Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who should the 49ers start?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alex "The Phoenix" Smith

25 34.72%
  • Colin "The Future" Kaepernick.

47 65.28%
Page 20 of 70 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OREcoast49er View Post
    That **** has to be rough for some of those guys.
    That's usually the way it goes with a mid-season QB change, and even worse when the starter did nothing to lose his job...

vCash
    Serious Question: So it seems the majority of you guys are against the switch?

vCash
    I'm still not sure. I'm not opposed to Kaepernick starting as it seems he's got the talent and skills Alex lacks, but I am opposed to a team in the Niners position changing QBs at this point in the season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle916 View Post
    I'm for the switch. I'm just not for the bashing of Alex on the way.

vCash
    I wouldn't say I'm against it anymore personally. I was at work for the Monday game so I didn't see what Kaep did against the Bears, but from what I saw today, I think Kaep should be the starter. For me it was the little things. Mainly his footwork in the pocket. I think Alex would had been sacked 3 times today. And to me it wasn't because Kaep is quicker or more athletic, it was his footwork.

It reminded me of Rodgers. His footwork allowed him to avoid pressure while staying in the pocket and scanning the field. He wasn't looking to run when pressured, but kept his calm and stayed in position to make the throw.

A lot of QB's would get sacked or force an early throw. Faster QB's would look to run. But his footwork looked like the elite QB's.

I just think it sucks for me personally to see a player lose his job to injury. I still feel Alex can win us a SB, but I think the odds are better with Kaep in there.

#PoseyHugs #SanchezHugs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leandres_sf View Post
    I'm still not sure. I'm not opposed to Kaepernick starting as it seems he's got the talent and skills Alex lacks, but I am opposed to a team in the Niners position changing QBs at this point in the season.
    +1. Ride this season out with Alex and see where we go. Alex didn't play horrible to lose his job. He was very efficient.

BUT I trust Harbaugh 200%

And like what everyone says and it's obvious to watch....Colin has mad skills.

Bigger problems in the world. Ha ha.

vCash
    I'm against the switch and how it happened. It's like Harbaugh is saying to Alex yeah I know what you did for us but screw you. A lot of people are saying to be appreciative and respectful of Alex for what he has done for us over the past couple of season's but to be honest Harbaugh has been anything but respectful and appreciative towards him. Taking a guy's job away that didn't do anything to lose it besides suffering a concussion, is pretty F'ed up on Harbaugh's part. I know some of you think Harbaugh is God and can do no wrong but he was wrong. Rather you agree with me or not, you all know that DS is gonna tell it like it is...kaep has done well and showed so far he's up to the task, I just disagree with the timing and way he was giving his chance and I always will. But I'm a 49ers fan first and my yelling until my throat hurts on sunday's won't change no matter what.

vCash
    I'm for the switch. I was fine with Alex riding out the season this year and have a legit offseason competition afterwards, but now that Kap has shown that he can pilot the ship just as well, if not better, then the time we all expected has arrived sooner. Its unconventional, but it was going to happen. I've backed Smith in the past, but I was waiting on Kap and I don't want to turn back now.

vCash
    The team is just different with Kaepernick in. They kept saying during the broadcast that Smith must feel like "I haven't done anything to lose my job". Honestly...that's exactly the problem. What have you done to "lose" is just a passive way to think. Kaepernick seems to have the attitude of "I'm going to WIN the job".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownSouth49er View Post
    I'm against the switch and how it happened. It's like Harbaugh is saying to Alex yeah I know what you did for us but screw you. A lot of people are saying to be appreciative and respectful of Alex for what he has done for us over the past couple of season's but to be honest Harbaugh has been anything but respectful and appreciative towards him. Taking a guy's job away that didn't do anything to lose it besides suffering a concussion, is pretty F'ed up on Harbaugh's part. I know some of you think Harbaugh is God and can do no wrong but he was wrong. Rather you agree with me or not, you all know that DS is gonna tell it like it is...kaep has done well and showed so far he's up to the task, I just disagree with the timing and way he was giving his chance and I always will. But I'm a 49ers fan first and my yelling until my throat hurts on sunday's won't change no matter what.
    Were the Packers and Patriots "f'ed up" when they handed Favre's and Bledsoe's jobs away due to injuries and positive play from Rodgers and Brady? It's the nature of the game. Injuries let younger players get opportunities to demonstrate what they can do. If they outperform the player that they are replacing, they can steal the job. Welcome to the NFL. Alex Smith has a QBR of 69.8 on the season. Kaepernick has a QBR of 79.6. That is a huge difference in that stat. The 79.6 Kaepernick is only lower than Tom Brady (81.6). Alex Smith's 69.8 is lower than Brady, Kaepernick, Manning, Ryan, Griffin III, and Roethlisberger. Was Alex bad? No, he was good, but Kaepernick was better. Kaepernick gives us a better downfield passing attack that takes DBs out of the box. Kaepernick averages 9.19 yards per attempt while Alex averages 7.98. That's a huge difference.

vCash
    Last night did nothing to change my mind on the Alex-Kaep issue. Kaep didn't do anything to lose the job either, yet to me he didn't do anything to earn the job. He did fine, he made some plays that Alex likely wouldn't have and made some mistakes that Alex likely wouldn't have.

I'm not against it, I'm just very hesitant - because as I have stated about myself, I'm not a "the grass is greener on that side of the fence" type of person. Been there, done that and found out that side of the grass has just as many or more brown spots than my side. Of course, I'm not going to lie I like Alex... but I also like Kaep, but at this point "Alex is my guy" - but that's not saying I don't like or am against Kaep.

But, as it comes down to... I am a fan of the team 1st and foremost. Therefore, I root for the team and who ever is under center I am rooting for to be successful. While I admit I'm not happy with Harbaugh right now, I can not argue with his methods... and "In Harbaugh We Trust!"
    "All we care about are wins, stats are for losers" - Justin Smith
    "We're the San Francisco 49ers. We can do whatever we want" - Jim Harbaugh

vCash
    Smith didn't do anything to deserve to lose his job. But you can't argue that the 49ers offense isn't more dynamic and explosive with Kaepernick running the show. I'm on board with whoever starts, but realize that this ****ing sucks for Smith. He's been through so much, and is just entering the prime of his career.

Slap Hands!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Were the Packers and Patriots "f'ed up" when they handed Favre's and Bledsoe's jobs away due to injuries and positive play from Rodgers and Brady? It's the nature of the game. Injuries let younger players get opportunities to demonstrate what they can do. If they outperform the player that they are replacing, they can steal the job. Welcome to the NFL. Alex Smith has a QBR of 69.8 on the season. Kaepernick has a QBR of 79.6. That is a huge difference in that stat. The 79.6 Kaepernick is only lower than Tom Brady (81.6). Alex Smith's 69.8 is lower than Brady, Kaepernick, Manning, Ryan, Griffin III, and Roethlisberger. Was Alex bad? No, he was good, but Kaepernick was better. Kaepernick gives us a better downfield passing attack that takes DBs out of the box. Kaepernick averages 9.19 yards per attempt while Alex averages 7.98. That's a huge difference.
    The pats and packers situations were completely different. Favre kept toying with retirement and the Packers decided to just move on and Bledsoe was out for several games when Brady tookover. Alex was out for one game. Get out of here with that BS lakers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownSouth49er View Post
    The pats and packers situations were completely different. Favre kept toying with retirement and the Packers decided to just move on and Bledsoe was out for several games when Brady tookover. Alex was out for one game. Get out of here with that BS lakers.
    wasn't that one game a blessing for 49ers fans? it showed a glimpse of how much kaep has progressed and lets be honest, Harbaugh says "alex smith is our guy blah blah blah" but all of that is hoopla for the media. we were "scouting" manning because harbaugh felt he would give us a better chance for a superbowl. he went to denver and we had no choice but to bring Alex back. Alex was just a gap stopper for kaep

vCash
    It wouldn't bother me nearly as much if Alex wasn't such a team guy and hadn't gone so above and beyond during the lockout. He has been the model leader and team player. Kap definitely brings a down the field mentality and for the most part has exceeded my expectations. I really think the change is a gamble because Kap is inexperienced and although the team could absorb some mistakes from inexperience now, there isn't room for them when we hit the playoffs. The million dollar question is does what he brings outweigh the inexperience??? Gotta trust Harbaugh

Page 20 of 70 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast