbaugh has been anything but respectful and appreciative towards him. Taking a guy's job away that didn't do anything to lose it besides suffering a concussion, is pretty F'ed up on Harbaugh's part. I know some of you think Harbaugh is God and can do no wrong but he was wrong. Rather you agree with me or not, you all know that DS is gonna tell it like it is...kaep has done well and showed so far he's up to the task, I just disagree with the timing and way he was giving his chance and I always will. But I'm a 49ers fan first and my yelling until my throat hurts on sunday's won't change no matter what.
    This x100. This type of treatment doesn't go unnoticed. I don't know how forthcoming he is in the locker room but if it the same as how he portrays his loyalty to the media then how can you trust him if you are a player? Sure I am your guy until I get hurt... I don't like it one bit.

vCash
    I think what makes Kaep a better choice is his ability to avoid sacks. Not that Alex is a statue but Kaep avoid at least 3 sacks yesterday and made plays after avoiding the sack. His arm is definitely better and it makes defenses respect the deep ball. Now with Williams going down with a knee injury we will see more Moss and with Kap's arm teams will give alot of attention to Moss deep which will open up VD in the middle and open up running lanes. It is a shame how the switch came about but this is a business and thats how it goes. Bledsoe lost his job to injury and is anyone complaining in N.E. I'm not saying Kap is Tom Brady but that is how things go. We knew he was the QB of the future, his time just came a little early. No need to bench him now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OREcoast49er View Post
    I'm with it. Harbaugh is the reason we are back to relevance, hard to argue against him. Kaepernick obviously brings the big play more then Alex. You can't argue that. Our offense just seems so scary with him back there. Like we can score on any play. I have always had Smiths back, but it's hard to argue with the obvious. I just don't like how it happened. It just seems like a ****** way for it to happen after all the BS that has happened with Smith.

It's funny though. I went pft and almost everyone was crying for Alex. Where the **** was the majority a couple years ago? We sure do have some stupid *** fans.
    exactly how i feel. wasn't it vernon that said something like

" it felt like someone took the handcuffs off me."

vCash
    Totally with you. Kind of wish Kaep was replacing some cocky douchebag Philip Rivers type.

Or Cutler
    Good point. Would be a lot easier. I'm fine with either QB, but feel Alex got screwed by the injury.

Go Braves/49ers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D1RoseJM View Post
    exactly how i feel. wasn't it vernon that said something like
    Last night Vernon said: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...isco-49ers-guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Vernon Davis
    "It's difficult, but I think Alex is still the man," Davis told reporters after the 49ers posted 31-21 victory over the New Orleans Saints on Sunday. "In my heart I strongly believe that and you'll know next week. I'm sure Harbaugh will make a nice decision who he wants to go with but right now we have two outstanding playmakers."

Prodded further, Davis declared: "I'm sure Alex is still our guy."

I swear to all that is holly if the dam media causes a divided locker room, then I'll go find a clock tower and play angry birds on their

While I want Alex, I want even more a united team behind our QB! I hate the media.
    "All we care about are wins, stats are for losers" - Justin Smith
    "We're the San Francisco 49ers. We can do whatever we want" - Jim Harbaugh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcheeze View Post
    Last night Vernon said: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...isco-49ers-guy

I swear to all that is holly if the dam media causes a divided locker room, then I'll go find a clock tower and play angry birds on their

While I want Alex, I want even more a united team behind our QB! I hate the media.
    The media is trying to divide our team becaus of the qB controversy. Either way, if the 49ers lost against the saints it was going to be harbaugh fault by choosing kaep. Same thing would of happen if he stuck with Alex and we lost. Harbaugh is in a lose - lose situation against the media

vCash
    Alex while not a perfect player has earned his job, and earned the respect of the fans and a far longer leash than what some of us feel he has been given. It is that simple. His play doesn't warrant a benching, it is bad form.

Preparing for WAR! 5/3/14 Maidana vs Mayweather
    vCash

I agree. I could have sworn this forum was divided weeks ago despite the good season Alex has been having. And I am pretty sure the whole fanbase minus a few individuals agreed that he was not elite by any means and an ungrade was both feasible and eventual, so where on earth did all this sudden extreme loyalty come from? It feels hypocritical. It feels like a distrust to Harbaugh. Hard to say you trust in Harbaugh but question his decisions and say you would do differently. I don't remember all this overwhelming support for Alex the last year Singletary was here, therefore I think hypocritical is a valid label.

As much as I dreamed of CK starting I never imagined it would be met with such resistance. Sure we as fans sometimes get attached and love an underdog story, but this is real life people. Life isn't fair, and successful life in football means winning. And Harbaugh is about winning. Winning is a deeper bond and loyalty to the mighty Red and Gold to which I have shed tears of both sadness and joy for, and that loyalty is more important to me than the loyalty a fan perceives is owned to a player, any player. The bottom line is this is a business.

Anyone who has ever been promoted above a friend at work knows that friendship and work don't mix. It's a difficult thing to overcome, but it's necessary that the long term goals don't get lost. Firing a friend is difficult, but if you can't separate business from pleasure and look at the bigger picture and act for the sake of the greater goal because you are too emotionally involved to pull the trigger then you aren't fit to lead or hold that position. It's really that simple.
    Last edited by lol, please; 11-26-2012 at 11:49 AM.
    lol, please' top 10 p4p- Mayweather/Ward/Marquez/Pacquiao/Maidana/Rigondeaux/Froch/Cotto/B-Hop/Canelo
    Boxing fan? Come discuss Boxing!

"We are chasing greatness" Mark Jackson 3/7/14

Preparing for WAR! 5/3/14 Maidana vs Mayweather
    vCash
    I love how people demand loyalty from Harbaugh to Smith, what on earth does Harbaugh owe Smith? He literally made Smith over the last two years. Smith owes him for the next contract he gets if anything. Harbaugh owes Smith 0. It's the fans who are attached to Smith and his story, Harbaugh's loyalty is to the franchise, and he has proven it by putting a winning product on the field and continuing to do so.

People are acting like I did when I was eight and held my dying dog through his last breaths. Sack up people we (arguably, but I believe so) just got better. Is that not what we want in the end?

How about some thanks? Thanks Harbaugh for reviving Smiths career and allowing him to go out on a good note, I can assure you he wouldn't be getting all of this love had he been bounced the minute Harbaugh was hired. Respect and thank him for that.
    Last edited by lol, please; 11-26-2012 at 11:52 AM.
    lol, please' top 10 p4p- Mayweather/Ward/Marquez/Pacquiao/Maidana/Rigondeaux/Froch/Cotto/B-Hop/Canelo
    Boxing fan? Come discuss Boxing!

"We are chasing greatness" Mark Jackson 3/7/14

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    I agree. I could have sworn this forum was divided weeks ago despite the good season Alex has been having. And I am pretty sure the whole fanbase minus a few individuals agreed that he was not elite by any means and an ungrade was both feasible and eventual, so where on earth did all this sudden extreme loyalty come from? It feels hypocritical. It feels like a distrust to Harbaugh. Hard to say you trust in Harbaugh but question his decisions and say you would do differently. I don't remember all this overwhelming support for Alex the last year Singletary was here, therefore I think hypocritical is a valid label.

As much as I dreamed of CK starting I never imagined it would be met with such resistance. Sure we as fans sometimes get attached and love an underdog story, but this is real life people. Life isn't fair, and successful life in football means winning. And Harbaugh is about winning. Winning is a deeper bond and loyalty to the mighty Red and Gold to which I have shed tears of both sadness and joy for, and that loyalty is more important to me than the loyalty a fan perceives is owned to a player, any player. The bottom line is this is a business.

Anyone who has ever been promoted above a friend at work knows that friendship and work don't mix. It's a difficult thing to overcome, but it's necessary that the long term goals don't get lost. Firing a friend is difficult, but if you can't separate business from pleasure and look at the bigger picture and act for the sake of the greater goal because you are too emotionally involved to pull the trigger then you aren't fit to lead or hold that position. It's really that simple.
    I think a lot of it is because most folks wanted the change in the offseason. I was in the minority that wanted the change now because I feel like SB windows are not open very long and something was missing that kept this team from putting distance between themselves and teams that are not currently in that window. I thought the defense was good enough to keep them in games if the offense made some mistakes so the mistakes don't concern me as much. Most of all, it just seemed like Smith had the ability but not the guts for lack of a better term. He "can" make those tight throws...he just won't. I don't believe in playing "not to lose" and that's how Smith plays.

vCash

As much as I dreamed of CK starting I never imagined it would be met with such resistance. Sure we as players sometimes get attached and love an underdog story, but this is real life people. Life isn't fair, and successful life in football means winning. And Harbaugh is about winning. Winning is a deeper bond and loyalty to the mighty Red and Gold to which I have shed tears of both sadness and joy for, and that loyalty is more important to me than the loyalty a fan perceives is owned to a player, any player. The bottom line is this is a business.

Loyalty is earned. Alex has earned it. We were winning. If Alex starts we will continue to win. It is really that simple.

This wasn't a promotion/demotion situation per se, it was one guy getting hurt and another being given his job. Because of this key fact the circumstances leading to the change do not feel good to me, as a fan and as a human being. If this were an open competition in training camp that is one thing, an understandable inevitability that all players face. This is coming mid-season when we were playing very well as a team and Alex was practically flawless for three weeks.

vCash
    Dam Phillies your a heartless bastard!

But, you are right from the stand point this is a professional sports team, and it's a business. While loyalty is a great thing, the truth is there is none. Ask some of my former employers - they have shown me none, and I have shown them none. Don't give me what I want, here's my 2 weeks because this other company did. C-YA!

My view has nothing to do with who owes who... it's Alex's experience and proven winning over the last 2 seasons versus Kaeps potential and mistakes that he will make (and then learn from). As I said, I'm not a grass is greener; therefor I go with the safer option until proven otherwise or left with no choice.
    "All we care about are wins, stats are for losers" - Justin Smith
    "We're the San Francisco 49ers. We can do whatever we want" - Jim Harbaugh

vCash
    I love how people demand loyalty from Harbaugh to Smith, what on earth does Harbaugh owe Smith? He literally made Smith over the last two years. Smith owes him for the next contract he gets if anything. Harbaugh owes Smith 0. It's the fans who are attached to Smith and his story, Harbaugh's loyalty is to the franchise, and he has proven it by putting a winning product on the field and continuing to do so.

People are acting like I did when I was eight and held my dying dog through his last breaths. Sack up people we (arguably, but I believe so) just got better. Is that not what we want in the end?

How about some thanks? Thanks Harbaugh for reviving Smiths career and allowing him to go out on a good note, I can assure you he wouldn't be getting all of this love had he been bounced the minute Harbaugh was hired. Respect and thank him for that.
    No one is demanding anything. People are just expressing their difference of opinion in how Alex lost his job. We are entitled to do so just like you and others express your satisfaction with how it was handled. At the end of the day we are all 49ers fans and support the team, but that doesn't mean we can't be objective to what Harbaugh has done or how he did it. That's just being a homer fan. It is possible to question a person's decision but still have faith in them.

Page 21 of 70 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast